A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Re: Townsville

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Congratulations!

Your day sounded great and wasn't the weather perfect! :heart:

Its great to hear good recommendations on suppliers! What kinda flowers did you have? I'm having Artistic Flowers and can't decide on flowers :lol:

kimberlina81
I survived and got married

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:03 am

Hi again,

I forgot Move and Groove for the star ball. Had an absolutely awesome effect for the lighting for dancing. Was super cheap at about $50 too!

We had probably different flowers from the norm, I must admit, but they were gorgeous! I had light pink roses, creamy (almost yellow in fact) lisianthus, mini and regular dark and light pink gerberas in my and bridesmaid bouquet, and for everything else it was pink roses, dark and light pink gerberas and green chrysanthemums. Our centrepieces were little pails of flowers which we used for both the ceremony and the reception. :wink: We also had two large ones (the ones the florists use) that were done up the same way for the start of the aisle and then we used them on the stairs at the reception.

This is the best photo that I took myself, the ones I have just taken don't do Deb justice as they were sitting in my Mum's car all until about 11am this morning!

Cake-web.jpg

I couldn't have said more praise for Deb @ Artistic Flowers, she did an amazing job.

I made the cake btw.

kimberlina81

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 am

Here is one of the only shots that I got of the pails. They looked amazing so if anyone is considering, I would definitely recommend it!
Centrepiece.jpg

kimberlina81

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah the weather was PERFECT plus we were both healthy and everyone who was important to the ceremony was as well.

And really, you can't ask for more than that.

kimberlina81

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:03 am

Also forgot to mention the nails and beauty places
Always highly recommend Michelle at the Pink Frangipani.
I had a voucher for Bellanova and the pedithrone was lovely and my feet looked a felt wonderful.

I got my nails done at Kirsty's on Echlin Street and although she is hard to get in for an appt, she is really great. The nails lasted through baking cookies, icing, moving stuff, vacuuming and all sorts of random diy stuff a bride is not supposed to do, ha ha!! They still look perfect now too.

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Your flowers look great! Can't wait to see your pro-photos! Did Roy say how long they would take?

kimberlina81

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:09 pm

About 3 weeks he said. He has a bit of a back log unfortunately. Never mind.

timooke
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 pm

can I ask how much the AABA Car Rental - Blue Rolls Royce was, I haven't heard very positive things about AABA

kimberlina81

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:05 pm

It was fine, no hassles at all, but was expensive. $450 I think for 2.30 - 6.30pm

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Best of luck for tomorrow Lauren! I'm sure your day is going to be beautiful :heart:

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I so can't wait to hear how your weddings went lolliehollie and BMB989.

A girl I work with was just telling me that her housemate works for Holiday Inn and did a wedding on the weekend and the guitarist dropped his guitar into the cake and that the Fury players were walking around in their undies after having ice baths and all the guest could see them 8O

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi All
I've been MIA for a while.....lots of little hiccups a long the way but we got there. We lost a groomsman 3 weeks before the wedding and a bridesmaid 2 weeks before the wedding.

So I got married on Saturday, weather was great and the day went reallly well (won't say perfect because 30 minutes before the ceremony my dress still didn't fit because I'd lost weight)
We got married in Queens Gardens (booked the spot but had to move a council picnic on)
Our photographyer Roy Leigh was awesome. I saw some of the photos and was really happy with them.
We used the North Queensland Club and Burdells Catering and the food was AWESOME - I cannot fault the food or service at this venue.
Hair was done by Rum Jungle and they were fantastic. It was so relaxed and the girls there were great.
Makeup was by Debut Beauty which is attached to Rum Jungle. Caroline is so great as well and she did a really good job.

The lolly buffet was a massive hit. Our cake not so much so (which is sad because a friend made it and it was yummy).

I've got hardly any pictures but will try and put some up later.

Now comes the hard part of selling all my DIY decorations :lol:

PS - we stayed at the Holiday Inn for two nights and it was nothing short of awful. We were on the 19th floor so right up the top and all we could hear were drunken people yelling and screaming in the mall. Then at 7am workmen started hammering and drilling (apparently they are undergoing refurbishment but this wasn't mentioned when we booked). It was a lovely view but hard to sleep so I am exhausted!

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm glad your day went well!

What did you end up doing with your dress?

That awesome that you were happy with your suppliers! How were Serenata? And the cars?

Thats really bad about the Holiday Inn! They should have given you a few extra nights cos of the inconvience!

rachael78
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Hey everyone i finaly have my computer back it has been playing up for months so just wanted to tell you all how my day went.

got married on the 1 august at anzac park and reception at seagulls, seagulls accommodation was not very nice will not stay their again, we had more than 10 couples/families stay their and they would not give any discount and even though the room slept 4 people they charged the room cost PLUS per person! The catering side was great, Greg is so helpful cant recomend him enough.
we hired cars from AABA and they were great except they said they would put tire shine on the bridal car but when i went and stood by the car i turned and got tire shine on the bottom of my dress :evil: what could i do but smile and grab the sheet mum had brought for that reason but i forgot and drap it over the tire and get in the car. i dont remember much of anything i was so nervious as in our rehersal i giggled the whole way through the talking parts, i remember hearing serenata playing as i walked down the isle but after that nothing.
Amanda Medil did a great job and Donna and Steve (camera and video) were fantastic it all went smoothly.
there were some problems but cant mention "her" right now family...got to love them!
Well here are some photos from a friend who was a driver, i get to see the pro's today.

rachael78
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 am

we had photos taken near the memorial, the old beau repairs on sturt st and near the swimming pool on the strand.

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:21 am

Congratulations! Great photos!

rachael78
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 am

more pics

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:30 am

Wow lovely photos Rachael!

Serenata were awesome. DH said they started playing really early on. They played the bridesmaid song twice because we couldn't hear it and missed the cue to walk down but that was because of where we were standing. I could hear them while we were signing and it was just gorgeous.
We had emergency cars due to all sorts of issues with ours.....we had an old Mustang that was simply beautiful and 2 commodores for the bridal party driven by my brother and a friend of his.

I ended up being sewn into my dress....it kept slipping down a few times and you could see my corset under it but other than that it was okay. I didn't end up getting it bustle and every seamstress I spoke to said it would be too hard. I just carried the train around all night - bit of a pain.
I had issues at the TTD because the weight of the water was dragging the dress down but I guess that's what photo shops for!

rachael78
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am

Deb from artistic flowers did an amazeing job, we had clint from events studio decorate he is a great guy but dont know what happened cause it wasnt decorated the way we had talked about organza was used instead of satin and it was to be tied to the side but instead it was a bow at the back, i had asked for the wishing well box so we could take it back to the room but he used the wishing well from seagulls. nobody noticed of course but me but it bugged me sitting there thinking this isnt what i wanted. the room did look lovely but again not what i had planed.
I ended up getting HAIR TO DYE FOR to do our hair and so glad i did the girls and colin came to our room and were just fantastic cant praise them enough the girls did the hair while colin tended to our eye brows plucking and tinting to make us perfect, and they stayed very professonal even when my MOH was a right ***** to them i felt so bad and was really embarased i thought i was suposed to be bridezilla! she made the day very hard thats all i can say.
Oh and Dana from bellanova was wonderful love love love what she did for all of us!!!

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Who did you pro photography Rachael?

Thats good you managed to get sewn into the dress! What a freak out! So can't wait to see your pro pics and TTD. At least you got a boudior and TTD in one :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1