A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Wow!! Nikkie that dress is beautiful. :heart: :tick: :heart: :tick: :heart: :tick:

The_Future_Mrs_J
Mocha Madness
Mocha Madness

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:41 pm

*Loulou* wrote:
We looked at evolution - well there sample dvd wasn't to wrapped with it same with sapphire products, havnt heard of galaxy ill have to check them out! Thanks lovely!

Hey Loulou - we went through sapphire productions for our video and we love it. The highlights montage is in Show and Tell if you want to have a squizz. You might be looking for a different style though. And I LOVE your dress - its beautiful!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=100804

Nikkie- that dress is stunning! I love the skirt :heart: :heart:

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks girls! Yes I have it, it's living at my mum and dad's right now. I did get it in ivory (like the photo). I did think about getting it in a sort of antique pink, but thought it might be too OTT. :)

EDIT: You can't see it very well, but the thing on her hip isn't a brooch it's a big cluster of beading, with half a dozen ropes of Swarovski crystles dangling off it. :mrgreen: :heart:

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Loulou and Nikkie mind if I ask how much were your dresses??

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 pm

tea85 wrote:
Loulou and Nikkie mind if I ask how much were your dresses??

Nah, it's okay. The price tag is $3200. I got lucky, I won a voucher at an expo last year for A Touch of Romance. It was a $2000 voucher, so really we only shelled out $1200. Trust me, it was the only way I'd be wearing a $3200 wedding dress. The dress is worth more than my engagement ring! 8O

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:07 pm

$1500 for mine at wedding world . All there gowns are under $2000 & they have some really beautiful ones! :)

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:54 pm

oooh loulou, I :heart: your dress!

Nikkie your is gorgeous too!! I tried it on in a Touch of Romance too, its so beautiful. That's so great about the dress voucher!! :D

Here is a pic of mine, it is also in my show and tell, it's from the Brisbane Bridal Centre, the brand is MonCheri Bridal
on the model:

and on me! It's a size to big so it will cling a bit more like on the model when I get the right size :D
ImageImage

Come on girls, where are all the other dress photos??? We want to see :lol:

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Its beautiful Lou! I love the lace detail on it! And u look so happy in it too :)

woombiegirl

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Thats stunning Lou. Do you mind if I ask how much?? :heart:
I have a selection of 8 dresses I want to try on next time I'm in Twmba. I don't want to give myself too many choices or I'll never find a dress. So far, I have found the ladies at A Touch of Romance to be very helpful.

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:28 pm

We went and checked out Galaxy Sound too Tea..world of advise dont drive out there at night time, theres a lot of dirt road and we missed a turn going out! He was really nice but we just found Cherished Moments & Amazing Memories Video end result were better. They are both Brisbane based and charge no extra for travel to Toowoomba. Prob still worth a look though.

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm

woombiegirl wrote:
Thats stunning Lou. Do you mind if I ask how much?? :heart:

Not at all :lol: it was $1950

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 am

*Loulou* wrote:
We went and checked out Galaxy Sound too Tea..world of advise dont drive out there at night time, theres a lot of dirt road and we missed a turn going out! He was really nice but we just found Cherished Moments & Amazing Memories Video end result were better. They are both Brisbane based and charge no extra for travel to Toowoomba. Prob still worth a look though.

Thanks LouLou I will look into cherished moments and amazing memories.

Lou82- Your dress is beautiful. It looks great on you. I :heart: the detail. Stunning

melly03

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am

missS wrote:
Hi Melissa
Our date is the 24th October!
One of our friends Andrew is a photographer and does travel, his blog and website are http://andrewcoatesphotography.blogspot.com/
I'm having Stacey Bowe for makeup and she is lovely! Her email is bowe.stacey@yahoo.com.au
She also does discounts depending on how many people are having their makeup done on the day!
(Who doesn't love a discount) :lol:
For centrepieces, I was going to make my own also but to be honest once you buy everything it does end up a little expensive and after the wedding you'll have 10 vases with nowhere to go
We ended up going with Elegant Weddings by Florence and got some terrific centrepieces that I LOVE :heart: and our chair covers and sashes for just a little over our original budget (and she sets it all up for a small fee so you don't have to worry about it the day before) :)

Lou
I must admit I didn't really enjoy the Expo?!
I think I was a little dissapointed because there was not a single dress that I liked!
(And I had FH with me * BAD IDEA) :roll:

Hi MissS,

I was thinking of using Stacey for make up as well. I already use Napoleon makeup so I was excited that Stacey uses it as well. Are you just getting your makeup and your bridesmaid's makeup done by Stacey? She sent me a CD of examples she has done and I'm wondering if the kind of "young" look will suit my mum?! Bad as that sounds, I want my mum to look just as gorgeous but wondering if Mum should go elsewhere. Anyway, hope all the planning is going well!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:30 am

I'm booking my hair and make up today.

