A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

laleona
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Brisbane Part 2

Sat May 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Good luck tomorrow KC - hope you and your FH are both fully healthy and have a beautiful day!

Just a celebrant update girls, we saw Joy Jensen and Steve Rowan today and we think we will book with Joy. Thank you to all who gave me advice... Steve was not as 'hard sell' in person as he was over the phone, but we still felt we just clicked better with Joy...

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat May 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Thats really good to hear laleona. The celebrant is an important part of your day, so its good that you clicked with Joy :)

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Sun May 18, 2008 9:24 am

WOOHOOO Today is the day KC!! I hope you have a fantastic day and everything goes smoothly! Enjoy wearing your gorgeous dress and can't wait for the pics!

Its my Kitchen Tea this afternoon. Hope it goes alright, I have no expectations except to drink abit, eat a bit and have fun. :D

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun May 18, 2008 10:32 am

How exciting!!! Hope everything goes very well

Im jealous i want a kitchen tea or a bridal shower or something... buti have no friends or family here... none for me :(

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Sun May 18, 2008 10:43 am

LiLLeanneG wrote:
How exciting!!! Hope everything goes very well

Im jealous i want a kitchen tea or a bridal shower or something... buti have no friends or family here... none for me :(

Awww I would host you a kitchen tea. Maybe we should have a WC one...

My FSIL is organising my hens - will be very interesting....

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun May 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Hey that'd be cool Frenzal! a WC bridal shower/kitchen tea!

I did a hair trial on my little girls today and it looks fantastic! have heaps more pics to show you girls... will have to update my thread!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Sun May 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Hey all

Frenzal hope you enjoy your tea.

Leanne, I'm not having one either, maybe a WC one isn't a bad idea :lol:

Hmmm wonder how KC is going? It's very windy but at least the sun is shining for her.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OM G IM MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy moley, they day went soo soo quick! and the photos are going to be absolutly amazing, from what i saw, some of them should be up on the blog for infinity stuidos tomorrow, or tomorrow night!

im sitting here trying to think where to start.. but i dont know where lol... i was so proud of the kids, they did an amazing job! it was really windy, but out on the lawn it was sheltered, and warm, so we got to release the doves thank goodness, i lost it a few times, once in the limo on the way to the wedding.. that was where it first hit me.. had to pant like i was having a baby to stop myslef bawling..lol then when i was waiting for the girls to walk down the isle i started gettng quick emotional to.. im waiting for my sister to get back over here so i can download some pictures.. and as a bonus i had booked and only paid for a 4 seater sedan to take us home, we got a limo! The dress was absolutly amazing.. and im really hanging to show you pics, it was a huge hit, and everybody commented on it all night!

advice, when you dont have to leave the house till like 2pm or even 3pm, you still do not have a lot of time.. i was so rushed and hardly had time to stop and think.. and here i was thinking that part of the day would go soooo slowly!

i will put my story up later today or when we get back from our honeymoon!

thank you all for your support and helpfulness! love you girls!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Mon May 19, 2008 9:50 am

:bdance: :bdance: YAY!!!!!!

KC is married!!!!!!!

So glad to hear your day went smoothly. I was thinking of you in all that wind, wondering if you were cold. Ring your sister and tell hurry to hurry her a$$ up!!! :mrgreen:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Mon May 19, 2008 10:16 am

Ahhhhhh KC - tell her to hurry up!!!!

Goddammit, I have to go have my stupid hair trial and can't bloody stay here waiting for your pics!!! :evil: ... they'd better be here when I get back! :D

So happy for you hun!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon May 19, 2008 6:40 pm

a couple of non pro pics up show and tell!! not the best ones but it will have to do for a few days! lol

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon May 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Congrats KC. You look amazing :)

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Mon May 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Here's my hair trial pics.....

This was the first pic how I wanted my hair:
Then I found this one and liked it too.

I sent both of them off to my hairdresser and she thought the 2nd one was more formal/bridey..... so that's the one we've decided to go with:

Remember - this is just a very rough trial.... more to see if I like the style - and she didn't have any hairspray (we were at her house). She agrees that I will definitely need hair extensions - I want the curls down my back.... I didn't like the fringe the way she first did it, but we pulled it back a little and made it softer on my face and it looked heaps better. So on the actual day, it will be more refined, less messy, have tons of hairspray and extensions. Oh and it will be dyed chocolate brown too.

Back:
Side:
Top/front with veil & tiara:

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Tue May 20, 2008 11:47 am

Pretty spiffy, Sandy. Where's the pins?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue May 20, 2008 11:59 am

They're hiding!

lol... nah I posted all the pics in my show & tell thread

pink_vanilla

Wed May 21, 2008 12:44 pm

BrideMissy - your hair looks gorgeous :D

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks PV! I'm really excited about it and can't wait to get the extensions in it too! Can't wait to see it on the day if the rough trial looks that good!

sarze
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm

Love the photos Josky and KC! Love the hairstyle too BM!
I have been a bit quite for a few days as I have been in hospital with a kidney stone for 5 days...warning to any WCers out their that don't drink the 2L recommended per day...do it cause the agony was so bad I wanted to die lol
Now just super tired and sore from the ordeal...have had to hand over a fair few things to FH to orgnaise while i was in a drug stupor so hopefully they all worked out and he didn't tell the cake person charcoal and the bridesmaids pink lol
Talk to you all soon when I am able to type more than 2 words per minute :)

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Thu May 22, 2008 7:26 am

You poor thing, sarze. I hope you are back to your self soon. I had to have a little giggle picturing you in your hospital bed, still making wedding plans. :D The show must go on regardless of you being in agony. that's true dedication for you.

we paid for another two people to eat today. :bdance: And I will ring to order my flowers from the flower market probably today. I am feeling scarily under control atm. The next thing on my list is my bra, so that I can have my dress fitted.

I had a bit of a play with my make up yesterday,too . And I am feeling pretty confident that I can pull it off myself. :lol: I think I need different colours for my eyes tho.I was planning on dusky pink/brownish tones but think i need more colour. I am blonde and my eyes are blue. What do you girls think?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu May 22, 2008 7:52 am

Ohhh Sarze, hopefully you're feeling a bit better now? Kidney stones are horrible, I've seen my Dad suffer with them.

LOL Roberta, that's what Greg says everytime we pay something off the reception "yay more people can eat now" lol..... I'm feeling a little in control... still got a bit to DIY but it'll get done.... Mum is starting to freak out though :lol:

I don't have the confidence at all to do my own makeup... bugger that, I'd probably look like a clown in the pics lol. I'm no good with makeup at all..... so sorry Roberta, can't help you with that one! Can you do a trial, post some pics? someone on here will be able to give you some advice. Or go to one of those makeup counters in Myer and ask them which would be the best colours for you to use.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09