A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Tea, those BM's dresses are really nice, I am in :heart: with the berry colour but I think like you say it would look great to have one of each.

Here are my BM's dresses and shoes (so you can get the whole idea! :D ), sorry about the bad picture, it's not the most flattering shot! They are from Sugar and Spice at Chermside.

ImageImage

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Thats a really good price Melly! Im paying $150 for hair and make - up . Make up on its own it $100 but the package for both is quite good. Plus i'll be looking at my photos for the rest of my life so i want them Perfect! Heres a pic of my bridesmaid dresses. there from Melbourne they have a site on the net with heaps of dresses & great prices. the girls are having black shoes with black lace parasoles- i had to have parasols so the lenght suited the style best & the long back help dress it up though to go from garden to night time reception. Ur bridesmaidsdress r really nice! very classy!! Great match in the shoes with ur dress Lou! Im going to canberra to visit family on the weekend so im gonna do a bit of shoe shopping for myself while im there cos there isnt a Tmba. Misss dont let ur MIL get to u ! And dont take any of it personal...

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 pm

WOW!

Ok...where to start....

tea85....love the BM's dresses! i Don't usually like that ruffled type look, but it looks gorgeous on those dresses! And one of each colour would go well I reckon too!.

Lou82....Sugar and Spice brand is awesome hey!

MissS....Damned MIL...in my case, it's the Step MIL....grrr! But as LouLou said....meh, better not to let her get to you!

LouLou....very nice colour dresses! Gorgeous....

My FH wedding ring came in today, so can't wait to go and have a look at it on Friday. He'll be stoked.

Below are the dresses I'm tossing up between for BM's at the mo. They come in a jade green! :) And they actually all like both dresses! EXCITING!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:54 am

Lou82- Love your bridesmaids dresses. The colour is gorgeous!!

Loulou-Those dresses are very sexy!! Two of my Bms are under 18 so we had to find something age appropriate. I think their dad would kill me if i dressed them in something sexy. I :heart: those dresses.

Greenwedding- Love the second dress from spulings very elegant. What kinda wedding band did your Fh go for? My Fh is still looking he hasn't decided yet.

missS

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:50 am

Morning Ladies
:) Thanks Loulou and Green Wedding for the MIL advice
I :heart: everyone's BM dresses
It's great to see all the different styles and colours
My BMs' are having their dresses made( by the best dressmaker IMO - My mum :lol: )
In the picture it's the green dress but for the wedidng i'm having a Turqoise blue
http://lincraft.cart.net.au/details/2250450.html
Has anyone booked/started looking at suits?
One of our GM who lives out of town is coming up in a few weeks, and I'm wondering if we should organise them now rather then trying to do it at the last minute because we don't know when he will be back again before the wedding?

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:19 am

missS- Love your pick for BM dresses. I saw in a wedding magazine and it looked great.
I think you should take out of town GM to get measured up. At the very least if you haven't pick the exact suit, you at least have all his measurments.

Snooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 pm

T85 - I'm going to be 100% biased and say the grape, that's what my bridesmaid dresses are in and the accents on my gown. For me, the colour in person just stood out among the others (except for teal - but that's a whole different colour and who other story!!). My only issue, was that I took heaps of photos in my dress and of my bridesmaid's in their dresses and I couldn't get the colour to come out in photos - it looked more burgandy. But that's something I'm sure a professional photographer would have no problem though!

Green wedding - I just love the second dress! One with a similar top was my first choice for my bridesmaids but they didn't like it so much.

Loulou - is that the colour they'll be in? It's so stunning and vibrant! They'll look fantastic!

Lou82 - love those shoes, I want a pair for myself! Lucky you could find a pair to match the dress so well!

I picked up mine and my bridesmaid's dresses on Saturday. They arrived about 3 months earlier than expected, but I couldn't be happier and at least I won't have to stress later on and I have plenty of time for alterationss - which there will be a bit of since I'm getting a lace up back put into my dress. I'm really getting into wedding mode now, been working on my invitations - managed to buy all my paper and envelopes for half price! Have spent the last couple of weekends folding paper which has actually been lots of fun for me!!

