A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sunshine01

Re: Sunshine Coast

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:59 pm

anyone got any recs for pic location in palmwoods and mools and inbetween??

any hens sunggestions on the coast... no fridays :P
thanks!

MajikM

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:12 pm

If you are still looking for a harp & string (in this case - guitar) duo try Kayt Wallace & Stephan Beattie - em: theflumes@gmail.com
Cheers

springbride10

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:52 pm

hi,
just looking at your pics makes me get butterflies! they are so beautiful! You can literally see the happiness and excitement and not to mention love in each picture!
Can i ask where you had the ceremony and receptions? i am also thinking of the sunshine coast as a venue but haven't found anywhere i love yet...other than 'the plantation' but alas this is WAY out of our budget...i have also looked up thousands of places through wedding websites and google but still can't find anything as nice.Any ideas?

your pics are gorgeous! If we go with the sunshine coast we will be sure to look up your photographer!
Congratulations!

springbride10

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:09 pm

my bad that last post was directed to craigsgirl. haha. stupid me didn't look where i was posting haha. :oops:

does anyone know of reception locations that are very formal and non-beachy; anywhere on the sunshine coast or surrounds. We are after somewhere opulent and very elegant and with gardens ect. I love the canopy of trees at Wirreanda Park, and absolutely fell in love with this place: http://www.theplantation.com.au/
But, if we have it there, its going to work out to be about 30 grand for a wedding of 40 people!!! 8O

i have googled every wedding place a that comes up in searches and still haven't found anything formal enough or somewhere that will let us have their main 'wedding' rooms with 45 people! Everywhere hears our numbers and only allows their smaller dodgy rooms suitable for conferences. (I'm thinking chandeliers and or a silk lined marquee where we can hire in everything) So options relating to parks where we can hold the reception or the like would also be greatly appreciated...

So far i have also extensively searched all of Sydney; hunter valley; gold coast (used to live here and booked a place but they shut down) and Brisbane. same story everywhere = 45 people is too small for the places we like and all the rest of the places are not what we are after... :x :cry:

thanks girls. ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :cry:

The DJ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:21 am

From my recollection, I feel you will struggle to find somewhere like that on the Sunshine Coast. The majority of smaller venues build upon the whole beach theme and they have a newer feel to them, rather than the more traditional elegant feel you seem to be after. Though I haven't really done any hinterland weddings on the Sunshine Coast, so maybe somewhere there will be appropriate.

My suggestions for Brisbane, would be some of the bigger hotels that can split their main rooms up, so you still get the details of the bigger rooms, but perhaps more suitable for 45 people. I know the Stamford Plaza has some very elegant smaller rooms on the same level as the ball room, and they still have balcony access overlooking the river.

Other venues that I believe have chandelier style lighting and rooms that can be made smaller are The Sofitel in the city and Royal Pines on the Gold Coast.

Topiaries at Samford is a homestead style venue, with nice gardens and it looks fantastic inside. They make an effort with the small things. I think they cater for about 100 people, so I'm not sure what the deal with them is in relation to 45 people, but it certainly wouldnt be as difficult as booking out a ballroom.

As far as marquees go, I heard that Victoria Park Golf Complex have either just built or redone a marquee, I don't know the size but it may be suitable as their main room is quite nice.

I know they are all Brisbane, but you said you were looking pretty much anywhere. Thats all I can think of at 1am, if I think of something that may be suitable I'll post it.

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:49 am

springbride10 wrote:
my bad that last post was directed to craigsgirl. haha. stupid me didn't look where i was posting haha. :oops:

lol, no worries! Our reception was at Maleny Manor and ceremony was St Mary's Anglican church in Montville. This place had recently opened for ceremonies though, it looks just beautiful http://www.littlewhiteweddingchurch.com.au/

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi,

Can I get some photography recommendations for Maleny. I chose a Bris based photographer, based on price more than anything and am now regretting my decision. I now want someone that has photographed in Maleny before now. Have contacted Calli B and Alison White is available but not Calli herself, so a little unsure. I know I am going to struggle to find somebody so late now...

Any recommendations???

belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:01 pm

sophieej wrote:
Hi,

Can I get some photography recommendations for Maleny. I chose a Bris based photographer, based on price more than anything and am now regretting my decision. I now want someone that has photographed in Maleny before now. Have contacted Calli B and Alison White is available but not Calli herself, so a little unsure. I know I am going to struggle to find somebody so late now...

Any recommendations???

Hi sophieej!

If your concern is that they won't know the Maleny "hot spots" I've had a similar problem because my sister in law is a wedding photographer so will be doing our piccies, but isn't based on the coast so doesn't know the Maleny hot-spots (which I understand are mostly on private land and you need to ask the owner's permission to get to them). We've just found out though that someone that works with my FH is actually from Maleny and knows exactly where most of the spots are (woohoo!!) So they are going to give us the locations/contact details etc - apparently the owners of the properties are happy for you to go on there so long as you let them know beforehand. If you end up not being able to find a Maleny/Sunshine Coast based photographer and go with your Brisbane person let me know as I'm more than happy to PM you the details of the spots - we're going up in a couple of weeks so I'll have them then! :D :D

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Springbride, Clovelly Estate at Maleny/Mapleton immediately came to mind for you. Have you looked at them? Very opulent, may be too expensive though.

