A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kyjane
I really have thought about this

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:19 am

What a load of rubbish!! I know plenty of people that have not paid that and their photographer/photography was great. My friend got married at Bushland Beach Resort in Feb and we went to that and I know a lady who is just starting out building a business after many years of being a photographer and she did the lot with album for $450 and it is fantastic. That is who I was hoping to have to do mine as I know her but she couldn't and is booked till December now next year, still charging only round $500, she just loves doing it, and that is by word of mouth she has that business and people seeing other peoples photos, they snap her up. Think she would do it for free if she had to!! As long as they have the credentials to back up what they are saying I think you would be right and Roy certainly had more than most of the other photographers up here, guess he is just not greedy, and this is his weekend thing now after teaching.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:27 am

LOL
Point taken!

Pinky.

Kyjane

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:33 am

Ohh an exciting topic..have you picked your dress yet??

Riesling
Drunken Wee Lass
Drunken Wee Lass

Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:49 pm

Kyjane wrote:
Hey Riesling....Isn't it beautiful weather up here at the moment!! I heard there was a wedding over the island tomorrow, wanna crash it?? Hope you have the best time and everything runs smoothly for you.

:lol: There was actually 3 weddings happening on the island last weekend.
All went well with ours and the weather was lovely. Glad its all over now though!

sas84

Re: Townsville Weddings

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:31 pm

pinky_seal wrote:
Hey,

I'm new to these forums!! I'm a Townsville bride too! When is everyone getting married?

Welcome Pinky_Seal! I'm an old married woman now :) I got married on the 30th of June at Holy spirit church then had our reception at the German club. I'm happy to give you any recomendations! :)

I hope you enjoy the rest of your planning! :)

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi Sas, thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm pondering my centrepieces. I want something vintage? Any ideas?

Kyjane wrote:
Ohh an exciting topic..have you picked your dress yet??

Kyjane, my dress has been picked. I am getting it custom made by CJ designs. I had a picture of something I liked and they came up with a similar design with some changes that I wanted. Its ivory satin, organza and lace, with scalloped lace across the bodice and I don't know the terminology, but it goes from shoulder to shoulder. The lace overlaps satin up until under the bust, then the lace disappears and organza overlay over the satin. Its the second fullest skirt you can get, with a train. Lace piece work down the side/front with beading and crystals, then a flower and feathering coming out from behind the flower, just at the front of the left hip. There is also gathering diagonally from the left hip/waist. Then, the organza has a kind of pick up about near the right knee, where just the satin shows through. Then the lace and embroidery, beading and crystals are all along the bottom of the train.

What is yours like?

Pinky.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:41 pm

Just testing my new ticker... hope it works, bet it doesn't though! lol

[url="http://www.whenismywedding.com/"]Image[/url]

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm

sas84

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:41 pm

[quote="pinky_seal"]Hi Sas, thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm pondering my centrepieces. I want something vintage? Any ideas?

How about something like this?
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/content/30369/
and there are some good ideas on this site...
http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user ... erpiecebio

BTW!!! Your dress sounds stunning! I tried some dresses on at CJ designs too... they have some beautiful gowns there. I ended up going with a dress I found in Sydney at Abbey Bridal :)

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 pm

Thanks for the tips.

I like abbey bridal too, if i couldn't get what i wanted at cj designs, abbey bridal would have been my next stop...but a lot further to travel Lol!

What does your dress look like?

[url="http://www.whenismywedding.com/"]Image[/url]

sas84

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 pm

weeell!

Here is me in my dress...
http://saraandpeter.weddingannouncer.co ... 74250.html

and here is the model in it:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... tyle=V7032

:) I loooooved my dress soooooo much :)

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:32 pm

Wow! YOur dress is gorgeous! I actually think you look better in it, than the model! Love the colour!

Pinky

sas84

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:16 pm

Awwww thanks pinky :) hehe I secretly think I look better in it too :lol:

I was so happy with it... and the colour is very me :) I fell in love with it the second I put it on :)

Kyjane

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 am

Hi Sas, long time since I have seen you around!! Hi PS. I have been in hospital for a couple of night stay this week, all very exciting or should I say scary event. Our hospital sucks, they don't have room for anyone, actually I have to go back there at 11.30 so best get my bum in to gear and get the kids ready so I am not late. PS have got no ideas on the centrepieces at moment, not able to think straight last couple of days. Will have a bit of a look on some sites later. Have a good day ladies. Riesling should be on her honeymoon now the lucky girl!!

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:21 am

Kyjane, that wouldn't be the Townsville Hospital you're talking about????

I'm a nurse there! He he! No, I understand you exactly, we (the staff) realise how crap it is, but that's QLD Health, not the hospital itself!

Anyway, back to wedding talk!

I'm thinking for the centrepeices, silver candelabra, on lace doileys, with flowers around the base of them. I would love those candelabra with the crystals hanging off them, but to find 12 of them would be a hefty task (not to mention expensive). Anyway, what do you people think? Is that vintage?

Pinky

sas84

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:16 am

kyjane that is no good :( I hope you are feeling better soon hun.

Pinky I reckon that sounds like a great idea for your centrepieces. I would jump on ebay and have a look on there for some candelabra's... you might even be able to find some ones with the crystals.

What sort of flowers are you thinking of having around the base? Do you want real or synthetic? I reckon roses are very vintage or hydrangers even?

Kyjane

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:54 pm

Yeah Pinky it is. That really sucks what they have given you guys to work with considering it is a new hospital. However must give it to the staff, they were brilliant and I have said that all around here on the posts bout my brush, and every shift too were great, didn't have one complaint so far as staff goes, just the sh!t conditions they have to work with.

pinky_seal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Hi Sas,

Yeah, Ã

Kyjane

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:04 pm

I am having white lanterns which I have already and will post a pic of...surrounded by deep red rose petals..and will have a couple of nice balloons off them....I will also be having hundreds of balloons floating on the ceiling for the kids to play with....will post a pic of what it will be similar to also...of course they will be reds, clear and ivory balloons though...oh and I will put up a pic of the ring bears I have but mine have ivory instead of white, just have not got a pic of them yet, so lazy!!!

sas84

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:25 pm

Pinky, roses sound lovely! :) Who are you having for your florist? I reckon the roses and orchids will look great! I had green and cream/white orchids and there were a couple of roses in there too to fill it out a little. I looooved my bouquet :)

As for table centrepieces... I had big vases with pink and green synthetic orchids sunken in water with a floating candle. Around the base of the vase was some material in the same colour as the BM's dresses and some gold butterfly scatters and 4 votive candles...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15