A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Re: Brisbane Part 2

Sat May 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh no KC... I have a cold at the moment and it sucks bigtime. Get some Vit C and Echinacea into you NOW!!!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sat May 10, 2008 12:16 pm

YOu poor things. I had two of my kids down with a cold last week. The one going around at the moment really knocks them around.\

Hope you feel better soon.

HEy KC - 8 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!

laleona
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Leanne thanks for the tip but I have to pick from their approved list of 3. I can't believe I have no control over something so important, grr :x One is their resident celebrant who is not what we're looking for. I rang the man today and he did the hard sell - I wanted to make an appointment to see him, and he told me to bring $100 and the NOIM and our birth certificates, like we've already picked him without even telling me how much it is! So then I called the other lady and she was very nice but I felt like she couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. I must just be too picky :roll:

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat May 10, 2008 2:48 pm

If you are going to be picky about anything laleona, it should be the celebrant. You really need to connect with them to make sure your ceremony is exactly what you want.

shiny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 10, 2008 2:54 pm

i agree about the celebrant. i've been to quite a few weddings where i have been a bit horrified for the couple with the celebrates poor jokes, or getting their names wrong!! 8O
laleona can you meet with all 3 celebrants and then decide? maybe they just came across badly on the phone.

just wondering if anyone on the northside can recommend a cheap florist? was going to go silk flowers, but just wondering if I can get a similar quote for real ones.

All i need is 1 bride and 2 bm bouquets, and 1 buttonhole...i only got 2 'real flower' quotes and they were for over $500! maybe i just need to keep looking a little more??

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat May 10, 2008 3:16 pm

My florist is well priced shiny. However she is based in Coopers Plains. Gullys Garden Florist. I'm getting a small teardrop, 3 BM posies, 7 buttonholes, 5 corsages, cake flowers, in lillies and roses, all for under $400.

rach_83
Won't you take me to funky town

Sat May 10, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi girls, just wondering, is this parking $11 an hour or for all day. http://www.secureparking.com.au/display ... parkid=113
I'm sorry if I seem daft but I usually catch the train but don't want to as I am picking up the dress.

laleona
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks girls! We have met one and will meet the other two next week then decide.

Shiny, we haven't booked flowers yet but I have been looking around a bit - I think we might use flowers de lush at paddington; http://www.flowersdelush.com.au/. At a bridal fair the girl quoted me $160 for a bride's natural stem posy, $30 each for wrist corsages (we are thinking of these instead of bridesmaids bouquets) and $10 for buttonholes... So for me that worked out to $480 but I need 8 each of wrist corsages and buttonholes. No we're not having 8 bms and gms, that includes our parents, grandparents and siblings - we want all of them to be honoured on the day! For you that would work out to $230 for the corsage route - I didn't ask her about bm bouquets, sorry, but she was really accommodating so she would probably work in your budget. Also, I've looked at northside flower market http://www.flowermarket.com.au/ but to me they didn't look any cheaper.

Rach I think that is for all day parking... I'm pretty sure I've been there before.

rach_83

Sat May 10, 2008 8:15 pm

Yeah, I just joined & now I get $10 parking on mothers day, yippee!! Thnks for that. I wonder if it will be busy, I bet it is being mothers day.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Sat May 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Shiny, my florist is fairly well priced she is based at Stafford. I am getting my flowers from Bliss Floral design http://www.blissfloral.com.au/ . She works from home so I guess this cuts costs.
Im getting bouquet of 35/40 roses and tulips ($155), 1 BM bouquet of 25 roses ($110), 1 FG small posy of roses ($25), 3 buttonholes ($27) and a throw away bouquet (included). All up with travel to Riverhills ($33) is $350. This was cheaper than what Northside flower markets quoted me and I don't have to worry about picking them up etc... Karen is great with communication and emailed me a heap of pics and had heaps of photos of flowers she has previously done to look at.

laleona that really isn't fair only being able to pick from 3 celebrants. They probably won't really care in regards to customer service much seeming as you have to choose at least 1 of them. I would say not to worry too much about their customer service over the phone though, meet with them and see how you feel after that.

I can't believe how fast time is going! Do you feel like you are ready KC? I feel like I am but Im soooo not. Have a lot of things to still get through. Its my kitchen tea next Sunday (had to have it early due to uni and traveling for work) so that im getting excited about. Don't know who is coming except my Mum, Grandmother, 1 sister and Aunt but I am more than happy with just them. :D

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat May 10, 2008 10:53 pm

I spoke to both my BM & MOH tonight! My bridal shower is set for the 8th of June! so little less than a month away girls! OMG LOL....... As both of them work full time and the other girl who's planning doesn't have a computer, I've offered to do the invites myself! Plus, out of the 3 of them... none of them is good at DIY LOL they always come to me for that!

I wanna pink theme! I love pink and didn't get to have it in the wedding, so I'm gonna have it for my Bridal shower!!

So so close. I've bought some fake fur & satin today to make wraps for the girls and I. MOH is highly allergic to any sort of real wool, otherwise I would have just bought pashminas, but seeing how they're 100% wool, no go.

Shiny, can't help you with florists hun, I'm having silks and doing my own.

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sun May 11, 2008 8:08 am

laleona, when we were looking for our celebrant, I rang Steve Rowan, and to be honest , I didn't really like his manner. Like you said he went the hard sell straight away and his abrupt tone really put me off. Plus from memory he cost a fair bit compared to some of the others.

What a shame that you have to pick from their list. sounds dodgy to me. What would happen if all three had previous bookings for your time and date? would they expect you to change your plans? don't suppose there is any chance you could change venue and therefore open up a whole list of others to choose from?

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun May 11, 2008 10:56 am

Hey girls.. OMG this time next week, i should be starting hair and make up hehehehehehe, im past the butterflies stage, im at the OMG i have so much to do.. and no time to do it in stage..... i dont finsh work till Tuesday.. i really wish i had taken the whole week off.. maybe i might pull a sickie tomorrow i dont know.. my cold was a passing thing thank goodness, it was gone over night.

Shiny im going with 7 day florist in chermside, she seems really good.

laleona
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Oooh, all you girls that are getting so close, I am so excited for you and jealous like you wouldn't believe! Please tell me the time will pass quickly!

Roberta, believe me I have considered changing the venue because of this issue (they didn't tell us that we had to pick their celebrants till after I had booked and handed over the deposit :evil: ) but we took so long to pick a place that we both loved I don't want to drag it all back up :(

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 12, 2008 10:38 am

Laleona, the time flys soooooooo fast its not funny, and i know the day will fly past even quicker, which is kinda sad really, after spending so long planning and waiting for it, and it will be over in a flash!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 am

Hey girlss, want a sneek peak at the dress???? i have a pic of it, without the cyrstal son the top.. its just amazing

brideCilla
Now A Mrs
Now A Mrs

Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 am

Yes Please !!!!!

shiny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 12, 2008 12:26 pm

i wanna see your dress kiwicolz!!

frenzal thanks for the rec, im going to go with karen. she's been a great help and within price range! yay! my bms are really excited about having fresh flowers now!

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 pm

No worries shiny, glad to hear that. I have found her so easy to deal with and happy to work within budget without heaps of sacrifice.

KC where is that sneak peek???

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 pm

ok, just uploading to photobucket..
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1