A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Re: Brisbane Part 3

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 pm

McLeods was my second choice (only because of the distance from my ceremony venue)
It was great, lovely views, lovely photo ops and the manager is GREAT.

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm

lrussell wrote:
Thanks Neon! Did they have the ceremony there? I was a little worried that the golfers might be a distraction.

No, they had a church ceremony.

From my recollection, the club house is actually a bit away from the golf course itself anyway. I doubt you'd have people wandering through or causing too much distraction.

lrussell

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi Yasmin, The Manager did seem really nice. Where did you have your ceremony? Which Reception Venue did you choose?

Jacqthesis

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Hello From Beijing!

Thanks for the feedback about Baggaleys- It's so hard not being able to go see their books and chat and meet individual suppliers.
Anyone recommend a good florist?

I really miss my Mum and friends at the moment- I've always imagined planning it all with them beside me- not from a
computer in China! I really missed her when my dress arrived by post to Beijing and I tried it on and it was just what I wanted- but she was not there
to show. Oh well, It will be lovely when I see everyone at the wedding in Brisbane - have not seen her for over two years now.

I would LOVE any photos if anyone has them of the Stamford Plaza River Room set up for a wedding. X
Also any places that do great invitations!

I am so grateful for this forum- it's been such a big help. :)

Jacqueline.

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 am

lrussell wrote:
Hi Yasmin, The Manager did seem really nice. Where did you have your ceremony? Which Reception Venue did you choose?

our ceremony is at ST Marys Church in ipswich with the reception at the old court house in ipswich.
check out my S&T for pics!

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 pm

lrussell wrote:
Hi All, I am new to this site, and just wondering if anyone had feedback on a few places, boulevard gardens, riverglenn or mcleods country golf course. Thanks for your help! :lol:

I went to McLeods the other to have a look and I didnt think to much of it. The guy on the counter showed us around but didnt really know how to answer the questions we were asking.

But everyone has different tastes, I am sure where ever you choose it will be lovely

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 pm

I would appreciate any comments on Windaroo Cottage, it looks lovely, the wedding packages are quite resonable.

Has anyone been to a wedding or had their at this venue??

Its so daunting trying to find the right place

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:14 pm

chooky wrote:
I would appreciate any comments on Windaroo Cottage, it looks lovely, the wedding packages are quite resonable.

Hey hun, we looked at windaroo cottage at one stage but the ceremony area just didn't look big enough for us but it would have been our second choice if we didn't pick our current venue. Windaroo Cottage also have an open day for bridal on the 1st Feb 10am - 2pm. It's free entry plus you get a free brisbane wedding guide (rrp 6.95), plus they have lucky door prizes. If you couldn't tell, I was reading off the flyer I got in the mail lol. I'm trying to convince FH to go with me to get some ideas lol

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 pm

tahnee_s wrote:
chooky wrote:

Hey hun, we looked at windaroo cottage at one stage but the ceremony area just didn't look big enough for us but it would have been our second choice if we didn't pick our current venue. Windaroo Cottage also have an open day for bridal on the 1st Feb 10am - 2pm. It's free entry plus you get a free brisbane wedding guide (rrp 6.95), plus they have lucky door prizes. If you couldn't tell, I was reading off the flyer I got in the mail lol. I'm trying to convince FH to go with me to get some ideas lol

I am looking to have about 80 guests, I just dont know where to have wedding, we were looking at Cedar Creek Winery up at Mt Tamborine, but your looking at around $14000, seems a bit pricey, dont really want to spend that much, considering we are paying for the wedding ourselves.....Oh its not until October 2010, so have a fair bit of time, but just want to book the venue, so where are you having your wedding Tahnee?????

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm

I would have loved to get married up mt tambourine too, its so beautiful but it was a bit out of our price range. We are paying for everything ourselves too.
We are having our ceremony at St Margarets chapel near the gold coast arts centre, it has a max of 60 people in it though because it's only a small one. Then we are having our reception at the Southport Yacht Club. FH djs weddings at the southport yacht club so we are getting a pretty good deal there.

