A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Leah3810

Re: Townsville

Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:56 pm

rach85 wrote:
had Pinkys for my 21st & my mums 50th. 8O :x :x WHAT A DISASTER! He had NO personality & hardly any songs even tho they claimed they did when we booked. I mean who doesnt have Friends in low places?? Not just that, other popular songs at the time... Was a couple of years back but his name was Craig then... AND REALLY UNPLEASANTLY loud & he wouldnt turn it down!!!

Oh no!! 8O crap!!! hahah. I might keep looking around for some others before I sign the contract with him then!!

Any other recommendations for DJ's?

Cheers

rach85
Google is my best friend
Google is my best friend

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:09 pm

I doubt you will get in at short notice Bonnie she is booked out most times. usually takes me a week or 2 to get in./..Good luck tho- you never know she may have had a cancellation. have fun at the v8s. unfortunately we are not going :-(
Leah My friend & I both had Pooles & couldnt fault them but others on here have had dramas. i think its just pot luck with everything lately - venues, suppliers etc etc. Good Luck!

Sold most of my leftover petals on Ebay which I am very happy about.. Only 5 bags left i think! Ebay is great for getting rid of excess wedding stuff gals!

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Leah3810 wrote:
Any other recommendations for DJ's?

DJ Rod...I think Taralee has also booked him. I've just booked him last minute so can let you know in 4 weeks how he is. He has been so helpful and very quick to get back to me though. He's $75 an hour and that includes cordless mike, disco lights, smoke & bubble machine. Plus his playlists are on his website so you can check before booking to make sure he has decent music that you'll like.
http://www.djrod.com.au/

Leah3810

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks I'll check it out :)

Lisa2009

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Just wanted to post one last time to let you all know of some of the people/companies that I HIGHLY recommend after my wedding last week (which was fantastic!!)

BCatered was FANTASTIC and MTQ was a great venue! Food was lovely, service was friendly and efficient. I couldn't be happier!
Malpara did the most beautiful flowers. They were by far the cheapest florist that I found and I was so happy with what they did!! All of the boquets were great and the table centres are still being commented on. Very elegant, beautiful flowers!!!
Wedding Works were also great. They did such a lovely job of decorating the venue and were so helpful everytime I saw them.
Serenata played the most beautiful music at the ceremony. I'm just disappointed that I wasn't there earlier to hear more!!
Cranky Pants ROCKED!! Best band ever!! They were great. Did a fantastic job!! Anyone looking for a band should give them a call!!!!!
Our photographer, Roy Leigh, and Videographer, Tristan Lyne (although I don't have the photos or video yet) were both so very wonderful to work with. I bearly knew Tristan was there filming away and Roy really knew what he was talking about and some of the shots that he showed me on the day were stunning!
Camilla from Boheme did such a lovely job with make-up, we really looked great all day and night.
Nicole Anderson did a very good job of our up-styles, and a very good job of disguising the hundreds of bobbypins I pulled out that night after the reception!!

I'm pretty sure that was it. It all went so well and I am so happy with everyone that we dealt with!
I hope everyone else here has a lovely day too!

BMB989
Forever & Always
Forever & Always

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Congrats on being married Lisa! Hope to see some photos!

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:04 am

Congrats Lisa!

Thats fantastic about your suppliers! We are also having Serenate, Roy Leigh and Boheme! Its awsome to hear some positive feedback! Can't wait to see your pro shots!

cubicalbinkie

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I was just interested to know if people where looking into hiring chair covers, if so what prices have you found to hire them?
Hope the wedding planning is coming along well!
Alex :heart:

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm sure you're aware that I ended up buying mine. I could have hired them through Beautiful Brides but I had a few issues with the lady who runs it (ie she messed up our names, dates, guests, colours, sent us other peoples quotes and was downright rude). I didn't want the lycra covers which also helped my decision to buy, the lycra are available for around $4 each plus sashes from The Events Studio, Wedding Works and that one that has the word Blue in it , Out of the Blue?

