A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Re: Brisbane Part 2

Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm

ok first one without cyrstals on top half..

last one of back without the lace up bit done yet

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Mon May 12, 2008 1:35 pm

OMG!!! That is gorgeous!!! I looooove the skirt! I hope you don't make us wait too long for wedding pics because I can't wait to see it on you!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 pm

OMG KC it is stunning! Lucky your wedding is this weekend or we would all die of anticipation. I can't wait to see your photos.

Frenzal - just got off the phone to Jon. haha I think he realises he will be hearing from me a bit in the next few weeks. I couldn't be happier so far with the service. He called me three times in ten minutes to clear things up. I am getting them to do the room all in black with only touches of red. black cloths on all the tables, black chair covers with red sashes and red serviettes. It is adding just over $100 to the price but I think the effect will be worth it. I didn't really like the idea of white cloths and black covers. Somewhere on this forum I saw a pic of a room done this way but I can't find it now.bugger

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Haha I emailed him today and he replied! Mine was only confirming ceremony time as he had 4pm on all my paperwork but it was spose to be 3pm. Thankfully he has it all down as 3pm. I also changed chair and sash colours again... third time! Originally before we had a theme and i had a pink dress we wanted black chair covers and red sashes. Than it went to black and hot pink sashes now black and light pink sashes. Not sure with the black but its the one thing FH really wanted. So if you come across pics of it let me know! :D

Jon is definantly quick with communication which is good. I need to start organising centerpieces. Think I will have little vases with roses or tulips in. Not sure if I should get Mum to do these for me or get a quote from the florist... might just ask florist first as if she can do it for $100 I would rather pay that. If in your room decoration photo search you come across any light pink throw them my way. :D

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm

gggggrrrrrr i have had the whole day off to do last mintue stuff and cleaning.. you know what i have done.... NOTHING.., its been nice.. but omg nothing lol that was not the plan.. im so unmotivated to do all the small last minute fidly stuff... cant someone else do it all lol..

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Mon May 12, 2008 3:55 pm

haha KC I wish someone would come and do mine too.

Frenzal are you having the black table toppers? or just plain white cloths? It makes a difference which sort of centrepiece you need, I think. Are you thinking single flowers in vases or round, square ???? just to give me and idea what you might want.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm

i will have some photos to show you all next week, but we are having our tables with white table cloths with a black throw over them, and the chairs are white with double sash one black then another white one.. hmm or that could be the other way around.. BUT i will show you.. they looked awsome anyways.. i also have red rose petals scattered around the bottom of the candelarbras for that hint of red!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Mon May 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Kc maybe have the sashes black on white like the tables. is one sash narrower than the other? just trying to picture it.

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Mon May 12, 2008 4:21 pm

some non-pro pics girls.... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=87633

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Mon May 12, 2008 4:28 pm

KC, I know what you mean about having a day off in order to so something and than you put it off and time flys. I did this all weekend, was suppose to do assignments and I did an entire hours worth and spent most of the weekend on WC and looking at (not even doing) wedding stuff instead. :evil:
Make sure you get pics of your tables because they sound really good!

Im after anything cheap for table. Im really stretching our budget, we started off planning at 5K, than it moved to 15K... its now closer to 20! Shanes grandmother is giving us $1000 as a wedding gift though so that is a bit more money to spend now... :D

I do agree with the black table bit, when I went and checked the place out they had the tables with a black topper thing and it looked really good.

This is what will be our favour boxes on the table: Image

Im thinking about these for centerpieces... than maybe candles around but im only picking this because it shouldn't be too expensive.

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Mon May 12, 2008 5:09 pm

they are all gorgeous, frenzal. I love the favour boxes! so cute. Float bowls are another cheap idea. You can float candles or flowers or a combo. I saw some in the weekend shopper on saturday.Maybe even use them as flat vasesIYKWIM depending on how deep they are. Homeart have heaps of different bowls, vases etc. and I also saw some square vases like in the pic at spotlight.

sarze
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 12, 2008 7:17 pm

Also, I think last weeks (so until this wed) BigW catalogue said 40% off vases?
We are having vases with a pale pink roses/whatever else arrangment in them, and our florist is supplying the vases. It is $2.5 per vase and the arrangments are $17.50 so $20 all up per table :) They are small square vases with a medium sort of size arrangement, not tiny but still small enough that people can talk over them...we are also having tealights surrounding them, the tealight holders are the tiny fishbowl type ones from lincraft

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon May 12, 2008 7:26 pm

KC your dress looks amazing. Your dressmaker has done a great job.

sarze
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 12, 2008 7:40 pm

Sorry KC, I meant to say how amazing your dress looks in my last post! I love the deep red and the detailed skirt is gorgeous!

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Mon May 12, 2008 9:26 pm

My Kitchen tea is this coming Sunday and RSVP date is tomorrow. FSIL sent me a msg this morning as she wasn't having any luck getting onto MOH. Just checked the invite and yep I put the wrong phone number on! Is my Dads old work mobile number. Apparently nobody should have that number anymore thankfully and nobody answered when FSIL tried calling. I don't have everyones phone numbers to msg and let them know but have most.

Will start looking for vases tomorrow! I think it was Kmart had 40% off vases not long ago but non of them where plain or they where too tall etc... Think I will email my florist also and see what she can quote me.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue May 13, 2008 12:45 am

KC.... OH MY GOSH! it's stunning!.... can't wait for your wedding hun!

Girls, I'm having black tablecloths, white chair covers with black sashes:

There'll be a single candleabra with rose petals scattered on the table and some tealights.....

I know Target had 25% off vases, but that might have been last week only? Make sure you check out cheap shops for great cheap vases too girls!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Tue May 13, 2008 7:18 am

Frenzal it must be the week for it. I too had a moment last night. I realised that my invitations say the reception is to follow in the Raffles room. Something went off in my head last night, and I am pretty sure we are in the Somerset room 8O 8O . shouldn't really cause a problem though with everything in the one place. Hope not anyway. :lol:

Sandy that table looks great. I hadn't thought of black cloths with white chairs. Don't spose you have a pic of a room done all black with red sashes and serviettes?? I know I saw one somewhere but can't find it now.I would love to show the man what I am going for, cos with it costing an extra $120 for the black cloths, he needs impressing.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue May 13, 2008 8:10 am

they help?

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Tue May 13, 2008 8:49 am

Thanks Sandy. They are great. I have been thinking of changing the cloths to black for a few weeks. Made the call yesterday so it's in the works. Lucky we aren't having cake now or it would have been another $35 for the cake table.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Tue May 13, 2008 9:49 am

Hey BM, thats what our tables should be looking like to, however we have the double sash on the chair.. dosntit look awsome.... i quite liek the look of the black with the red sash to roberta, its very elegant.

ok so much to start doing.. and i wake up the the biggest headache ever gggggggrrrrrrr not happy..
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14