A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Andie1983
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am

princessbridzilla wrote:
I booked toni snell ages ago and really didn't have to much trouble getting hold of her but as I said that was ages ago.

Funny - I booked with Toni also and around the exact same time as Kel and wasnt having much luck emailing (twice) and calling (once), but it did take a few emails before I realised that SMS was the best way to get her to call me back.

As for the Rocklea Flower Markets - I emailed them about 2 months ago - STILL no reply. NOT happy Jan!!

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:23 am

Woops I didnt realise we had a new Brissy thread. That might be why things have been so quiet in my inbox for a couple of days!

Missed you all ladies! Hope all is going well.

FH and I are booked to go and see The Sanctuary Venue at Forest Glen (the old forest Glen deer sanctuary - now a wedding venue). And we are also looking at House of Laurels at Maleny. Cant wait.

Mel0205
"Marriage of True Minds"
"Marriage of True Minds"

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:44 am

princessbridzilla wrote:
. Infinity studios are actually really good I had a lot of trouble deciding between them and toni.

Same here. We went with Toni in the end because her ultimate package was a better deal and she didn't charge anything to travel. It was a tough choice though. Ben was really quick on the emails too!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:01 am

i can highly recommend infinty studios, we met with him and he is the lovelyst guy and his work is amazing.. wait till you see his books!!!! oh and youget the added benefit of his wife takeing candid shots at the wedding, so you have two photographers....

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:03 am

oh and we were talkign in bed last night and were discussing running away and eloping 8O its was proviong to be such a great idea... im still kinda likign the idea heaps.. all that money we woudl save... oh but the only thing holding us back from doing it, is family..ggrr they are all so excited about comign to our wedding...

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:25 am

I just rang to make an appt to view the venue and everything has changed. The date I had in mind is not available and we have to move the wedding forward by 8weeks to get the venue I want. Panic is setting in!!!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:49 am

Roberta: your wedding date? when was it again?

KC: how much money would you stand to lose if you cancelled everything and eloped?

Loz... good luck for looking at your venues.... Forest Glen was gorgeous when it was a deer sanctuary - that big dining room made out of bare timber... is that the function room?

With Lorinda, we get the 2nd photographer taking candids as well... her hubby is also a photographer and comes with her to shoot the candids while Lorinda is doing the formals.

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:55 am

We were planning for October 4 but venue not available then. Could choose between August 2 or November 8. FH says November too long to wait, so August it is.

princessbridzilla
I survived and got married

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:58 am

What venue are you looking at?

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:00 pm

Looking at Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments. They do great packages and have a garden area for the ceremony too.Wedding night accommodation is also included and they are close to home.
I have altered my ticker but not sure if it is working properly now.

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 pm

I must be blind - i didnt see the link on page 1 - thanks for that will have to send them an email then

As for toni - have sent her sms' as well, so who knows - im trying not to think about it lol fh says I have to move on. I too believe she doesnt really get how popular she is and needs someone to help her out a bit admin wise.

kiwicolz - i understand how you feel about eloping we would love too but family is the reason it will not happen. I also wanted to get married at our engagement party (in two weeks) but fh um and ah over it a bit so thats not happening either. It would just be much less hassle trying to please family.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:11 pm

I sent Rocklea Flower Markets an email last night and recieved one back this afternoon. They are cheaper than northside.... for 1 bouqet at northside gives me 2 bouqets and 3 buttonholes at Rocklea! So im going to go and visit them I am thinking. :)

Roberta - You may get a lot of discounts for having your wedding in August also. I have recieved alot of offers for winter weddings from DJs and photographers. We are meeting with Mt Ommaney on monday to go through our plans as I am going to be working interstate until March in 2wks time and want to know what I can and cant do. And just think, August 2nd you won't be sweating heaps yet, can get discounts, less waiting to get married as its earlier than October AND less competition for products and services! :D

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:22 pm

Thanks Frenzal. I didn't even think of that, just went into major panic about having 8 weeks less to get organized in.(and pay for it).I could still have the upstairs room for my original date, but ceremony times didn't suit, and I think the downstairs room is more intimate.

Nixta
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi everyone I just tend to be a bit of a lurker for this thread, keeping my eye on what the girls in the big smoke are doing :lol: :lol: Some of you mentioned Toni Snell and I agree with you she is very hard to get a hold of. But I also fell in love with her work and so Ive just decided to be very proactive in contacting her. Ive found she doesnt reply to emails very quickly, its like she doesnt check them on a regular basis cos sometimes I'll get a reply in a couple of days and sometimes it takes over a week. The best response I got from her was when I sms'd her at night, she replied within a minute or two. Guess we just have to remember that she is very very popular and busy, plus she is married herself with a young child.

kristen_86
Princess Kristen
Princess Kristen

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi guys, I noticed some of you are having trouble getting a hold of Toni Snell, our photographer Ben from Infinity Studios takes very similar photos to Toni and is very easy to contact (he usually replies to my emails the same day).

His site is http://www.infinitystudios.com.au, so worth a look ;)

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:28 pm

My flowers are nearly done girls!!!! just have to put the ribbons on the stems.... check out my "My Stuff" thread - link in sig!

princessbridzilla

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Nixta wrote:
plus she is married herself with a young child.

Not that this really matters but she isn't married and I am almost positive she doesn't have a child.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 pm

No, she never mentioned anything about hubby or kids when we met with her.

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 pm

Your flowers look great Missy. I wish I was as 'crafty' as you.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:26 pm

roberta2000 wrote:
Thanks Frenzal. I didn't even think of that, just went into major panic about having 8 weeks less to get organized in.(and pay for it).I could still have the upstairs room for my original date, but ceremony times didn't suit, and I think the downstairs room is more intimate.

I agree, I didn't like the upstairs room much at all, downstairs is just more intimate and has a better setting with the bar and outdoor area. :) In August, the second ceremony is at 3pm instead of 4pm though don't forget (although they won't mind if you wanted 4pm im sure) Just that sunset is much earlier so you want an earlier ceremony for location photos (I wanted ones in the city but coz of sunset and time issues I can't now :cry: ).

I wouldn't worry about not having anything organised if I was you - im going to run out of stuff to organise soon at this rate! As for less time to save - get as many discounts as possible for having a winter wedding... try and get some out of Mt Ommaney also. They have extended our alcohol package to 5hrs but that is all... Its always worth a try though.
GZIP: On