Topic Author

Cairns

Sat May 19, 2007 4:21 pm

Here you go Cairns girls!

Katt
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

Sat May 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi everyone, I'm from the Cairns area. There are already a few girls on here that are getting married in Cairns and surrounding areas. I got married in Cairns at the Colonial Club last weekend :D . If anyone wants any help planning or finding out more about the area let me know. Also here are a few links of some wedding sites up here in the Far North.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/tropicalwe ... index.html
http://www.tropicalbrides.com.au/
http://www.spb.com.au/
http://www.cairnsweddings.com.au/
http://www.palmcoveweddings.com/

I hope these help :D

lols76
Turn up the music!
Turn up the music!

Thu May 24, 2007 10:59 am

hey katt!!! dont know you from somwhere :lol: (hmmm wouldnt be the palm cove thread would it lol)

i am sure that those links will help a lot of brides out!!! I am going through SPB and they are great so far!!! But I dont think i will have any problems with them! :D

Katt
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

Thu May 24, 2007 11:10 am

HE HE HE HE :D

JFo
It's the vintage Pignet!
It's the vintage Pignet!

Thu May 24, 2007 3:15 pm

I went to Cairns for a beach wedding at Palm Cove last weekend.

It was absolutely beautiful - the ceremony was held in front of the dark jagged rocks near the jetty, so the bride's white dress really stood out from the rocks, but matched the whitewash of the waves, if that makes sense.

The weather was perfect too - about 27C

lols76
Turn up the music!
Turn up the music!

Thu May 31, 2007 11:44 am

yeah it is beautiful up there... we are getting married in the chapel at Angsana Resort and Spa... you can have all of the folding doors open and the beach is literally like 5m from the chapel... so we will have a beautiful backdrop! :D

adrianbalaba

re

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:02 pm

It was beautiful and nice. Hope to see some of the views. Or even some of the pictures.

jaismummy

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi Girls

I live on the Cairns Northern Beaches and i just got engaged!
If anyone needs some help with ideas on where to get married, dont hesitate to ask.
We are actually getting married in Sydney and then coming back and having a post wedding celebration up here for our friends up in Cairns..The question is where do we have our second reception??
I was thinking of a few places, The Tanks Art Centre in the Botanical Gardens, Coolums on the Beach at Holloways Beach, Yorkeys Knob Yacht Club..however you cant exclusively hire it out, everyone will be able to see your function..
Anyone have ideas on where we can have a casual 2nd reception?

kiza
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:07 pm

located in cairns, getting married at st marys in port

jaismummy - Mondo's?? tides??

Jade De Cute
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Locals!!!!

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi ya guys!!! i finally found a local chat site!!! I’m Cairns girl but moved to the mines for the $$$$ and hooked up with my first ever..... the one who popped my cherry, as i have known him for 15 years....it is just ment to be! We have been lucky we got to live our lives as we were just teenagers at the time so we both now what we want!

Anyway enough about me! i am a 08/08/08 bride getting married and reception at the colonial club all is going well so far!

Looking forward to chatting with you all some more soon!

Jade

misscarlz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Jade!! Welcome!

If any of you would like to meet up for our WC meeting in October.. your welcome to come along.

Could you let me know if your interested though?

Thanks

Jade De Cute
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 am

Thanks misscarliz! what is the meeting in oct? i will be up for the races on the 7 the of sep i will be having my engagement party there as i have not got my engaguement ring yet, i propesed to my man( on the infield of the spedway track over the PA) and he then has designed the ring so i sould be getting it any day now!!!
well girls i think i have most of the wedding covered!
Cairns is such a great place as it has everything!
my brother in law got married in the 07 07 07 so we're following suite!
If any one has any past experience and pricing with any of these guys let me know! but so far they have proven to be very professional, and i'm one for customer service!!!!!!
flowers will be done by rain flowers $530
hair and make up by Melissa at Craig Roberts $ $650
Celebrant Wayne Reece $450 + $50 for marriage license
ceremony and reception for 70 ppl $5000
Photos rommi Segman $ 1200
Bride's maid's dresses by powerhouse $130 ea
My dress is being made $750
Cake ????? still getting quotes from rain flowers
His suit $250
wedding bands $ 600
invites $ 300
gifts for guests $665
Transport well my brothers have vintage mussell cars ..so not to worry there...I hope!lol

what do you girls think so far?

misscarlz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Sounds good!!!

Can I just ask though, $50 for marriage registration?? Is that the certificate? As ours only cost $25.50.

We had a lady by the name of Dalmae Meehan, but she turned up about 20 minutes late.. She did only charge $350 though.

Breesmum
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:27 pm

misscarlz, my fbil and his wife had delmae marry them also but she was ontime, or maybe she wasnt' and we just arrived late lol.

Jade De Cute
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

WOW

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:49 pm

LATE! OH MY !! THIS GUY MARRIED MY MUM AND stepdad AND HIS MOTHER MARRIED MY MUM AND DAD ( I DO HOPE THIS IS NOT A BAD THING!)WAYNE HAD DONE ACTING CLASSES AND AS I HAVE SEEN HIM IN ACTION I AM LOOKING forward TO IDEA OF BEING ABLE TO HEAR HIM IN THE GARDEN!

THANKS FOR THE FIGURE!!

misscarlz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:16 pm

It's quite funny I think. She said to us two days before on our rehearsal that she would be there at around 10 for our 10.30am ceremony. For some reason she thought it would be at 11am? so she turned up at 10.50! I was upstairs waiting and my friend rang to say she hadnt arrived yet and I thought oh great!! Anyway.. it was all ok. Something to remember the day by.

Jade, forgot to say before that I also had my flowers done by Tracey at Rainflowers and Wedding Bells florist. They were absolutely amazing and it was so nice to have them delievered on the day and they were so perfect! I loved them so much that I wanted to have them dried but nowhere in Cairns does it.

Jade De Cute
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:46 pm

THANKS MISSCARLZ, I THOUGHT ABOUT DRYING MY FLOWERS, BUT WE just HAVE NO ROOM FOR IT ANYWHERE! LOL

I HAVE A BUDGET OF $10,OOO I HOPE ALL GOES TO PLAN..I THINK I'M UP TO $12, BUT THAT IS WITH over estermatiing...I HOPE!

JustMarried07

Married in Cairns

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Hello Every1...

My name is Danielle and i just got married in Cairns... the 7th day of the 7th month in 2007!!!! (Cheesy I know - but at lease the other half will not forget it!!! :D)

I organised my wedding while I was in Brisbane for work...
I got onto a company that was mentioned on the front page of this forum -South Pacific Bridal... they were wonderful!

I Highly recommend these people! :lol:

They organised evrythg for me, celebrant - bouquet - photographer - cake... and they had one of their wedding coordinators there on the day - to make sure my guests were looked after.

***** - that's 5 stars :tick:

It was at the most beautiful Chapel on the beach - all the doors were open and it was breezy and cool -

And my photos are spectacular....

If any1 has any ??? I'd be :D to answer!

Jade De Cute
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:51 pm

i was wondering how much a planner would cost, but i have it all organised, but on the day i wonder who will make sure all is on track??

JustMarried07

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Hey there, :lol:

I think depending on what you want them to do and where you are getting married, they charge accordingly.

I got married at the Palm Cove Chapel and the the price for the Chapel and their services for the day was $1700.00. The coordinator there looked after my guests, played my music, etc.

I'm assuming without the Chapel charge it would be a lot less... :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38