A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

vivten

Re: Cairns

Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 pm

I got married at angsana and it was beautiful.. The only problem was the restaurant has tiers to it, so we couldt see the bottom tier of guests from our table. My brother got married at the reef house and it was also beautiful. My cupcakes were made by missy moo sweets (missymoosweets.com.au) They were very very good, beutiful and deliciious and great service. My make up was done by shae howlet and she was also great. Flowers were done by Rain flowers and they were very professional and good. Loved every minute of it!!

Nina-Jay

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Just for any Cairns/Palm Covers...

A new pattisserie has just openend up! Cocoa Amour on Grafton (opposite Rustys)

OMG their cakes are amazing. They only opened yesterday but have had a display for a while. Their pastry chef is very talented (and cute LOL)

If you haven't ordered your cake. Check them out!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going with them for sure.

Breesmum
I survived and got married

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:34 am

ala85 you could try the courthouses. I know that atherton courthouse does registry weddings.

yarnsie

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am getting married at Paradise Palms next July.
Has anyone been to a wedding there or getting married there?

yarnsie

Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 pm

I am after a hairdresser that can possibly come to the room at Paradise Palms.
Including mums etc I will have 9 people to get their hair done so I need a couple of workers.
Does anyone have any ideas??

Breesmum

Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 pm

i'd start scouring the yellow pages.
There are quite a few that would come out but given the amount of people that you have, it may be easier to have some of them go to the hairdressers and go and get their makeup done.

frogneek
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi guys,
we are getting married at Paradise Palms in november next year- it is just gorgeous there. :D

smithygal

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm

I am getting married at paradise plams as well this year in september. Everything is organised really, Just confirming some last little things. if any one else getting married at paradise palms needs some info etc let me no as i live in the area and local. :D

frogneek
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Hey smithygal, we are getting married there in november!! only thing i havenn't done now is hair/make-up & a DJ. apart from that- everything else is in order. what date are you getting married?

Ainz

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

we are in the process of organising our wedding at Paradise Palms, can I ask have either of you invited children and how much are they charging for them? Some of our cousins will be still young at our wedding, however i dont want to be forking out a fortune for kids to come.

Any other info you can share would be awesome!!!!

frogneek
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Ainz,
We have decided upon having children at our wedding at all. (apart from the flowergirl and pageboy- who will be watched by grandparents after the ceremony) i had never bothered asking prices on children, and now as we have found out in the last month or so- 6 couples that are invited will have infants under the age of 3 months!!!! :roll:
so it should be very interesting-(hopefully not noisy) :D
remember it is YOUR wedding day, and people may not like the idea of it!!
i had to deal with it- as well as alot of other people may have too, cranky rellies etc.
We want to remember our wedding for us.....not for the million 4 year olds getting around running a muck!!!

cairnsgirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Hi there

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi there Girls
I hope you are all well. :) We are having a clean out before moving into our new house (talk about a busy 14months, planning wedding, getting married, honeymoon and now house... I think I need another holiday...lol)
I have 3 dresses for sale (2 are from my sisters wedding in Tolga and 1 is from mine here in Cairns)

First one is a medieval white dress with full satin skirt. (Worn as a wedding dress)
Second is a Cadbury chocolate purple medieval dress (worn as the bridesmaid) with full satin skirt. Both dresses were bought from Karma House at Earlville shopping centre. Worn once and in very good condition, Dress sizes are 8-10, can be extended because of lace ribbons on the bodice. $150 each.

I also have my wedding dress for sale. Size 8-10 Australian (Size 6 European). Beautiful Chiffon dress, Ivory in colour, wonderful beading on the bodice and down the left side of dress, medium train. Bought from Irene Costa’s Bridal. Very good quality. Selling below half price $550. Very happy memories, and very happy for someone to love the dress as much as I did.

Please message me if you would like photographs or more information.

All the very best for planning your special day. If you have any questions about companies etc we used please don't hesitate to contact me.
xoxoxo

ShellBell

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi cairns girl.
About to book entertainment - either dj or small band or someone who does both. Any recommendations or people to avoid?? Please feel free to pm me. Thank you - any info would be great! :)

frogneek
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 am

Hey ShellBell,
I have heard that Millenium is really good!
We have Booked through MEA Entertainment. :D
they are pretty reasonable.

natalieml

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 am

Hi All! I'm getting married in Port Douglas in October and I was wondering if any of you could help me. I live in SA so don't know much about Port Douglas shops etc so could really do with some help. It's only going to be a small wedding of about 30 people so i don't want to spend LOADS on a cake. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy 2 iced round cakes in different sizes in the Port Douglas area as then I can put one on top of the other, wrap a ribbon round them and stick some fake flowers on top for a MUCH cheaper wedding cake. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!

If anyone could tell me how to insert an image into this message then i'll show you what I'm aiming it to look like.

Thanks!

Breesmum

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:16 pm

there is pastry sensations in cairns that i'm using.
http://www.pastrysensations.com.au

they do have wedding pricing but your better off contacting them. We are getting a 2tier white choc shard cake for $195. They have smaller ones or you could get a croquembouche cake.

to upload pictures you can either attach a file from your computer or you can put the photo onto photobucket and insert the image code on here.

greentea

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
Im new to the forum, as well as cairns!
Im looking at having our ceremony and reception at Cedar Park Rainforest Resort up at Kuranda and was wondering if anyone has had a wedding or been to a wedding there?
Im finding the hunt for a venue to be the most difficult thing so far as Ive got a vision in my head that nothing is living up to (think im in the first stages of bridezilla-dom :oops: ) ..
Ideally I would love to have my reception under a marquee in the middle of a garden but havent seen anywhere like that, does anyone know of any places that would be able to accomodate this?
Thanks for your help!
Morgan

kpeachy36

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:44 pm

greentea wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Im new to the forum, as well as cairns!
Im looking at having our ceremony and reception at Cedar Park Rainforest Resort up at Kuranda and was wondering if anyone has had a wedding or been to a wedding there?
Im finding the hunt for a venue to be the most difficult thing so far as Ive got a vision in my head that nothing is living up to (think im in the first stages of bridezilla-dom :oops: ) ..
Ideally I would love to have my reception under a marquee in the middle of a garden but havent seen anywhere like that, does anyone know of any places that would be able to accomodate this?
Thanks for your help!
Morgan

Have you also considered Kuranda resort & spa, mungali falls (wonderful place), centenary park, or even a nursery there are some nice ones around that would be happy to hold a ceromony.
oh and in tarzali eden house gardens all these places are on the net google them

sashmanash

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi everyone! This thread seems a bit quiet but I thought I'd pose the question - has anyone been married at Whitfield House? If so, which caterers did you use - Ochre or Reef?

Reef seem a little more expensive and quite slow to get back.

Loki~

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:46 pm

sashmanash, we are looking at Whitfield House as well and Reef were portrayed as the only caterers the WH owners would allow to cater on site (although that was just a strong impression rather than a stated policy) - do you know different?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.51