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:37 pm

tahnee_s wrote:
I would have loved to get married up mt tambourine too, its so beautiful but it was a bit out of our price range. We are paying for everything ourselves too.
We are having our ceremony at St Margarets chapel near the gold coast arts centre, it has a max of 60 people in it though because it's only a small one. Then we are having our reception at the Southport Yacht Club. FH djs weddings at the southport yacht club so we are getting a pretty good deal there.

I am having a meeting with Cjay at Southport Yacht Club next Saturday, seems like a nice place and well priced also, just not sure if we did have it there, were we could have our ceremony, as we are in brisbane.

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 pm

They do have a little garden section out the back on the water for ceremonies, im not sure how many people could fit out there though. Ask CJ when you speak to her, she's really lovely. Other options could be a beach wedding if you are into that, there is quite a few spots just across the road from the Yacht club. We originally were looking in brisbane at venues but we just couldn't find a reception venue we liked. If we did find one, we probably would have had our ceremony at the Broadway Chapel, their prices were fairly reasonable.

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 pm

I just had a bit of a search and came across this chapel on the gold coast. It seats up to 90 guests. http://www.braesideweddingchapel.com/

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:45 pm

tahnee_s wrote:
They do have a little garden section out the back on the water for ceremonies, im not sure how many people could fit out there though. Ask CJ when you speak to her, she's really lovely. Other options could be a beach wedding if you are into that, there is quite a few spots just across the road from the Yacht club. We originally were looking in brisbane at venues but we just couldn't find a reception venue we liked. If we did find one, we probably would have had our ceremony at the Broadway Chapel, their prices were fairly reasonable.

She advised they dont do ceremonies, but said you could have it on the beach or in a park, but I just dont know any parks down there, plus we would have to hire a marquee, trying to save as much cash as we can (i know I sound scabby). We are looking at about 80 people for our wedding, less if possible.

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 am

chooky wrote:
I am looking to have about 80 guests, I just dont know where to have wedding, we were looking at Cedar Creek Winery up at Mt Tamborine, but your looking at around $14000, seems a bit pricey, dont really want to spend that much, considering we are paying for the wedding ourselves

Hi Chooky, I can't really contribute too much to your question as we only looked at city venues, but I just wanted to say that $14,000 for 80 guests seems like a lot to me. I've never been to Cedar Creek Winery - I'm sure it's lovely, but I'm also pretty sure that there are equally lovely locations that will be a bit easier on your hip pocket. Our reception for 105 at the Brisbane Polo Club is costing less than that.

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:36 am

I thought they used to do ceremonies, hmm maybe not. I know what you mean about trying to save money, we are the same. We originally had 90 guests but we have managed to cut it down to 60 and now since we have booked our ceremony, it keeps us under 60 because thats the max the chapel holds. We are going down there today to pay the remainder balance and take some pictures of inside the chapel.
My suggestion would be that when you go down to the yahct club next week for your appointment, have a drive around and get an idea of the area. If you see any parks you like, contact the council and see what their policies are.

ejd001

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am

Hey girls completely off topic.

Just curiouse to see who is the next to go - we should do a list of dates - I do think I could be next???

8 Feb - just happens to be 2 weeks sunday!
YAY - I am at the stage where i am totally organised and sorted and I just want the day to hurry up and arrive!

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:25 am

ejd001 wrote:
Hey girls completely off topic.

Just curiouse to see who is the next to go - we should do a list of dates - I do think I could be next???

8 Feb - just happens to be 2 weeks sunday!
YAY - I am at the stage where i am totally organised and sorted and I just want the day to hurry up and arrive!

oooh how exciting, I hope i'm all organised when I have only 2 weeks to go :| .
I'm not till September so I think there will be a few before me

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 am

i have about 2 1/2 months till mine 17th April, and i am definatly not ready

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm

meljade wrote:
i have about 2 1/2 months till mine 17th April, and i am definatly not ready

Do you need help with anything hun? What have you got left to organise?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29