A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sunshine01

Re: Sunshine Coast

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:05 pm

wow some people are incredibly organised and now i see why (after the caos of that last week before i was knackered by the wedding day!!)... we got married last May at Clios in Palmwoods... the venue was absolutely perfect!! So i can highly highly suggest that, they made is absolutely stunning! And their prices are reasonable and we had so many comments on how great the food was.

We were running late, and family was late so i had to sit in the car for about 25mins waiting.. grrr should never have done that, but its done now!) so we couldnt get pics in the gardens of clios (which are beautiful too) afterwards as we didnt have time, but we headed to maleny for the pics, to "the tree" that everyone goes to... any good photographer should know where the good spots are. We used Andrea Sproxton, she was great.

oh and we are getting our trash the dress pics done next month at point cartwright!! yay!!

We used Partysound DJ, was great, but he played alot of michael jackson now that we watched the video... dont know why lol, he couldnt put the music up too load (one boo boo of clios due to noise limits), and he was trying to get people up all the time when it looked like a lil dull on the floor.

we got ready at mantra at mooloolaba, beautiful views.

Rolling scissors (Sandi) did my hair and Danielle from glamour makeup did my makeup, both did a great job, took a little longer than hoped to get it done, i personally think that they made the appointment for too late and should have made it earlier, but i took their advice for the time wise thing... so use ur own judgement not the professionals lol

All in all Autumn wedding was beautiful, the day was perfect, the ceremony was incredibly romantic, clios was gorgeous, our photographer took the most amazing pics, the sunny coast is the best place for a wedding!!
:)

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Good to hear PartySound were great as they are our DJ. And my Mum will love that he plays so much Michael Jackson - she wanted us to have a MJ impersonator as entertainment at our reception!

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Noosa for some of my guests to get their hair done for the wedding? Thanks.

Gemini_Girl
♥ il suo amore ♥
♥ il suo amore ♥

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 pm

I can recommend sandi from rolling scissors, she did my hair for the wedding. I forget how much she charges to travel though. Otherwise I usually get my hair done at Eumundi Beauty Salon, not too far from noosa and affordable.

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Yeah I'm actually using Sandi! Was just wanting a salon recommendation for guests staying in Noosa. But they've chosen somewhere now. Thanks :)

Gemini_Girl
♥ il suo amore ♥
♥ il suo amore ♥

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Thats ok! Sandi is great, she does a terrific job and her and her girls that help are so nice!

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 pm

I had my hair trial last week with her and it was great!

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Has anyone got any pics of hair done by Sandi? even hair trial pics would be great.

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah in my s&t there are trial and non-pro photos of hair by sandi. She is great.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Thanks Sophie! Your hair looks lovely!

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi Sunny Coast Brides!

Im getting married on Sept 17 next year in Flaxton
I'm super excited!

I need a hand...I am in Brisban and can't find any cake makers that seen affordable but make delicious cake
We are having as our dessert so it has to taste as well as look good :)

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Jessa, you're my venue twin :D

I haven't gotten my cake sorted yet but this place looks really great http://www.caronscakes.com/

I love how her flavours page mentions "fillings". They sound so yummy!
No idea about pricing though sorry

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 am

Hi Sidonie!
How exciting...I love the place :)
What is your date? I hope your before the 17th so you can give me some helping hand tips on how it goes!!

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 am

Ah mines in 2012 so I'll be relying on you for tips!!

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Reception suggestions Noosa, or surrounds.
Can anyone suggest anywhere?
We are heading to Noosa at the end of the month and was hoping to check out some likely venues.

Have looked at the prices for Tewantin Noosa golf club and they are very very affordable, has anyone been to a wedding there? Food all sounds very yummi...

jesskins
Mrs Hunny Bunny
Mrs Hunny Bunny

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:45 am

jessalovessammy wrote:
Hi Sunny Coast Brides!

Im getting married on Sept 17 next year in Flaxton
I'm super excited!

I need a hand...I am in Brisban and can't find any cake makers that seen affordable but make delicious cake
We are having as our dessert so it has to taste as well as look good :)

We got our cake through Ideas in Icing - theyre based in Caloundra. The cake was sooo good. Out of all the cake quotes we got, we found they were most reasonably priced for the amount of work that goes into the cakes. Though I still think all wedding cakes are a rip off :D

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 pm

I already booked with Eden cupcakes. Were going for 60 muffin sized cupcakes...an they taste INCREDIBLE someone else on here ha recommended them and I do too :) great value and no waste.
Last edited by jessalovessammy on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steph0709

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi all,

Newbie here :)

And in need of some help cause i really dont want a wedding planner :P

I am getting married 14th september 2012 and cant find a nice place to have the ceremony and reception ive been looking for days at places online and just cant find anywhere i like and that is a good price.

I want a beach wedding and i want the reception not far from the ceremony, i've been looking at Blue Angel restaurant for the reception but waiting to hear back about a few things, does anyone know somewhere beachy close to that restaurant, that i can have a ceremony and i would like it to be a fairly private place.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions on reception and ceremony places that would be great and if anyone has pics that would be great too :)

Would love some help if anyone can help me out thank you.

jesskins
Mrs Hunny Bunny
Mrs Hunny Bunny

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi Steph, we had our ceremony and reception at Ebb Waterfront restaurant at Maroochydore. It's a lovely venue, overlooks the Maroochy river and not too far from the beach if you were to have your ceremony elsewhere. I highly recommend it!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.64