A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jessi_jujubean

Re: Brisbane Part 3

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:47 pm

GorgeousGiggles wrote:
jessi_jujubean wrote:
Hi Lovely Ladies!

just wondering if anyone has been married at the Belevedere hotel at Woody Point (redcliffe) at brissy north?
We are seriously looking and would love any opinions!

Also, i know prob not the right place to type this, but anyone gone on a p&o cruise for your honeymoon?

So excited, even though our big day isn't til next september. . . :D cant wait!

I am having my reception at the Belvedere in September this year!!! The packages are awesome!

Hi GoreousGiggles!
OOH! how lovely! yeah we can't wait, we are going on the weekend to see the seaspray room all set up for another wedding. . . i can't wait! We are going to have a cocktail reception, overlooking the bay. . . really is lovely there isn't it!

And how great is Erin (funtion manager)! i have annoyed her so many times with emails she must be getting sick of me but she is just so lovely and helpful everytime!

What kind of pacakge were you looking at, if you dont mind me asking?

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Thought I'd introduce myself to the Brisbane brides, I'm getting married on the 23rd October 09 at Glengariff Estate and I can't wait, especially considering all the effort gone into the planning. I can't believe how fast the time is going, FH doesn't seem to understand that things need to be organised and booked he's in his own little world, as long as he shows up wearing a suit with a speech prepared I'll be happy! Anyway look forward to chatting, Feel free to have a look at my show & tell so far!
:D

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 am

Loz&Rob wrote:
Hi ladies,
Hope things are going well with your plans.

Im sure this qu has probably been asked before, but I am looking for reccomendations for somewhere to go for my hens night.

I was thinking a nice cocktail bar with eprhaps some tapas or other light food available. Maybe James Street, or Southbank, or somewhere in the city?

In case you cant tell, I dont really go out much. The last cocktail bar I went to was Lava Lounge in the Valley which I think has closed down now.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi Loz&Rob,
I can suggest Garuvas in the Valley, they have a cocktail lounge out the back with lots of different cocktails and they do happy hour earlier in the night and you can have meals there as well as long as you don't mind sitting on cushions, it's very cosy, I wouldn't mind going there for my hens!

Here is their website to give you an idea

http://www.garuva.com.au/
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07