meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Brisbane Part 3

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:51 pm

tahnee_s wrote:
meljade wrote:
i have about 2 1/2 months till mine 17th April, and i am definatly not ready

Do you need help with anything hun? What have you got left to organise?

thanks for the offer :D :D

i know i am not as unorganised as i feel but it is the little things which seem to be taking longer then i planned, trying to fing red shirts & black ties for the GM, Finding shirt & tie for FH, finding red shoes for me, hair clips for the BM, choosing songs for the ceremony, finding somthing to use as a wishing well, and all the other bits, my underware, jewllery, etc

I think i would be feeling more organised if the GM & FH outfits were sorted, the rest is little stuff i can organise it is just having the time as i am working about 11hrs a day at the moment, 8O 8O

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 pm

tahnee_s wrote:
I thought they used to do ceremonies, hmm maybe not. I know what you mean about trying to save money, we are the same. We originally had 90 guests but we have managed to cut it down to 60 and now since we have booked our ceremony, it keeps us under 60 because thats the max the chapel holds. We are going down there today to pay the remainder balance and take some pictures of inside the chapel.
My suggestion would be that when you go down to the yahct club next week for your appointment, have a drive around and get an idea of the area. If you see any parks you like, contact the council and see what their policies are.

yes they do ceremonies there, we are also thinking of holding it at Windaroo Cottage at beenleigh, it looks so lovely and I have heard a lot of people say it is, its too small for ceremony, so we might just hire a bus and hold the ceremony at Mt Tamborine and bus back to Windaroo cottage or hold it at Southport Yacht Club and ceremony still at Tamborine.....Oh I am starting to feel a little relieved...
Weddings just are expensive, but I just dont want to spend to much, you can still have a lovely wedding without the price tag, apparently the average spending on a wedding is $30000 well I can certainly say, mine wont be that!!!!

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:31 pm

meljade - I'm a stay at home mum so I seem to have plenty of time to look on the net at things but when it comes to actually going out to venues etc, I have to organise someone to look after our son. It must be hard working with a wedding so close, I know I would just be thinking of my wedding the whole time lol. Hopefully you get all the little things sorted out soon.

chooky - The bus thing is a good idea, saves people getting lost too. I saw that report on the average wedding cost too and I was shocked. My sister had a very low key wedding and we're trying to do ours under 10k. It's just a matter of using whatever contacts you have within the family and friends to try and get bargains.

ejd001

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Well I must admit, although I have 2 weeks to go and I am all good to go, I only felt like that in the past week!
Last week I was a mess - Had 10 million things to do - I think it is just wild and overwhelming until a certain point, where you finally feel like your actualy going to get it all done ( hahaha) - and I reached that a couple of days ago.

Man, weddings are hard work!

P.s - if you want to have a squizz, I have a show and tell now - YAY

emfive
In ♥ with Miss Lily
In ♥ with Miss Lily

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 pm

I am 42 days away :D 7th of March!

ejd, your show and tell looks great! Love the dress!!

I've updated my show and tell recently with hair trial pics. If anyone is looking for a mobile hair / make-up artist I can highly recommended mine!

laleona
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Tahnee, I'm sorry I haven't replied to your question - I have had soooo much uni lately, every night and all weekend! I will post a pic of my invitations one day when I find the charger to my digital camera, but my design was not complicated. I just did a few every night when watching tv, you could maybe do this after the kids go to bed. I used a ribbon which was a bit fiddly though.

SLongland2B, I'm getting married at Quay West on Alice Street and will be staying there the night before. It's a bit exxy but very nice too.

ejd001

Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 pm

14 Days to go for me! so excited. I have decided that today is the day ALL vendors will be completely paid and EVERYTHING will be finished!
I am spending next weekend gettings nails done, hair done and massage etc.

14 days!

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 pm

ejd001 wrote:
Hey girls completely off topic.

Just curiouse to see who is the next to go - we should do a list of dates - I do think I could be next???

8 Feb - just happens to be 2 weeks sunday!
YAY - I am at the stage where i am totally organised and sorted and I just want the day to hurry up and arrive!

How exciting, we are thinking 23/10/2010, so heaps far away for me, need time to save some muuulaaa

princess-ness

HELP need reception ideas - clueless bride to be

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:01 pm

We live in Brisbane and my partners family live on the coast. We dont have a huge budget for our wedding (I lost my job before Christmas and have only been in my new one for two weeks and we are paying for everything ourselves). We were looking at renting a house somewhere between the sunny coast and Gold Coast to have our wedding. A nice big place where we could self cater (thus keeping the cost of food and alcohol down) - with an entertaining area. Can anybody suggest somewhere? I am really stuck for ideas, want to have a beautiful day and am feeling that I'm VERY BAD at planning my own wedding. Feeling very despondent. :roll: :? We were originally hoping to get married at New Farm Park - under the rotunda, but we worry that parking will be difficult for our guests and organising an inexpensive reception afterwards in the area would be a miracle. And then we thought about a beach wedding somewhere on the goldy, but then there still remains the problem of where do we host a reception that isn't going to cost us our first born. Any ideas................ :roll: :cry:

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 pm

ejd001 wrote:

Just curiouse to see who is the next to go - we should do a list of dates - I do think I could be next???

