A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:20 pm

BM - we would stand to loose $1300 which isnt to much i guess, but we have decided that after talkign to his mates in NSW they are all really saving hard and lookign forward to the wedding, so its still goign a head as planned. so have to keep saving.. i was really kind deep down hoping to run away and elope and save thousands lol.. but on the other hand it sgoign to be great having all my family around..oh and his lol

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:41 pm

LOL... I think all brides go through a "lets run off and elope" moment!

I'm feeling a lot better now about our wedding.... I was starting to freak about the money side of things, especially since we've gotta fork out $400 in the next 2 weeks for the girls dancing concert/costumes/dvd/pro photos/ rehearsals etc... and then Christmas! but with me now working, it's going to be so much better!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:39 am

i know... it just gets to a point where its like.. why bother.. its like 8 hours, we could use that money for a house deposit or something.. we are not going to do much of a xmas this year.. i just have to concentrate on saving.. and my daughter moves over from NZ on teh first of Jan so i have to get her all set up in schools.. there goes heaps more money..lol

lol i just wish 10,000 would fall into my lap...

Julz_m

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:56 am

Welcome ezzsemail!

Sorry I'm not much help trying to organise a Brisbane wdding from interstate.

I highly rely on this forum.

Marlz wrote this and I'll definitely be checking them out when I'm up there in the next couple of months.

[quote="MarlZ"]FH and I went into trade secret yesterday(my first time n i luv it) and saw really nice black pin stripe suits(they have plain black 2).
He ended up trying one on that is nearly the same as one we were gonna hire for $145 and it looked awesome!
We ended up buying it coz it was soo nice and best of all,we saved ourselves money coz it only cost $80.
Yes, that's right-- $80!!! :D
We are so stoked with it.I thought i would share with you girls just incase you haven't got suits yet and wanna save some cash.
They are really good quality and i'll post a pic soon.[/quote]

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Hiya Ez... we're getting our suits from GM Formal Hire and they're costing $145 each for Ankle length Matrix style jackets. They do normal Black suits with white shirt and tie from $95

Are you just after decorations for the ceremony? or for both?

Angel Arches are fairly well priced
http://www.angelarches.com.au/ceremony.htm

An Arty Atmosphere - not sure on their prices though:
http://www.anartyatmosphere.com.au/

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else. I'm in Brisbane and should be able to help you out a bit.

Nixta
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:58 pm

BrideMissy wrote:
No, she never mentioned anything about hubby or kids when we met with her.

Sorry bout that I had seen the pictures on her blog of a baby and I must have assumed it was hers. I only just had another look and realised its her friends baby :oops: :oops:

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:57 pm

LOL that's ok!

Well I'm off to Toowoomba tomorrow to spend the day with my BM and my MOH! First time I've done "wedding" stuff with my MOH lol. We're going to try to find them BM dresses! woohoo! I just want floor length black dresses - don't care if they're different or not. Just so long as their cheap, they fit them nice and they are happy (they're paying) shouldn't be too hard to find .... should they?

I'll try to post some pics if we find anything! (if we're allowed to take them that is :roll: )

And it will probably be the last time me, MOH and BM will be together before the wedding! 8O omg LOL... that means it's not long to go!!! (well another 7+mths but we all lead really busy lives lol)

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:49 am

Look around at school formal shops - floor length black is fairly popular this year, apparently. That's where my sister got her BM dress.

Another option, if you're feeling adventurous, is goth shops. You can get some really nice floor length black gowns there.

M-J
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:18 am

Hi

I am getting married on the northside of Brisbane at Clear Mountain. I have been on the forum but haven't posted in the Brisbane thread. I thought now was the perfect time since a new section has started and I don't have too many pages to catch up on.

Frenzal - If you are still looking for a florist I would reccomend Geebung Florist. Karla is really helpful and can pull pictures out of just about anything you explain. Her work is beautiful and she has plenty of albums to look at.

