Re: Sunshine Coast

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 pm

He looks fantastic! Thank you so much!

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Try Blink photography Rockhampton. He is based in Rocky but will travel as far as Brisbane. This is who im using.
http://www.blink-photography.com.au/

MissAleisha

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:44 pm

hi ladies. my partner and i are based in toowoomba and originally decided to have our wedding here as it would be more conveniate but i dont think the reception venues are really what i want...we are looking for a cute church to sit 80..possibly in the sunny coast hinterland maybe with view s of the coast or actually at the coast( we love the beach but havnt been there in ages due to work so dont know where to start).LOL... and a reception venue that does buffet style food service. we love old buildings like homesteads and qlders...i have been looking online at montville and maleny.. but things seem so expensive..any ideas?

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 pm

MissAleisha, I replied in my HOF about the chapel but thought I'd give you some more ideas here. Annabellas is the chapel I got married in, it was gorgeous and close enough to the beach and rainforest for photos. Up the hinterland there's The Little White Wedding Chapel, they're the only two I looked at.
Reception venues, there's Harrys on Buderim that's quite reasonably priced, its a nice old restaurant. Up the hinterland, there's flaxton gardens, Laurels, The Poets Cafe to name a few. There closer to $100 a head, if not more but the food and views are fantastic.

I'd probably start by buying a copy of Sunshine Coast Brides, you can buy it online if its not in the newsagents down there. Its a lot more then just venues but it might help to give you some ideas.

darkphoenix

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I did think of one more MissAleisha, Kenilworth Homestead. They have a chapel onsite and some massive halls. I feel in love with it but it was too country for DH. Not sure if it will be too country for you but thought I'd mention it anyway.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Clios in Palmwood is also really well priced

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Just saw this special on facebook and thought it might interest some people. Sounds like a good deal!

JANUARY FEBRUARY DATES 2013 $10 Per Person OFF Till SUNDAY*
*Expires 17 6 2012 $10 OFF current package prices for bookings made by this Sunday Only.WEDDING must be held in either January or February 2013.We have had a great response and we... have been asked to DO IT AGAIN!!! so here it is ...off the current package price you save $10 plus no advance 2013 booking fee of $5 making it $15 off per person for a limited time. Save $1200 on 80 guests♥
* Not available with any other special or offer as in the off peak special or in conduction with any voucher from Expos or past friends and relatives voucher.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/malenymanor
http://www.malenymanor.com.au/

sm_usagi
Neo Queen Serenity
Neo Queen Serenity

Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:15 am

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at Mayfield on Montville? It has a beautiful view (I had lunch their last Christmas) and was wondering if anyone had any experience there.

KiteKatKJ

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:48 am

darkphoenix wrote:
I did think of one more MissAleisha, Kenilworth Homestead. They have a chapel onsite and some massive halls. I feel in love with it but it was too country for DH. Not sure if it will be too country for you but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Kenilworth Homestead is such a lovely wedding location. I was going to get married there but booked out for the whole of next year http://www.dfphotographer.com.au/2012/0 ... -michelle/

thousand_words
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 pm

sidonie wrote:
Clios in Palmwood is also really well priced

It's closed now but still open in Rosemount :) I used to eye it off as I now live near it but FH back then was resitant to the idea because of traffic and trains. The Rosemount one is in a really quiet area and if it looks anything like the Palmwoods one did, it will be stunning! I would love to go there but FH got married there with exW.

We have decided we are going to apply for a permit to get married in the hinterland at a lookout. LOVE it up around Maleny area :)

PommieBear

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:32 am

Hi ladies,

We are looking at getting married in May / June next year in the Hinterland.....how cold does it get?? I've been told the ads are warm and glorious but come 5pm it's cold. However I'm worried that inside the venue will be cold as I've read Flaxtons offer blankets. I don't want people in blankets!!

Any advice would be great. Thanks :D

darkphoenix

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 pm

May will probably be a big nippy (guests might need a shawl/cardi), June will be a bit cold. I lived there for a couple years and come winter, we brought out doonas and eletric blankets and had reverse heating on. It was never freezing, freezing but you wouldn't go out in less then jeans and a jumper. If you have the wedding during the day it would be lovely and most venues in the hinterland either have a fireplace or reverse/central heating so you wouldn't have to worry too much about the cold.

MrsDtobe

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:51 pm

PommieBear- We get married in March at Weddings at Tiffany's in Maleny. There Chapel and Reception is all fully heated with a fireplace as well inside the reception. They also have the plastic cafe blinds to pull down on the deck so it can still be used. I'm sure most places would be the same. Can not reccommend Kelly at Tiffany's enough and the day hasn't even arrived yet. She is just lovely and extremely helpful!

Andie1983
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi ladies. Hoping some of you can help. My cousin is getting married in a few months up there and is looking for some recs for hair and makeup and photographers. Can anyone help?

MrsDtobe

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Andie- I used Toni Snell Photographer and Rebecca Calvert for hair and makeup. Both are from Brisbane (Toni didn't charge any extra for travel and Rebecca was worth the extra $50. Though, the fact it is only a few months away she may have trouble finding people. Good luck!!

Check out a sneak peak of our wedding here - http://www.tonisnellblog.com.au/?p=9803

Andie1983

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:10 pm

MrsDtobe wrote:
Andie- I used Toni Snell Photographer and Rebecca Calvert for hair and makeup. Both are from Brisbane (Toni didn't charge any extra for travel and Rebecca was worth the extra $50. Though, the fact it is only a few months away she may have trouble finding people. Good luck!!

Check out a sneak peak of our wedding here - http://www.tonisnellblog.com.au/?p=9803

Thanks. I used Toni when I got married and she was fantastic! I think she might be out of my cousins budget now though (not to mention probably already fully booked). I'll have a look at your hair and makeup rec - how much was she?

Yep, its a short engagement and they are getting married on a Sunday in September, so a lot of suppliers will be booked out being peak wedding season, but I'm sure she'll find someone - having it on a Sunday will hopefully help.

MrsDtobe

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:22 pm

$250 for my hair and makeup! Try Lani Carter photographer on the coast, she has a website and FB page you can check out.

MrsDtobe

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Just stumbled across this guy, packages starting from $695... Photos look great! http://www.alanhughesphotography.com/no ... dding-info

Andie1983

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:42 am

MrsDtobe wrote:
Just stumbled across this guy, packages starting from $695... Photos look great! http://www.alanhughesphotography.com/no ... dding-info

Thanks again! I've just tried to get on his webpage and it appears to be down :( So I cant have a proper look at pricing etc. Were you on recently? Hopefully its just a temporary thing.

I was able to check out his facebook page and the photos are beautiful! Whether they are her 'style' or not, I'm not sure, but I'll definitely send it on.

Thanks again for your help!

MrsDtobe

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:04 am

Last night it was working but it's down for me too now. He has a Facebook page, maybe try there?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22