YAY - I am at the stage where i am totally organised and sorted and I just want the day to hurry up and arrive!

hehe i beat you by one day! 7 feb! going to check out your show and tell now!

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: HELP need reception ideas - clueless bride to be

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:07 am

princess-ness wrote:
We live in Brisbane and my partners family live on the coast. We dont have a huge budget for our wedding (I lost my job before Christmas and have only been in my new one for two weeks and we are paying for everything ourselves). We were looking at renting a house somewhere between the sunny coast and Gold Coast to have our wedding. A nice big place where we could self cater (thus keeping the cost of food and alcohol down) - with an entertaining area. Can anybody suggest somewhere? I am really stuck for ideas, want to have a beautiful day and am feeling that I'm VERY BAD at planning my own wedding. Feeling very despondent. :roll: :? We were originally hoping to get married at New Farm Park - under the rotunda, but we worry that parking will be difficult for our guests and organising an inexpensive reception afterwards in the area would be a miracle. And then we thought about a beach wedding somewhere on the goldy, but then there still remains the problem of where do we host a reception that isn't going to cost us our first born. Any ideas................ :roll: :cry:

Hi, I had this place http://www.stayz.com.au/27042 listed in my favourites. It is 2 houses together at sanctuary cove on the gold coast. i think they may have a minimum stay of three nights but it looks pretty good. It has a spa, pool, entertainment area and they have done weddings there before. There is too much to write here so check out the website. I hope that helps :D

ejd001

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 am

yasmin wrote:
ejd001 wrote:

How exciting - we are weekend twins hahaha.
lets pray together for a rainfree weekend ( stupid rain) - the way its been going I am a little concerned. Is yours an outside ceremony?

lrussell

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Ladies, I am getting slightly addicted to this site and all things wedding! Just wanted to post that I have booked the Broadway Chapel for my Ceremony and McLeod's Country Golf Course for the Reception for the Sat 7th November. I am SOOO excited! Now I just have to organise everything else... :mrgreen:

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20 pm

lrussell wrote:
Hi Ladies, I am getting slightly addicted to this site and all things wedding! Just wanted to post that I have booked the Broadway Chapel for my Ceremony and McLeod's Country Golf Course for the Reception for the Sat 7th November. I am SOOO excited! Now I just have to organise everything else... :mrgreen:

Congratulations! You're on your way ...

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:48 pm

ejd001 wrote:
yasmin wrote:
ejd001 wrote:

lets pray together for a rainfree weekend ( stupid rain) - the way its been going I am a little concerned. Is yours an outside ceremony?

look at weatherzone.com.au currently my forcast is really good! so i'm stoked! and why arent u in the feb thread??????

ejd001

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:08 pm

[hehe i beat you by one day! 7 feb! going to check out your show and tell now![/quote]

lets pray together for a rainfree weekend ( stupid rain) - the way its been going I am a little concerned. Is yours an outside ceremony?[/quote]

look at weatherzone.com.au currently my forcast is really good! so i'm stoked! and why arent u in the feb thread??????[/quote]

Hmm feb thread - I thought it was too late to join the bandwagon hahaha, I only really started posting a month or so back, so I didnt want ot be like "surprise" and have everyone wonder who I was hahaha.

Might have a look through now and see what the goss is.

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:32 pm

lrussell wrote:

We were going to have ours at Broadway chapel but now we are going down the coast. The church looks lovely

krustee

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy/hire white carpet runners in Brisbane for our ceremony in the park? Seems only red carpet is on offer everywhere I look.

kimberlina81
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:30 pm

Hello !!

I am in Brisbane for the weekend dress shopping with Mum (I live in Townsville) - does anyone know any bridal shops that are open on Sunday??

We did seven shops today but any others would be good while we are here.

Thanks!
Kim

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 am

krustee wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy/hire white carpet runners in Brisbane for our ceremony in the park? Seems only red carpet is on offer everywhere I look.

http://sparklebrite.com.au/cms/content/view/16/30/

this place does! :)

Based in Ipswich but do weddings all over. It's a little family business and they are just LOVELY to deal with!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.47