A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kyjane
I really have thought about this

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:48 pm

It is really lovely there LB you are gonna love it! Their food is great, last year when I was over there for another wedding we had lunch there. Did not eat that night at wedding suffice to say, it was so yum! :D

JustMarried07

Just a thought...

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:37 pm

I can't stop talking about my wedding in Palm Cove (in Cairns...)

I went through a company called South Pacific Bridal - has anyone else heard of them - I seem to be the only one...

Anyway - if you are thinking about doing something intimate and different - then I recommend their Chapel at PC. It's right on the beach and they organise EVERYTHING!!!

How COOL 8)

Kyjane

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Oh ok, which is it, are you just married, or still looking cause in one post to another you change your tune! You still taking the family there or did you take them on the 07.07.07?? Nice try.

Kyjane

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:42 pm

Ok I just saw the tickers and Riesling and Lovebug, how excited are you both?

Riesling
Drunken Wee Lass
Drunken Wee Lass

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:06 pm

Kyjane wrote:
Ok I just saw the tickers and Riesling and Lovebug, how excited are you both?

Bloody excited!

Hey! There's a wedding expo here in Townsville this Sunday (the 9th Sept) - I think its at the Riverway place... can't think of its proper name! :oops:

Kyjane

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 am

I am so pis!ed with myself Reisling, I never looked at this till this morning so missed it. They won't happen often up here either. Riverway isn't that far from me too.

Kyjane

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Hey Riesling....Isn't it beautiful weather up here at the moment!! I heard there was a wedding over the island tomorrow, wanna crash it?? Hope you have the best time and everything runs smoothly for you.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Townsville Weddings

Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:31 pm

Hey,

I'm new to these forums!! I'm a Townsville bride too! When is everyone getting married?

Kyjane

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:45 am

Hi PS. I am getting married at Seagulls on the 5th of April next year at 4.30. Only taken 15 yrs to get there. What about you, where are you having your big day?

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

My TOWNSVILLE wedding

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

That'll be lovely Kyjane.

My wedding is at Sacred Heart Cathedral August 16, 2008, at 4pm, then at the Holiday Inn.

Our wedding was all booked for August 18 2007, but had to get postponed. So I am busily rebooking everything.

I am having two bridesmaid in light green and two flowergirls in light pink.

How about you?

Pinky.

Kyjane

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Nice, that was an option we looked at but with so many people travelling and staying for the school hols with kids, Seagulls was more viable to keep everone entertained and they don't have to travel anywhere then. I am having 2BM and our 3 girls as FG's and our only boy as PB and other half is having 2 GM. I am in ivory as are the FGs and BMs are in blood red colour so deep red and the GM's will have red vest thingy and tie to match them and FH will have black vest and ivory tie to match me. Am having Xena Quinn as celebrant. Hey who are you getting to do your hair and makeup if you don't mind me asking.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:41 am

Hi,

That sounds great, we are having similar size weddings, I am having 2 page boys, 2 Fgs, 2 groomsmen and 2 bms!!! I am also wearing ivory.

My hair will be done by the girls as Beau Deans for Hair on Charters Towers Road, they're lovely and I've been going to Lauren for years.
Then my makeup will be done my Kim from Boheme Beauty + Body, she's the owner and is brilliant! She's coming to the hotel. She did my makeup at my sister's wedding and was really pedantic at making sure the colours she used matched with everyone's skin tones and the theme of the wedding etc etc.

Hope that helps,

Pinky.

Kyjane

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:45 pm

I think Kim is the lady doing ours too on the day!! Will check that with BM as she organised it, but I am sure it is. The lady we originally wanted is now unable to do it as she has daughters dance recital but Kim was the only other person she would recommend. I have a lady called Lyn coming to do our hair while makeup is being done. Tried to get Angel FX but they are booked solid till next Sept, they are unbelievable so was kinda spewin bout that but such is life, can't always get what you want.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:06 pm

Wow! What a coincidence with the makeup! If it is her, you won't be disappointed! Anyway, I've never heard of Angel FX, they must be good if they're booked out already! Are they expensive? How about decorators? Have you got one?

