A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

love_story

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:53 pm

My fiance and i have only recently moved to Toowoomba from the Gold Coast for his job. We both really wanted to get married on the beach since we had both grown up by the ocean. I was wondering if anyone could tell me from experience how a sand ceremony looks and works and if they know of a place in town that could do this?? My fiance and i have decided to have a garden ceremony and have just a private wedding reception out at his familys place in highfields and i would really like any suggestions as to who to hire as entertainment??.. i guess it would be an average sized wedding with 100 - 120 guests but, i would really like an entertainer who can get everyone involved even the kids...Friends and collegues suggest Veetone as they did a friend of mines wedding in the past and i remember that they were really good..but, i would still like to keep my options open for ideas.

wiseone

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I believe that Muzic4u have a female D.J who is great at weddings. She also does heaps of school socials and loves working with the kids.
She even gets on on the dance floor with them!

She is also very conversant with games for the kids.

Kerryanne
Life's Too Short To Play Bad Music
Life's Too Short To Play Bad Music

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Guys, I was only using chair covers as an example of people's different priorities... sorry if I got anyone offside? My advice was just to save money by being very sure of where you want it to go, and maybe sacrificing things you don't find as important as others.

Mel0205
"Marriage of True Minds"
"Marriage of True Minds"

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Wow this place has really taken off!!

When I got married it was just two or three of us in here chatting to ourselves!

Anyway - I've put up my Tba & Bris recs if anyone is interested viewtopic.php?f=14&t=100834

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey Love-story when is ur wedding? What garden are you having your wedding at? Ours is at Brindabella its half way between highfields & Toowoomba. And its beautiful! Music 4u Buddah his AWSOME!! I think he trained the chick that there so either or i image would be great. Has any one else here delt with Wedding World for brides gowns? The Lady there said i have to order my dress by a certain date (next week) for it to be here in time and altered if necessary for my October wedding, but i dont do it till i get back from canberra which will be two weeks. A week surely wouldnt be all that much difference would it!?

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 am

missS wrote:
Do I really have to order my dress 6 months in advance?
I've started at the gym and only have 7 weeks till the 6 month mark
I don't really want to buy a dress that has to be altered and end up costing me more money but I don't want to be stuck with something I don't like! :?:

woombiegirl wrote:
Sounds like everyone is quite busy.
MissS, I hope there's no rule for dress shopping. It's only just over 6 months til our wedding and I won't be able to get to Toowoomba to even look at dresses until early May. Fingers crossed I'll find something to wear...I really have no other option. There's absolutely no point looking where I live.

Oooh, I am stressing for you girls, I was getting nervous about ordering my dress 7 months in advance!! (takes 4 months to come in and then alterations etc).

Miss S, it depends on whether you want to buy one off the rack or have it ordered in. They all say 4-5 months if its ordered in. It took me about a month of looking to find the perfect one, maybe I'm just fussy! :lol: and now having found it I know it will need a few alterations like bustle thingy and be taken in a bit.

Love story, I have heard Veetone are good, we will probably go with them. :D

missS

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Thanks Lou82
I'm starting to stress because I don't even know what I want!!! :cry:
I think I might start looking to find something I like, so I am prepared when the time comes
With alterations, Did the shop do/organise them for you or did you have to find someone yourself?

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Miss S, the shop I'm getting my dress from (Brisbane Bridal centre) has a list of names of people they recommend and there is an alterations shop right next door so I will probably use that.

That sounds like a good idea about starting to look, it will probably save a bit of stress :D Do you have any idea what style you like? Even if you want to lose a bit of weight it will probabaly be a similar style that suits you and maybe you could just order a smaller size, good luck!

love_story

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:07 pm

loulou - we are planning to get married in late november early december.. and the ceremony we are hoping to have out at a property in merritts creek. I brought my dress from stictly bridal at the gold coast.

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi girls....well im' feeling much much happier today. We just did some more bridesmaids shopping. I cannot believe how helpful the girls at Spurling and A Touch of Romance are! It was wonderful, more than happy to help us!

:)

It's nice to know that not everyone out there lacks product knowledge!

Now our biggest problem is deciding between all the beautiful dresses! :)

SeptemberBride09

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this too! I'm getting married in September in Warwick. I have my dress, but was wondering if people had recommendations for places to go for alterations in Toowoomba? And how far out before the wedding did you get your alternations done?

Thanks heaps!

missS

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks Lou82 :D
I more have an idea of what I dont want rather than what I want (if that makes sense?)
I don't really want anything that requires a hoop, I'm about 5ft1 so I kind of look like a marshmallow in anything to "puffy"

Green Wedding
Glad to hear you had a good day! :)

Hi September Bride
Welcome
What date is your wedding?

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi all,

Welcome all the newbies! This group is growing.

Green Wedding- Glad to hear you had a much beta shopping experience this time!!
MissS- I think I'm the oppisite to you I think I want the puffy princess big hoop skirt!! Its so not me as I'm rarly out of jeans but this wedding is really bringing out the girly girl in me!!

In our planning news... We met with Donna Mitchell Yesterday to look at her artwork and photos and I'm so pleased we booked her. I'm very excited she is doing our photos on our wedding day. We also booked Drayton Memorial Hall for our reception. I'm off to try on dresses next week!!!! Very excited can't wait. I'm taking mum and a close friend along and I think mum is a tad more excited then me!!

Hope everyones planning is going well
Tea xxx

SeptemberBride09

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi MissS,

The big day is planned for the 26th of September!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:15 pm

SeptemberBride09 wrote:
Hi MissS,

The big day in planned for the 26th of September!

Thats the day before my birthday!! :lol: :lol:

Where is warwick are you getting married??

I'd love to see a pic of your dress( i'm sure we all would!!) if you don't mind sharing? :)
Last edited by tea85 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Me too!! I wanna see dresses!!!!! I think everyone who has found there dress or a dress they are still deciding on should put theres on here :P :D . U've prob all seen mine but ill post ti agin anyway :D Im going to get fitted for mine in a a couple weeks! I love it but think maybe i havnt looked around enough cos it was only the 4th dress ive tried on and only the 2nd shop swo i might have a lil look at some others b4 i get measured and pay the deposit! Running out of time though.. Has anyone heard of Shane Dempsey from Cherished Moments...? his a brisbane based videographer.
Thanks Ladies!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Loulou I said it before but say it again I love your dress!!

I haven't heard of Shane Dempsey sorry. We are looking at Evolution Studios or Galaxy Sound Studios Both in Toowoomba. Both have packages under $1000. Waitng for them to send a sample dvd. FH found them on the net.

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:15 pm

We looked at evolution - well there sample dvd wasn't to wrapped with it same with sapphire products, havnt heard of galaxy ill have to check them out! Thanks lovely!

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:47 pm

That's my dress there. Came from A Touch of Romance. It weighs a tonne, but I like it.

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Its gorgous! What colour are you wearing it in? Have u already got it?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1