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Yep there that colour. I wanted them bright! Good for photos and my colour theme is that red, black & white..where did u get the stuff to do ur invite snooky? Tea i luv the first & the 3rd colour of ur BM dresses. The first would be a bolder contrast against the white but i like the second colour probably just as much.

nicolebaxter92
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Just wondering how many girls are making their own invitations etc? I was going to buy my stationary supplies at cracker in ruthven st but am wondering if anyone knows who has the cheapest?

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:59 pm

nicolebaxter92 wrote:
Just wondering how many girls are making their own invitations etc? I was going to buy my stationary supplies at cracker in ruthven st but am wondering if anyone knows who has the cheapest?

Definately not cracker!! I looked there and they were much more expensive than Lincraft for the same paper (at least $6 per 10 sheets). They do sell the paper individually though which is a bonus if you don't need much of a certain type.
I definately recommend Lincraft :D

I'm making my own invitations too, I'm loving that part! Does anyone have any invites they made that they would like to show off???

Snooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:51 pm

I live in Brisbane so I've been all over looking for paper here. Eckersley's were/are having sales on discontinued stock (Christina Re brand papers) and also another one that does plain bold coloured cardstock (not the type you can buy in newsagencies though). I also went to a newsagency - shopped around to find the cheapest price - about 65c for metalic paper was the best I found, and also officeworks. Officeworks had some beautiful metalic 80gsm single sided metalic papers (with a shimmery/textured pattern) for around $10 for a pack of 25 which is what I'm using to print the wording on - it will just be stuck to the other papers. They also had pretty good prices on their other metalic papers if you're happy to buy in bulk - but they didn't have the colours I was after, plus with the Eckersley's sale, I still got it cheaper. At Eckersley's, I didn't find the exact colour I wanted for the pocket/wrap part of my invitations and envelopes (making my own pocket-like invites) but for less than half the price per sheet, I wasn't complaining! I'm going back to the newsagency for paper for my placecards - plain teal paper for 35c a sheet which I can get 4 folded placecards out of... I'm definitely not complaining!! I'm using the cheap cardstock I got from Eckersley's (in fuscha) to break up the teal a little and to put a little thank-you on the inside.

nicolebaxter92
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks, I will definately go to lincraft and check out their paper.
Does anyone know if any Tmba shops sell essence dresses? I'm actually looking for a last season one though!

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 pm

No they dont Nicole well not that i found because i was looking for one, closest is Brisbane... which one r u gonna look at?

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm

I finally got my engagment ring yesterday! I :heart: :heart: it! So happy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I just want to say Angus and Coote Jewellers at Clifford Gardens are brilliant. The girls were so lovely.

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Looks great Tea, nice wedder too! :lol:

frazzeled81

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:53 am

Hi Girls - Gosh this place is really picking up.. been off work crook for a few days and have had to read pages of post to catch up :) looks like everyones plans are coming along nicely.

We had our suit fittings at Spurlings last night - and they were fantastic. Great with the blokes and the pageboys. We all walked out really happy! So that's one more thing struck off our list!

Claire, Nikkie and Tea-85 thanks for the feedback RE: Golden Roast. I have had alarm bells ringing when our function coordinator said the last few weddings they have done haven't been up to scratch, and that was confirmed when they did a friends wedding on Saturday. I just don 't wait to risk it... If you know what I mean :? So we have cancelled and have a great caterer who serves a fantastic menu in a sit down meal (rather than buffett) at a great price. Bit dearer but hey food is something you want your guests to enjoy!

Been a big week on the wedding front - we are all booked in for our Honeymoon in Thailand :D !! Yeah. So doing a few nights in Bangkok and just over a week in Phuket. I can't wait! So what is everyone else doing for their honeymoon!

I just saw my ticker - holy hell I have only 2 months!! Wowsers!!! 8O lol :D :heart:

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:08 am

I just got back recently from eight nights in Phucket and three in Bangkok. You'll have an awesome time. Where are you staying?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16