Pinky.

Kyjane

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:11 am

It is her doing it. Yeah Angel FX were pretty expensive from memory..BM did all the shopping for them so can't say how much exactly. I am using Wedding Works on Charters Towers Rd for the decorators..out of everywhere they were the best and best in price too strangely. They do some great stuff.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

wedding photos

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14 am

Hi All from Townsville,

Hey, just a question...

Does anyone know a reputable photographer that doesn't charge the earth?

I have looked into photographers registered with the AIPP and they all seem to charge thousands and you don't get much for that!
For example, one photographer charges (thats his basic price) $1995 for coverage of the ceremony, family and bridal portraiture, engagement portrait, 120 reprints in a linen box and a 16 x 20 inch enlargement. No copyright or DVD with high resolution proofs, all that stuff is extra and I mean EXTRA, try $600 for a low resolution DVD of your images, so you can't print any of them.

Then, the packages increase for the albums or for more coverage etc etc.

Then I've looked at zen images, by Roy Leigh Photographer. He charges $550, then an extra $250 for high resolution DVD, then an extra $250 if you want him there for the whole reception. Included is 30 digitally enhanced prints, 4 low resolution DVD slide shows and 2- 8 x 12 enlargements.

Albums are $600 for the leather ones and coffee table books start at $100, you don't have to get that stuff though.

I'm so confused. Has anyone heard of Roy Leigh and is he good?

Pinky.

Kyjane

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:37 am

Pinky I am using him. Know others that have. Have been and had meetings with him and seen his work. You could not get better. He is quite amazing, he has also freelanced all over the world and has awards for it, you really have to go and see his work. His prices were UNBELIEVABLE and upon asking for someone of his quality why so cheap he advised me that he doesn't care what the occassion, he charges the same regardless, it takes no more effort on his part for a weddding and the charge covers everything, he is not in to greed and overcharging a bride and groom on such an expensive occassion anyway. I could not recommend anyone else. :D

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:45 am

Oh thats great!

I have already seen his work and emailed him last night to book him, on discussion with FH, who is only seeing the $ signs anyway! I just can't justify spending 3k, 4k and sometimes up to 7k for wedding photos! I mean, that's almost as much as the reception. I have a videographer too, so with both of them, I should get plenty of photos.

I'm so glad to get feedback about Roy. Plus, out of all of the photographers I've met, he has been the friendliest and most easy going. The rest have been a bit stuck up.

I am so much more relieved now,

Ta,
Pinky.

Kyjane

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:56 am

Wait till you meet him, he really is great, not some sleazy old man too that you wouldn't want doing your getting ready shots. He works at the Uni teaching it I think. I upgraded as thought it was worth it for the HD since it was half the price of everywhere else too. I rang everywhere after the lady doing ours couldn't, and he was the last I called being the last alphabetically and the most helpful and friendliest as you said. You won't be sorry...I have to go back and see him cause FH was not with BM and I when we saw him last and he said he likes to speak with the groom as they need to know what they are in for!! :D :lol:

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:06 am

OH, I have met him, last week. I just told him I would get back to him about booking, which I did last night. His work is lovely, but the reason I started worrying was reading a bridal mag on photography and they said if you find a photographer offering you the works at $1400 to $1900, then buyer beware!

That freaked me out. I mean, I started to wonder why he is so cheap, is it because he is unreliable, or doesn't have time to do the albums or any editing of dgital effects should we choose to get an album?

I mean, his albums start at $600 for the big ones, so I'd be happy to pay that and get an album aswell, I just thought he may leave me hanging, or not want to do it due to no time, he said it takes a long time.

Anyway, I guess I can always take the high resolution DVD to someone else to make an album if I get problems with that!

I am confident I will be happy with him now, thank you

Pinky
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49