A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Although, fireworks on your wedding night would be SO awesome!!

Welcome to the forum!! lol!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:28 am

Welcome sunnybride, you will have heaps of funhere, and get heaps of great advice!!

lol well ladies.. i currently have two wedding rings :roll: i have one that i really love and haev sittingin my safe.. but then a few mnths back i was walkign past an indivudal jewllers and foudn this really nice gold band, and he offered to put in 5 princess cut diamonds in it, as thats what i was kinda looking for.. i got it at an amazing price and i love it soooo much...so now i m trying to decide which one to use on the day as the wedding bad.. and the other one will be an eternity ring.. i will probably make up my mind on the day who knows..lol

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 am

Hi girls,

I got the call from my jeweller and my wedder is ready to be picked up!!!

H2B is picking it up on his way home today... i can't wait to see it!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:37 am

KC, can you use one for your wedder and one for your eternity ring? Or one for your wedder and one just as a dress ring on the other hand?

Woohoo Josky! Make sure you post pics!

Redcliffe Council called me yesterday.... we're all booked up for our Ceremony Venue wahoooooo!

Welcome to Brissy Bride thread Sunnybride!

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:58 am

Woo Hoo! That's awesome, BM!! Did you end up going with the ceremony at the amphitheatre??

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:31 am

In the grassed area between the Ampitheatre and Settlement Cove... I was so excited about having it at the Ampitheatre and then FH decided that he didn't like that idea, cause then all the photos would have the same backdrop :roll: (you know how boys are :roll: ) LOL.... so I'm happy to go with that grassed area and have the beautiful sea as the backdrop for the ceremony!

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 am

That sounds lovely! I'm glad it worked out so well for you :) :) :)

Julz_m

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Hey Marlz how did your make up trial go?

I bought 2 x Jessica Simpson Hairdo's off Ebay. I can't wait to get them. I was going to get real extensions. What a saving!

My hair colour changes depending on my finances so I got the chocolate brown and golden walnut. I checked out the colours in a SA hairdresser who's selling them for $179 each.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:24 am

Oh BM thats wonderful news, its so pretty down there, so are tyou guys goign to be roping off a section early in the morning??? i know those places get so packed out inteh morning for the day at the beach..

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:33 am

KC we cant rope off a section. As with all public parks, you're not allowed to "reserve" an area. But the part that we've picked won't need to be I don't think. In all the times I've been there, there's never been anyone sitting there. They mainly all go to Settlement Cove. I will be hiring in decorators though and I imagine that they will set up a while before we need it, so I'll have someone go meet them to make sure that we get the area that we want. If for some reason that we can't have it there (god forbid) then we can always go up along Suttons Beach somewhere and then have everyone directed up there....

Here's a couple of pics of where I mean:

It looks all brown with not much grass, but we figure with the red carpet, chairs, flowers, decorations etc, it will look a load better....

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:36 am

Yeah, I know where you mean, there's never anyone there at all!!

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:06 pm

marlz - i too am interested in your make up trial - she is such a good price!

BM - that area looks good - you will have a great backdrop there!!

Ive posted a poll in the polling both area - would be great if you girls could help us out - trying to pick between two photographers!!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Shirlz, Where are you getting your cakes from? I posted a response to you in my poll and then realized you probably wouldn't see it :D .Don't really want to type it all again.
Can you please check it out and get back to me? TA

Mrs W soon!

Hiya and photographer?

Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:50 am

Hiya Brissie girls (thanks Lucheiah for inviting me over!)

I am getting married sept 08 at Mount Tamborine, but doing all my planning from Brissie.

Here is a question: has anyone heard anything about the Photographer Barbara Utech?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:51 am

Hi Mrs W and welcome!

Haven't heard of Barbara sorry.

happy planning!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:55 am

Hi Mrs W welcome to the Brissie thread.
Sorry I haven't heard of her either.
Lucky you, getting married at Mt Tamborine. It is so beautiful there. :)

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:30 am

Heya Mrs W, glad to see you made it here :)!!

Tamborine is absolutely gorgeous, you'll have a wonderful day there! Don't know the photographer you're talking about, but if you want I could recommend the lady I'm getting to do mine (and BM is having her as well!!). PM me for details if you like!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Welcome mrs W, sorry i to haev never heard of that photographer...

hey girls.. i had a sickie today..(i am actually kinda sick with a cold) hehe but with the daughter in daycare me and FH went out to romantic notions in moryafield to have a look at invites, and we have now ordered them yeehhhaaaaa im so happy that is all sorted, we did everythign there on the spot, the lady was just wonderful and so helpful..

i have been trying to think of ways to make our wedding cheaper, but i really cant.. unless i change my style of cake.. and im not willing to do that.. so i guess i will just have to work that little bit harder to pay for it lol... its all good though..

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Hey KC, that's fantastic!!!! do you have a pic of what your invites will be like? I know you were having trouble with them lol

As for the money, can you cut back on something like flowers? jewellery? transport?

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:23 pm

no i dont have any pics yet but when i get them i will post pics, no ther ereally isnt alot i can cut back on.. theres still stuff in ther ei haevnt even counted for yet like bm shoes or jewllery yet eekk.. thats ok not to stress.. it will all work out!

gee im in a good mood today lol
GZIP: On