is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Yay we made part 2!!!!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:28 pm

yehaaaa sweet new thread.. i have sent those photos to my dress maker so i will see what she has to say.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Woohoo for Part2!! LilLeanne - I got my hoop today!! Its so perfect! I did get it from an Australian seller though. Its 3 hoop with 2 layer stiff tulle... Yep I can't get through the doorways with it on! I was at work when it arrived and I told FH to open it. It packed up really small and so he didn't think it was going to be the hoop. was more than shocked and now concerned, apparently soon as he got it out of the bag it filled the study.

I got a quote for 2 tulip bouquets and 3 buttonholes today - $440! I was expecting it to be around that but once I added it all up it kinda hit... a little expensive but ill manage to justify it somehow. :P That was my first quote and it was from Northside Flower Markets. Anyone think that there is any florist that would do them cheaper? Ill shop around a little first I think.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:40 pm

Woohoo page 2!!!!

Frenzal, have you tried the Rocklea flower markets? I don't know of florists on the Northside, cause i"m from the southside... but you could give them a try... they have a website. (sorry, can't remember what it is)

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Frenzal, Brisbane Flower Markets at Rocklea is here.

There's also a wholesale flower market at Stafford if you're a Northside girl.

Woot, part 2!

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:18 pm

Ive been to the Rocklea ones a few times but I didn't know they did bouquets also! Its the stafford one that I got the quote from.

The ceremony isn't until 3pm so its not an issue to get dad or my sisters to go to south side to pick up flowers or anything.

The other day we went out near Redcliffe (first time ive ever been there!) and there is heaps of flower market farms out there that seem to sell to the public also. Has anyone ever gotten flowers from them? Im just guessing that they will be cheaper to buy bunches of flowers from. I will do my own table centrepeices but not bouquets.

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:00 pm

with the flower markets - are there particular people that do up bouqets, corsages etc that we could speak to? or is it mainly if we want to diy?

rooftopbalcony
Arty Bee
Arty Bee

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:01 pm

well, I don't have anything to say yet in part 2, but I'd better post in here to keep track of the thread :p

....er...such a sharp change in the weather, hey?

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:07 pm

oh something funny happened with my signature - just testing out to see if it works properly now...

We are shopping for photographer again, we had decided on toni snell after we met up with her the other week but as I have had no luck getting on to her and no returned messages or emails (over a two week period) we decided to give up and look elsewhere. Me meet with Nick Murray on monday night - and got on like a house on fire and love his work as well but he is stretching the budget a little... we are meeting up with Infinity studios and ST photography next tuesday and will make a decision out of these three.

Ive heard lots about infinity - anyone heard/ recommend nick murray or st photography?

rooftopbalcony
Arty Bee
Arty Bee

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 pm

no I haven't.... Toni Snell really is the most popular one that I've seen on here. I couldn't get her because she was on holidays for htis huge period of time around my wedding. Since my wedding is only in a month (!?!?!?!?!!!!!!) maybe that includes right now?
She had an availability calendar on her website.

Good luck finding someone :) she does sound pretty good but if it doesn't work out, she's certainly not the only great photographer out there

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:42 pm

Toni Snell really is the most popular one that I've seen on here. I couldn't get her because she was on holidays for htis huge period of time around my wedding. Since my wedding is only in a month (!?!?!?!?!!!!!!) maybe that includes right now?
She had an availability calendar on her website

no she is around at the moment, she has been updating her blog. I say she would just be really busy as its that time of year however fh has put his foot down despite her lovely work. He feels that it just isnt good enough that we cant get on to her/ return our calls when plently of other photographers can. I do agree with him to an extent, but I love her work so much... damn fh wanting to be involved in planning the wedding!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:04 am

We had the same problem Shirls. We were all ready to book her and pay deposit, but couldn't get hold of her over a 2 wk period after attempting to contact her numerous times, so we looked elsewhere and found someone else.

We met with STPhotography. His pics were great, his personality was different... we didn't like him at all. Just didn't "feel" right to us as all.

We ended up going with Lorinda from http://www.incitephotographics.com.au Lucheiah is using her too. Her prices are fantastic and she's awesome and lovely to deal with.

About the bouquets Shirls, there is a business out there who make the bouquets etc for you, you'll need to contact them, I think it's the website that someone posted on page 1.

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:30 am

Ive booked Toni Snell ages ago... had no problems with email replys or phone calls. Try calling her in the evening like 7pm. Or sending a sms message saying your ready to book and really need her to call you.

I dont think she realises how popular she is and is swamped with so much work :)

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 am

I'll second recommending Lorinda, as BM said she's brilliant and very well priced. I'm meeting her on Sunday to discuss what kinds of photos we'd like and to work out a timetable.

Congrats on reaching the 1 month point, RTB!!

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:57 am

Shirls84 wrote:
with the flower markets - are there particular people that do up bouqets, corsages etc that we could speak to? or is it mainly if we want to diy?

Yep the websites from page one has the contact details. If you send them or an email or give them a call they can quote how much doing up the bouqets you want will be etc... As they are the only people ive contacted so far I don't know if they are any cheaper. You would think so as the cost of their flowers would be.

Hmmm Im trying to get a hold of Toni Snell also to book. I sent her an email after she visit (the same day) and haven't heard back... thats almost 2 weeks ago. She did the same with meeting up, just really busy. I love her work, her price is right and she seems to deliever so as long as she doesn't book my date out I don't care. She's so popular now and probably should look into getting someone to take care of the admin side of things.

rooftopbalcony
Arty Bee
Arty Bee

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:34 am

lucheiah wrote:

Congrats on reaching the 1 month point, RTB!!

Thanks, but I'm freaking out somewhat! I had a dream last night that all of a sudden, there was 8 days left until my wedding and everything was exactly how it is now. Then when I woke up and realised it was a dream, I also realised that it wasn't that far off the truth!

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:19 am

Oh god, I hate that feeling. I've been staving off the wedding freak-out by virtue of having exam freak-outs instead. Once exams are over (roll on, Saturday!!) I'll start having wedding freak-outs, to be sure!

katenmike
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:45 am

I haven't had too much problem contacting Toni Snell. We are meeting her on the 29th of this month. It did take her a couple of days to respond to each of my emails, but she appologised for this saying that she was just so busy at the moment. Apparently sms is a very good way to contact her and get her to call you back.
I can't wait to meet her!!!! I am sure that she's the one we want!

princessbridzilla
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:53 am

I booked toni snell ages ago and really didn't have to much trouble getting hold of her but as I said that was ages ago. Infinity studios are actually really good I had a lot of trouble deciding between them and toni. Ben from Infinity is really friendly and fh fell inlove with him straight away. The only reason we chose toni in the end was because I fell in love with her first and had planned on using her for so long but honeslty ben is very good. AB used him

here a link to her photos
viewtopic.php?t=76845
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18