A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Re: Brisbane Part 2

Tue May 13, 2008 10:00 am

KC... take some panadol and start plugging away at whatever needs to be done! Get some OJ into you as well!

I love the black/white or black/red combo.... so different to the normal white on white on white. So not the look I was going for. I wanted it to look weddingy - but not all white. Looks fantastic with the black table linen - no matter what chair sashes you have.

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Tue May 13, 2008 11:59 am

I quite like the look for black table cloth, white chair cover and red sash... i think all black looks bit gothic and gloomy. Thats only me tho :)

I wanna but my hair off... but i dont know if i should do it before the wedding... im thinking maybe i should wait incase i hate it.. just sick of my hair!

Well i got most RSVP's back and including us theres only just over 30 people coming... i hope it doesnt feel too small but every guest is from interstate.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 pm

DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR OFF!!!!

I did in sept of last year and am SOOOOOO regretting it now! It was down to my bum and I had it chopped to my shoulders and now I can't have the hairstyle I want without getting extensions!!!!!

Wait and do the "after wedding chop"!!!

brideCilla
Now A Mrs
Now A Mrs

Tue May 13, 2008 12:30 pm

BrideMissy wrote:
DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR OFF!!!!

I did in sept of last year and am SOOOOOO regretting it now! It was down to my bum and I had it chopped to my shoulders and now I can't have the hairstyle I want without getting extensions!!!!!

Wait and do the "after wedding chop"!!!

I agree !!! You may regret it.

I wish my hair had been longer for my wedding. After we got engaged, I grew it as much as I could. You can do plenty more with it when it is longer. I then did a big chop after the wedding.

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Tue May 13, 2008 1:15 pm

We all have impeccable taste here in Brisbane. :wink:

Leanne we will only have that number too. I think it will make it easier to catch up with everyone.l

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 13, 2008 8:22 pm

I havent been in this thread for ages - i forgot all about it :oops:

kc - i love your dress it looks amazing already cant wait to see it finished and on you!

leanne - dont cut your hair, if you hate it you wont have enough time to grow it back before the wedding. I know how your feeling though my hair is longest it has been in ages and im fighting really strong urges to chop it off.

Ive nearly got everything organised for the wedding, just lots of little things to do like def pick my hairstyle, the bms hairstyle, finish centrepieces, either buy chaircovers off ebay or get some material to make my own for the ceremony as no one will hire out only 10 chair covers and registry table cloth, and thats all our garden will allow so thats bit a pain. also have to finish fiddling around with my veil etc etc etc

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed May 14, 2008 8:51 am

Morning girls, well last night i went out to try my dress on... most of the crystals on the top have been done, and omg its amazing.. it really is.. and they shimmer and glem.. and oh it gives me goose bumps.. i truely cannot wait to show you all the full finished product!

Today i go and get my hair trimmed and have some foils put it, after the wedding my hair is getting chopped off! its far to long and its annoyong me to! well guests start arriving this arternoon, but i will be here everyday.. EVEN on my wedding morning, because withoutyou guys i wouldnt be quite ready lol!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 am

kC that's a nice thing to say. You know we will all be thinking of you.

Welcome back Shirls. How could forget about us? :P You seem to be super organised. Not long now.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed May 14, 2008 9:48 am

Haha KC.... I'm wondering how the heck I'm gonna get on here the morning of my wedding!! I dont think I'm going to be able to as I'll be nowhere near my computer :( Last login for me I think will be the day before, just before I head up to Redcliffe!

But hey - all you girls who are close are welcome to pop by the ceremony and have a sticky for yourselves! If you wanna know the details.... lemme know and I'll PM you location and time!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed May 14, 2008 10:23 am

im keen BM, i livein redcliffe, i will have to go for a nosey!! lol

Well im off to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! yuk the part i hate!

123Crystal

Thu May 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi Girls,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and only posted a couple of times. Usually i find all the info that i need just by searching the forum! Anyway I'm a bit stuck at the moment with my hairdressor. I don't have any attendants and I am currently living in WA but I'm getting married at Caboolture. I'll be getting ready at my parents place at Aspley before the wedding.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hairdressor on the northside that could do my hair? A mobile hairdressor is pretty much out because they want a minimum number of people.

I'm getting my makeup done at the Body Shop at Chermside if that helps!

Hope you can help me out!

Cheers,
Carmen

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Fri May 16, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi Crystal and Welcome.

I'm on the south side, sorry, so really can't help with your hairdresser, but I am sure someone will have a rec for you.

Well, I can cross one more little thing off the list, today. I have decided to go with my original plan :roll: for bonbons, and have rafaellos in red noodle boxes. I've been getting them a box at a time and then today, i went shopping and they were on SALE. :mrgreen: All up, including the boxes I have spent less than $50 for around 30-35 people.Gotta be happy with that!

KC can you believe you are getting married THIS SUNDAY. :mrgreen: I am so excited for you and can't wait to see you in that gorgeous dress.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm

lol, im so stuffed, im tierd and i just want to sit down with a bottle of wine and do nothing.... today i have spent the day running around getting nails done, buying last minute things, and picking up visitors, all the time trying to fit in time with family that has visited ... FH has his bucks tonight so hopefully i will have a chance to catch up on a few things..

OMG two more sleeps hehehehehe im getting really nervous.. when i stop and start thinking about it..

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri May 16, 2008 5:53 pm

KC... I'm so excited for you!!! OMG 2 more sleeps! I hope you get 5 mins to rest with a glass of wine!

I was thinking today.... FH and I were at the shops and it was 1.30pm and I was going ..... in 6wks and 2 hours time I'll be walking down the aisle and we'll be getting married!!!! :lol:

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sat May 17, 2008 7:08 am

ONE MORE SLEEP TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sat May 17, 2008 8:45 am

lol thanks Roberta!!! well i had an extemely interesting night... FH bucks party last night....................
got an extemely drunk phone call from FH just after 12am, .. and it starts smethng like this....(in drucken slurr) hey baby.. im at the hospital and im covereed in blood.... 8O lol then he proceeds to tell me it wasnt his fault and then says, oh its not mine its the best mans, and someones elses . lol holy crap man, i just laughed, i thoiught it would end in jail not hospital, anyways i went to pick them up,and from what i could get there was a fight which was started by someone else at the bucks party, with a bunch of kiwis, and then something about going through a shop window.. blood everywhere.. lol it was kinda funny when i picked them up, all the nurses were laughing and the cops were to.. everone ok, except bestman.. now has big white bandge on his hand and arm.. and im very thankful, noone was seriously hurt or had black eyes for my photos lol!!

i can only laugh no point being angry..

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat May 17, 2008 9:10 am

LOL KC - sounds like they had a good one! Hope your best man is ok! At least the bandages will be covered by jacket/shirt.

One more sleep!!! oh my goodness..... just think hun, you get to wear your gorgeous dress tomorrow!!!!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sat May 17, 2008 9:24 am

Kc that is exactly why mine is not having a bucks. He was arrested at his work xmas party so isn't allowed out alone anymore :lol:

I'm glad it was the BM and not your man that got hurt.

Good luck tomorrow. We are all thinking of you.

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Sat May 17, 2008 9:48 am

Hey girls... another brissie gal bites the dust.... here is the link to my pro pics

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=87804

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Good luck 2morrow KC. Cant wait to see photos :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22