A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:31 am

That's the one! Thank you SO much for that!!!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:50 am

PMSL Missy where we would be without your? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:04 am

Lol she was lucky on that one.... Lucheiah knows I live just up the road from it :D

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:16 am

That's about the sum of it!! I'm like "HOMG, I can't remember the name of the place!! Oh, Missy'll know!!" lol!!

I'm going to pick up the boys' sunglasses and paper for place cards and stuff today, whoo!

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 pm

viewtopic.php?t=76351

For the girls wearing red dresses, someone is selling their white veil that has red edges :)

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks Leanne. I have red in my dress but have decided not to wear a veil. :D Nice dress, too. I looked at one very much like it on ebay.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:24 pm

OMg we have been talkign non stop about eloping lol, so i rang mum for advice and she said........well your prioritys have chagned if you want to elope go for it.. :( it kinda wasnt the answer i was looking for i dont think, im not to sure actually..

if we elope we will be happy no matter what and save so much money...

but on the other hand we have so much family coming from interstate and over seas that are really really looking forward to it, and are looking forward to seeing us.. soem of my family i havent seen in like 6 years!

aaaarrrggghhhhh what ever we will do i will be happy, but i hate having the option.. im to undecided...

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:30 pm

Can you make your wedding cheaper? Or smaller? That way you could use the money you save on a nice honeymoon and maybe have another ceremony in a different tradition.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:34 pm

no i have tried that already... i think im am just being difficult, thats my problem.. perhaps if we stop talkign about eloping all the time (me and FH) then i wont want to do it..lol lets hope.

i was out shopping today and cam across this amazing huge solid wood book case display unit.. and it was down to $480 as the shop was closing down.. and i wanted it so bad, i said stuff the wedding i want to buy nice furniture that i will have forever...

this is my delima i want it all lol... i think i am going to tell FH to stop talkign about it and im sure it will blow over.. fingers crossed

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:20 pm

we were talking about running off to Fiji or up to Cairns, just somewhere private and romantic,

i had a word to FH just before and said we haev to stop talkign about it, and he said we will flip a coin.... of course the coin laneded on eloping...lol to tell you the truth i think it is just at the stage in the wedding planning that you start to think to much if that makes sence... you start thinking about all that money and eveythign that you haev to do and it just seem slike an easy way out..who knows...

im 99% sure we will still go ahead with the plans we haev as everyone is finally lookign forward to it. (we have alreadey had to chagne dates twice due to beciomnig pregnant and having to have an operation) i think its just the freak out stage..

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:54 pm

The stupid thoing about all this is that we had originally had booked our wedding in Palm Cove... we lost a bit of money when we canceled it.. why... becaue we decided to haev it closer to home so more of our friends and family could attend...gggggrrrrr

i think i am just being sooo stupid.

we already haev the rings, the drss, the bridesmaids dresses the flowr girls dress page boys suits.. basically we haev everythign ready to go... i wonder if im just being impatinet!!!

you know what i think i may have just figured it out.. if we were to elope but not for 6 months i would say well why bother lets just ahev it here liek planned!!! thats it im just impatient... i think i hit thenail on the head... i just want to run away now with FH and get married straight away lol

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Thanks for helping me come to realise that.. it all seems so clear now!!! things are going to stay the way they are... and im goign to enjoy the wait

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:24 pm

Hey KC... just to throw a spanner in the works... if you're really itching to get hitched now - go to the registry office! then plan your "wedding" as a vow renewal and reception! then announce - hey everyone, we're already married LOL

NOOOOOO don't do that I'm kidding!

Hun, I think you've hit the nail on the head too... stop being so impatient - 6mths will be over before you know it!!! You'll be 2 weeks out and wondering where all the time went!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:53 pm

lol funny BM!!! no im suddenly quite happy now i have realised what it is.. looking forward to original plans!!

Hey girls, i have photos of dayboro cottages and an email so if anyone wants me to forward the email on just let me know.. i was goign to attach all the photos but there are a few.

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:13 pm

I know exactly how you feel, KC! I'm thinking, "In 3 weeks time, I'll be cutting my wedding cake!!" If I could run away and get married tomorrow, I would!

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 am

WOW GIRLZ!
I go away for a couple of days and suddenly there are already 10 pages on the new thread!
I guess we all like to chat alot! :lol:

sunnybride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Today I finally introduced myself in the Introductions thread and Loz&Rob suggested that I introduce myself here as well.

All going well, we have booked 6 September for our wedding. Ceremony is "booked" for New Farm Park rotunda (Council won't fully confirm until 6 months before) and reception at Victoria Park Golf Club. Originally we booked for the 6th as we thought it was Riverfire night, being the first Saturday in September but for the first time I can remember it isn't! Too late to change now. :lol:

We have just booked Andrea Watson as our celebrant, so I am slowly getting organised...time is already going so fast!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Welcome to the Brissie thread, Sunnybride. I haven't been around all that long myself, but already I know that the girls are all really friendly and helpful. I look forward to hearing more about your plans. :D

princessbridzilla
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:04 pm

hey sunnybride bugger about riverfire although if you were planning on staying in a hotel in the city after the wedding it would of cost u a fortune so there is one good thing.

sunnybride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:15 pm

Not to mention everyone trying to get cabs afterwards...nightmare!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12