A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lilo

Re: Cairns

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi girls!
I'm yet another bride to be having a wedding in Palm Cove - have only just started organising it so its been great to read about others experiences! Thinking of having it in october at Angsana Chapel but still undecided on reception venue - maybe angsana or sea temple. What do you think??

Panthus
Born To Be Bold
Born To Be Bold

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Deleted due to http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 07,00.html - Disgusting!!!!
Last edited by Panthus on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

futurebridezilla

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi Ladies

Well after enquiring more about Kuranda, it's looking to be more expensive and we're really really trying to keep the wedding to a strict budget so we've decided not to have it there. :( So now I'm looking into Palm Cove. Just wondering if anyone has used Palm Cove weddings at all? They have a ceremony package but just wondering what they're like.

Panthus
Born To Be Bold
Born To Be Bold

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:29 pm

They look like they have good deals although i have organised my own at Sea Temple Resort and Spa Palm Cove which worked out roughly the same price.

There are a few ladies in the palm cove thread i mentioned above who have or are using them off memory.

Panthus
Born To Be Bold
Born To Be Bold

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Deleted due to http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 07,00.html - Disgusting!!!!
Last edited by Panthus on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

futurebridezilla

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 am

Oh yeah thanks for that I didn't even think about it. I remember the beach at Mission was often quite windy. I also popped over to the other thread and posted there. Trying to read through it all now, might be here a while I think. :D

moranbahbride
Black Lung Bride
Black Lung Bride

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 am

futurebridezilla - if you read through the PC thread look for the thread BEFORE the one that we use now. There were a stack of girls on there that used them, but most of them are married now and are no longer online...

kylieboo

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi girls,

I am a born and bred Cairns girl currently living in Dubai. Moving here wasn't a part of my master plan (why would I want to leave paradise?!), however I met a handsome British fellow on a holiday there back in 2007 on my way to Turkey with my best friend. Sparks flew, he visited me in Cairns, and then I decided to pack my bags, quit my job, sell my car, rent out my flat and move over to Dubai to be with him! Things obviously turned out well as Ian proposed to me in December 2008! (right in front of the Burj -worlds tallest tower... how very romantic!)

We plan to save as much money as we can here in Dubai and move back to Cairns in a few years. As most of my family and friends are in Cairns, this is where we decided to get married (as his friends and family and our Dubai friends are dying for an excuse to visit Australia!)

We have set a date of 2nd October 2010. 2/10/2010 has a nice ring to it, and it is close to our anniversary. It seems so far away but it gives me extra time to plan a wedding from the other side of the world!

I am looking forward to hearing ideas and stories from other Cairns bride to be's as of course this is all a new experience and its hard to figure out where to start!

At this point am toying with the idea of a Palm Cove Wedding or a Port Douglas wedding, both my favourite places in FNQ. Has anyone any experiences with Angsana or Sebel Reef House in Palm Cove?

I look forward to any tips and recommendations! :heart:

Cheers

Kylie

moranbahbride
Black Lung Bride
Black Lung Bride

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 am

Kylie - move over to the Palm Cove thread in Elopment and Destination weddings.

We're a really friendly bunch over there - when we're actually online.
The girls will have heaps of advice for you.

kylieboo

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Thanks Moranbrahbride , will go and check it out!

K x

Breesmum
I survived and got married

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:09 am

Hey bumping this up.......are there any other Cairns girls around organising still?

MrsVtoBe

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:54 pm

yep i am!!
I don't get the chance to come on here that often now...

Here are my details so far:

Location (ceremony and reception) - Kangaventure, Kuranda
Celebrant - Karen Mcclaren

Dress - Sunnygirl - I've gone non traditional, wearing a plum strapless dress and I luff it!!
Suit - Lowes
Bridesmaids dresses - Sunnygirl - Emerald halter dresses
Groomsmen - Supplying their own.

Transport - I'm coming in on my horse and my FH is coming in via chopper
Flowers - Mareeba roses.

Rachel007

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:40 pm

anyone looking for cheap chair cover hire or decor

Breesmum

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

may do Rachel. just waiting to hear back from a few people.
What do u have? pm me if you want :)

Nic77
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:29 am

Hello Ladies,

I live in the Cairns area and I have about 30 wedding magazines from 2006-2007 that I want to give away, I just can't throw them in the bin, they are too lovely......

If any of you want them, please let me know and we can arrange for you to have them.

Have a good day.

Nicole

Dasiy

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm

hi guys

i am planing a wedding for Dec 2010. i am looking at the chapel that opens up to over look the water ( i forget the name)
any tips on where i can get suits for Little boys my boys will be 3yrs and 2yrs.
also does anyone know of a good cake maker that does cupcakes?

thanks guys
H

Breesmum

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:32 pm

welcome daisy.
are you local or planning your wedding from afar?
might be a good try to read the palm cove thread. There have been girls there that have been married at the Angsara. Are you going through South Pacific Bridal?
For the boys suits, I'd try Nth Qld Bridal. I've seen them in there but didn't look at prices. they dont have a website.
There is Muirheads suit hire but they are now known as spurling now http://www.spurling.com.au/ you can either buy or hire through them. but i think ebay would be your go.

Cakes i'm not too sure, you would prob be better off looking around the palm cove area. I know that Leanne from cakes by design is quite popular. Our reception centre is making our cake for us.

hope to have helped :)

Dasiy

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:01 am

hi breesmum

thanks for your help. I am a cairns local i will go have a look at the palm cove thread. I have emailed SPB and am just waiting for their reply with prices etc.
Thanks for the tips on where to look for suits. I cant wait to see the boys in them.Sooo Cute. although i think im going to have to wait until closer to the time to get them with the rate they are growing !

Thanks again
H

*chooky*

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:46 am

Hey everyone - we are getting married at Sea Temple at Palm Cove on 16 October 2009. Can't wait - and slowly getting organised (although we HAVE been engaged for 8 years! :oops:

any tips on where i can get suits for Little boys my boys will be 3yrs and 2yrs.
You could try BENFAM at Cairns Central - they are opposite Pumpkin Patch...

vivten

Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 pm

I had my cake done by mssymoosweets.com.au It was incredible, delicious and beautiful! Easy to arrange by email too.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14