Mine are costing $619 for:
1 brides posie (30 roses size) with roses,orchids and berries
3 BM 20 rose posies
2 FG 8 rose posies
1 Grooms button holes
6 other buttonholes
3 corsages
10 roses for tables
1 half shopping bag of rose petals in pinks.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 pm

^^

That seems like a really really good price! I will check out rocklea as what they quoted im really happy with. Than Geebung florist will be my second port of call. :D

Im thinking that maybe Tulips are also alot more expensive than say roses, apparently they have to glue the tulips shut also. I did mention to FH that maybe I should just go with roses but he said no seeming as I was set on tulips. :D

kristen_86
Princess Kristen
Princess Kristen

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm going to check out rocklea too, they quoted me a pretty good price.

Does anyone know how far they deliver?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:10 pm

Hey girls, got our BM dresses!!!! woohoo! well we don't actually have them... but the girls did pick ones that they both love... which is a feat in itself because both of them NEVER wear dresses! And what was better was that they were the very first and only dresses they tried on!!!!

Designer: Alfred Angelo
Colour: black
Style: Bodice with row of sequins, crystals and beads about an inch wide at the top with full length satin skirt
Price: $250 or $147 + postage if I buy from the US

Here's a pic of the bodice (it's in blue because it shows up the detail better!)

And the skirt:

Here's hoping that the female bestman also loves them! Actually, stiff if she doesn't, she can just pick a different bodice, they all have the same beading etc.

Now.... after seeing my BMs holding their bouquets... I've decided that they need to be a lil bigger... they just look too "small"..... maybe they need to be looser with a lil more foliage etc in them.... luckily they're not finished with ribbons etc and I can have a play to see if I can get them "better" for them.

Oh and can I just say that the lady at Wedding World in Toowoomba is a real nasty piece of work!!! She's about 70yo and a real horrible person to deal with! Very pushy and told us that we only had 30 minutes to try things on!!!! FFS - for 3 girls! I was going to try a couple of dresses on to show my MOH (who hasn't seen me in any wedding dresses) to show her the styles that I like.... But I didn't end up doing it after that. Oh and my MOH told her off LOL.... the old biddy wanted to come into the dressing room and MOH is VERY self conscious about her body.... and she flat out told her "I can get dressed by myself, you are NOT coming into the dressing room with me and if you insist then I will not be trying the dress on!" the old biddy agreed to let her put it on, but she would come in to zip her up LOL

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Love the BM dresses BrideMissy! They are really well priced also! I found that shipping dresses from US can be between $70 and $100 so it may be cheaper for you to buy here even. I think that my MOH is going to end up with an Alfred Angelo dress also, its half the price getting it from the US compared to buying it here even with shipping though. It was teh first dress she tried on and the only one that has looked any good so far. Its been a nightmare finding a dress for her.

Wow some shop assistants have no idea do they. Maybe its just in regional areas as I tried a dress on in Bundaberg and they where soooo bad! I think its because they think they have no competition.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:53 pm

That's exactly what I thought too Frenzal..... she thinks she's the only "wedding" store in town, so she can treat people like **** and get away with it.....

One website (think it may have been House of Brides) will ship 3 dresses for $55 (not sure though) ..... so I thought that was pretty good.

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Wow BM, those dresses look lovely!! Not a bad price either!

With your bouquets, maybe bulking them out with baby's breath is an option? It can look really sweet with roses!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 am

Lucheiah, I did put a small amount of babys breath in there, but I don't want too much.... Might have to try the 20 roses in each (there's only 15 atm) and see how I go.... and maybe putting some leaves in there and loosening them up a bit might help.

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:09 am

Cool, that would look good. I remember seeing white in the bouquets, I wasn't sure if it was baby's breath lol!

HOMG 3 WEEKS TO GO!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:09 am

Woohoo! only 3 weeks! WOW

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:24 am

Hey BM, you won't believe this, I need to give my photographer the name of the park we're getting photos in and I'm drawing a blank. Do you know its name?? The Marsden rose garden thingy?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:28 am

Oh ****.... umm - have no idea... I'll try to find out for you!

Ok... according to the Street Directory, it's called "Lancaster Park" It's on the corner of Chambers Flat Road and Kingston Road.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36