She sent me a written quote It includes - $180 for brides Hair trial, Wedding day hair, Wedding day make up, Special occasion nails.
$99ea For Bridesmaids and mother of the bride for Wedding day hiar and make up. (no trial)
$15-$35 For hair and light make up for each flower girl.
We can either get it done at the salon or pay $80 to have 2 girls to come to our hotel room or home.

Is this a good price or do I keep shopping around?? :? :?

melly03

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:39 am

tea85 wrote:

She sent me a written quote It includes - $180 for brides Hair trial, Wedding day hair, Wedding day make up, Special occasion nails.
$99ea For Bridesmaids and mother of the bride for Wedding day hiar and make up. (no trial)
We can either get it done at the salon or pay $80 to have 2 girls to come to our hotel room or home.

I tea85,

I think this is actually a good price. Who are you going with? If I go with Stacey for makeup it's $50 each (which actually includes a discount from $60) and then I'm getting my hair done by a friend who is a hairdresser and she is charging 50 for upstyles (so me and the bridesmaids) and 20 for blow dry styles (so my mum and mother-in-law). That doesn't include nails or anything and if I want a trial, I will have to pay for that separately.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter who you go with, they all charge around about the same price, it just all depends on what extras you want or how fancy you want it to be.

Good luck with it!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:45 am

melly03 wrote:
tea85 wrote:

I tea85,

I think this is actually a good price. Who are you going with? If I go with Stacey for makeup it's $50 each (which actually includes a discount from $60) and then I'm getting my hair done by a friend who is a hairdresser and she is charging 50 for upstyles (so me and the bridesmaids) and 20 for blow dry styles (so my mum and mother-in-law). That doesn't include nails or anything and if I want a trial, I will have to pay for that separately.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter who you go with, they all charge around about the same price, it just all depends on what extras you want or how fancy you want it to be.

Good luck with it!

This is thru dolls & guys hiar and beauty salon in Pittsworth.
They travel to Toowoomba tho thats why they charge $80 to go to your hotel or home.
Cindy is lovely our kids go to school together.
I think I may go with her. The prices seem resonable.

missS

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 am

Hi ladies :D
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Mine was not so great :(
My soon to be MIL doesn't seem to have any interest or excitment about the wedding, We've always gotten along but lately when FH and I talk about our plans it's obvious that she is not interested and she changes the subject!?!?!? 8O
On a happier note
Ladies, I Love your dresses! :heart:
Has anyone got Bridesmaids pics that we can look at?
Melly
I was thinking the same thing as my mum doesn't wear alot of makeup and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable, but Stacey asured me she will work with mum on what she likes so I'm confident that it will look nice and not to OTT

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:49 pm

We are looking at these dresses for bridesmaids (have yet to take the girls to try them on tho so will probably change!!)
We are looking at Claret, berry or grape for the colour not sure what colour sceme I want yet. Maybe you guys could let me know what colour you like??
I love all 3 colours.
To be honest I'm tempted to have one of each as i have 3 bridesmaids!!!!

jod1981

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Hey everyone. We are sin staying at my Dads at the moment in Ipswich and heading to Adelaide tomorrow for the Clipsal 500 (well DF and my dad are, the boys and I will just hang out in the city). Trying to get a few things done while we are in civilisation lol. Went to Brides By the Bay yesterday and it went really well. Lyn, the owner was sooooo helpful and down to earth. I was really dreading wedding dress shopping. Got one that i really like but it has a longer train on it than i was imagining i would have so not sure whether to keep looking or not??? But on a more positive note, I found the b/maid dress yesterday also at Brides by the bay! Brought DF's suit today, so another thing to cross off the list yay! The woman at Brides by the bay also gave me a 20% off voucher for Big girls dont cry in the Valley so i might try and get in there and get my bridal underwear while we are here too. Things are starting to come together, just minor things still to organise, although they seem to be the more time consuming things!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Jod- I'd keep looking if you aren't 100% sure. You have to love your dress.
Glad you had a good experience at Brides By the Bay. I'm headed there on Friday.
I love to see pics of your bridesmaid dresses.....
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31