BMB989
Forever & Always
Forever & Always

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:29 am

For those who booked DJ Rod whats the best method of contact? I tried emailing about a week ago to an email address that i used before and got no reply :( I need to book a meeting.

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:09 pm

djrod@djrod.com.au is the one I use.

BMB989
Forever & Always
Forever & Always

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:15 pm

me too, but i emailed over a week ago and still nothing :(

I'll try again on another account

rachael78
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm

hi girls been awhile since i have been on but need your help! just had my hair trail and AAHHHHHHH its yuck so need to know who in townsville does good hair im getting married in less than 2 weeks. rum jungle is fully booked by the way just rang.

please please who do i get????!!!!!

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:46 pm

You could try Techniques, they are next to Boheme on Thuringowa Drive. I've never been there but a chick I used to work with got her hair done there and loved it. Boheme also recommended them.

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Re: townsville weddings

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:21 pm

najai wrote:
My wedding is in Townsville but I don't live there. I am organising my wedding via the internet. I would love to hear recommendations on hair stylists and makeup artists in Townsville that will come to you.

Hi

I live in Townsville and I'm getting married in May. I'm using Moon hair dresser and they also have a make up who they "team" up with. These guys are really really helpful and I'm sure they'll do a wonderful job.

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Just wanted to say good luck to the 1st August girls...hope everything goes smoothly and cannot wait to see the photos.

mandimandi

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:05 pm

hello does anyone know how to contact dj rod. I have emailed but am wondering if there is a phone number.
thanky you

mandimandi

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm

It is all good found his number.

TvlWeddingGirl

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:57 am

Hi everyone. Newbie here. I still have a while to go but it's never too early to start planning!!!!! I went to a friends wedding today at Mecure Inn. Reception was held in the "Deck" which overlooks the lake. It was the first time that I had been there and was pleasently surprised what a nice feel it had to it. I am thinking of using the same venue next year. Has anyone else been there before? Also they had a photographer there that I have never heard of before. Derek from QuickSmart Photographics. Has anyone else seen any of his work? He seemed quite easy going and when I spoke to the bride she mentioned that he had done her Sister in law's wedding last year and was very impressed with the photos!

Bridal shops..... I have seen a couple of things I like at Allgoods. Anything I should know about them?

kimberlina81
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi all,
Got married yesterday!! I couldn't have done it without all the support I have found on here. Thank you all so much :D

We loved everything about our wedding. We had just under 40 guests and I thought this might be a bit small but it was just wonderful and felt very casual, relaxed and personal.

Happy to recommend most of our suppliers

Roux Blond - the best caterers in the world. Ann Marie is amazing and was so helpful to us all night
Artistic Flowers - the BEST flowers I have ever seen in my life. Deb is amazing and super easy to get along with, EVERYONE commented on how beautiful they were.
Roy Leigh - such a funny guy, so easy to work with and I'm sure the photos will be stunning
AABA Car Rental - Blue Rolls Royce, lovely!
It's a Must - Maroon Mustang - ended the night on such a high note, everyone loved it!! Jaime - 0438 158 641
Alis Siarni - Celebrant. She was wonderful, highly recommend her - http://www.weddingsintownsville.com.au/
Suit Hire - All Goods - very good to the boys
Hair - Sophisticut - Wendy is such a great hairdresser and it is very reasonably priced, my hair was only $65.
Ebay - for everything else in between just about!!

Ones that were less amazing were
Townsville Events - not anything wrong with them but just not as happy with them as we have been with Doug Edes in the past
Townsville City Council - the venue was from them....(Riverside Gardens Community Centre) and there was quite a number of stuff ups along the way

My only one regret was wearing lipstick, much of it ended up on my teeth. If you don't wear lipstick, insist on wearing gloss as it was not a good look on my teeth and I had to keep getting it off for photos. I took it off as soon as we got to the reception!!

Good luck with all your planning. :D :D :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41