A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

steph0709

Re: Sunshine Coast

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:41 am

jesskins -
Hey thanks for that checked it out it says beverages are on consumption we are after per person for so many hrs, do you know if they do that?

hezzc

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Steph0709- are you looking at restaurant style or hotel/resort style? Have you checked out Novotel Twin waters? I've just done the hunt around and ended up booking with them, so I'm a bit biased. But it has a beautiful lagoon for your ceremony and then with the beach next door for photos etc, and lots of reception options...

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 am

Hi All,

Has anyone got any feedback about the Noosa Waterfront Restaurant. I think this is where we are going to have our reception.

Ta, Kylie

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi ladies,

I am getting married on the Sunshine Coast this September and have a few recommendations from my experience so far:

Flaxton Gardens is so beautiful, we are having our wedding there, as well as our reception.
Eden Cupcakes: taste AMAZING and are also made from scratch from quality ingredients. I really appreciated Libby from Eden's sensible no-waste attitude, especially since I had some other quotes I simply couldn't justify spending. I love that we are getting gorgeous, delicious cakes that don't cost the earth!
Weddings with Kristy Ellis: Professional, young and happy to accommodate all our ideas! She was exactly what we were looking for :)
Mel at Flourish Design: So skilled and knew everything I needed to know about all the flowers I could think of! Also makes simply beautiful bouquets with plenty of pictures and time to plan the perfect look- again, reasonably priced and lovely to deal with :)

There will be more, but those are the ones that I saw this weekend, and we are simply thrilled with all of them!

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi I have also been speaking with Mel at Flourish. She is a gem!! Very informative, and helped me choose bouquets that are beautiful yet the most cost effective i have found!!!

Also girls, i am trying to find a ceremony location in Noosa/Noosaville that is wheelchair friendly and would suit a large amount of ppl. Can anyone make suggestions. As i do not live in the are and will not be back in Noosa/Noosaville for another couple of months i was hoping to get the ceremony stuff outta the way before things book out.

Can anyone help? :?

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Can anyone recommend a celebrant in the Sunshine Coast area?

Noosabride

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:20 pm

We are getting married at Noosa. Being from Brisbane I thought it would be easiest to just get a Wedding Coordinator. We have gone with First Class Functions. They are great, they set up the outdoor ceremony, decorate the tables and just make sure everything runs smoothly. They were also a great help with recommending reception venues, cake, celebrant etc etc.
We decided on Hastings St Beach for ceremony, Noosa Waterfront Restaurant for reception and Jacqueline Gray is our celebrant. We have booked in all the main things and now just starting to get the smaller details organised!
I am sooo excited! :lol:

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 24, 2011 12:47 pm

[quote="jessalovessammy"]Hi ladies,

Weddings with Kristy Ellis: Professional, young and happy to accommodate all our ideas! She was exactly what we were looking for :) What does she do exactly, is she a co-ordinator or decorator, or celebrant?

quote]

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Tue May 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Weddings with Kristy Ellis...I googled her, she's a celebrant. Nice website.

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Yep, she's our celebrant. Young and really professional, listened to all our ideas (some are a little out of the ordinary as I am part-Aboriginal part-spanish and have included some Aboriginal ceremonies in our day) and she was only more than happy to have them in there!

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Ok so we need music for the ceremony and the reception. But was shocked that some DJs charge $750 just for reception music. I had no idea that this would cost so much. Has anyone got any recs or suggestions on music, a band or DJ.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Ok so we need music for the ceremony and the reception. But was shocked that some DJs charge $750 just for reception music. I had no idea that this would cost so much. Has anyone got any recs or suggestions on music, a band or DJ.

what kind of band are you looking at? theres a lot of cool stuff out there. I'm using http://www.3totango.biz/

Lilp

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi! I am after a good wedding pgotographer that isn't too expensive but still has great quality...

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi Lilp, what price range are you looking at? What inclusions are must haves?

Lilp

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:46 am

I am not sure.. i have got my sister onto now. She is right into her photography. So she is going to do the ring around for pricing etc ...

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Lilp, not quite sure what you're budget is but I'd check out Alan Hughes Photography. He's still over the $1000 mark but that's for the full day, there's no 4 hour limit like a lot and he has a really unique style.

On another note, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any mobile manicure places on the sunshine coast? Was planning to have my nails done the night of the wedding, but not having any luck so far.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:25 pm

How much was your photographer? I'm looking for someone up there.

darkphoenix

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:17 pm

LittleMissBride, the photographer I booked was $1498, that's from getting ready to a mock first dance and cake cutting at the reception and he's not really fussy on times as he only books one wedding a weekend. His albums aren't badly priced either and he stays for the rest of the reception for free if you purchase an album. His work looks great and he takes a lot of not posed photos which is great.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:09 am

Could you give me your photographer's name & contact details darkphoenix?

darkphoenix

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:45 am

PM'd you his details :)

I just wanted to ask, has anyone else decided where they'll be having their location photos? There's some gorgeous places up here and I just can't decide!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06