Sorry, I'm a bit late replying, but I didn't notice this thread....

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks so much for your help belle! I actually found a photographer in the last 24 hours that is available. I am SO excited now. Belladesigns.com.au - its gorgeous and she is lovely and now I am SUPER excited :D

lilsue76

Mon May 17, 2010 10:06 am

HI There,

Just wondering if anyone has had their reception in a penthouse. If so where was it and how did you go about it.

Did you cater or get someone in? Or was it done by the venue.

Does anyone know of a good caterer on the coast that doesnt charge the earth

thanks

Mrs T to B

Sun May 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Hello ladies! I've been browsing through the forums for the last few months now so thought it was about time I posted something.
I'm not getting married until Oct 2011, but I'm trying to get some things organised as soon as possible. This is where I need your help!

Venue and celebrant are organised. Hair and make up 90% organised. Just wondering if you had any thoughts/opinions/feedback about these suppliers..

Photography: Calli B and Tara Lee
Videography: Velocity Images
Decorations: First Class Functions and Mask Events
DJ: DJ Jesswah, DJ Bevo, Unique DJ's and Moove It

Thanks in advance.

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 26, 2010 11:01 am

Desperately seeking help to plan a noosa wedding. I am from Rockhampton. But FH and I love Noosa, It is our favourite destination for holidays and it is where he proposed... So Noosa it is for the wedding location, but how on earth do i plan it. And where do i start...

belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi ladies!! We're getting married in Maleny and looking to organise an event with our guests who will still be around the day after our wedding. Does anyone have any ideas of where/what??? I was thinking a lunch or something similar, but am at a bit of a loss, particuarly as it might end up being a relatively large number of people (perhaps around 40) and I'm not particularly familiar with the area. Our wedding's on a Friday and the 'post-wedding function' would be on a Saturday.

Thanks so much in advance!

LR

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 pm

What sort of thing were you thinking Belle? I immediately thought of going to Mary Cairncross National Park for a quick walk (for those that want to) and a BBQ - they have quite a number of shelters I think. But it is outdoors so may be dependent on weather.

MsB

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Guys!
just to let you know there is a big wedding comp for the Sunny coast where you can win your Wedding photography! worth $2500!

Details here!
http://poeticimagesblog.com/2010/06/win ... tographer/

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:30 am

MsB wrote:
Hi Guys!
just to let you know there is a big wedding comp for the Sunny coast where you can win your Wedding photography! worth $2500!

Details here!
http://poeticimagesblog.com/2010/06/win ... tographer/

Thanks

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:09 am

Mrs T to B wrote:
Venue and celebrant are organised. Hair and make up 90% organised. Just wondering if you had any thoughts/opinions/feedback about these suppliers..

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mrs T to B, I have heard great things about Calli B and first class funstions. I remember one WC member using mask events a few years ago and she wasn't overly happy with them. Haven't heard of the videographer or DJ's sorry, but can highly recommend our DJ, Partysound, they were fantastic and are very highly recommended on this forum :D

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:50 am

craigs girl wrote:
Mrs T to B wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mrs T to B, I have heard great things about Calli B and first class funstions. I remember one WC member using mask events a few years ago and she wasn't overly happy with them. Haven't heard of the videographer or DJ's sorry, but can highly recommend our DJ, Partysound, they were fantastic and are very highly recommended on this forum :D

I am constantly stalking Calli B's blog. If she is available I would go with her - her work is amazing! I am so disappointed I didn't go with her as she was available when I initially enquired. oh well.

My DJ is PartySound as recommended by CraigsGirl but Rockin U Wild are the other DJ that seem to be also highly recommended.

belle79 wrote:
Hi ladies!! We're getting married in Maleny and looking to organise an event with our guests who will still be around the day after our wedding. Does anyone have any ideas of where/what??? I was thinking a lunch or something similar, but am at a bit of a loss, particuarly as it might end up being a relatively large number of people (perhaps around 40) and I'm not particularly familiar with the area. Our wedding's on a Friday and the 'post-wedding function' would be on a Saturday.

Thanks so much in advance!

Belle - I have also been thinking about this same sort of thing for our wedding and I was thinking the Mooloolaba surf club or some sort of pub where everyone can just buy their own meals and drinks and have a relaxed catch up. But I'm not very familiar with the area either. I like the bbq idea at the park as suggested, but then thought its probably too much hassle to organise food and drinks as you will be busy enough with everything else in the lead up to the wedding, as will your guests.

Mrs T to B

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks ladies for your advice. I actually booked Calli B last week, hooray! I can totally relate sophieej, my wedding is still another 16 months away and when she said she'll catch up with me closer to the date I said I'd still be stalking her blog in the meantime.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08