A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Brisbane Part 3

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:36 pm

yasmin wrote:
krustee wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy/hire white carpet runners in Brisbane for our ceremony in the park? Seems only red carpet is on offer everywhere I look.

http://sparklebrite.com.au/cms/content/view/16/30/

this place does! :)

Based in Ipswich but do weddings all over. It's a little family business and they are just LOVELY to deal with!

That place in the pictue is a gorgeous place to have your wedding, my partners brother got married there in December and it was nice

katbunney
Little Miss Pink BunnEy
Little Miss Pink BunnEy

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi girls.

My brother and his fiance are planning on getting married in August and are looking for a venue in the city for about 50ish people. Does anyone know if there are any hotels etc that let you have a minimum of about 50?? Alot I have looked have min numbers of 80.

Any help is appreciated. They are only just started the planning now. Oh and they are getting married on a Sunday. Not sure if that makes any difference.

whint
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Kat, its not IN the city but I know the Sorento Lounge does groups of 50ish people....not much to look at on the outside but its lovely inside :)

Has anyone got any recommendations for Marraige Celebrants in Brisbane? I am looking for someone fresh and fun.... not stuffy & rigid... if that makes sense!

elite

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:29 pm

You could try Andrea at http://www.andreasweddings.com. She is really nice and not stuffy.

whint
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks... thats kind of funny...that is who we were planning on going with but has the other wedding on!

DanE
I survived and got married

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

whint wrote:
Has anyone got any recommendations for Marraige Celebrants in Brisbane? I am looking for someone fresh and fun.... not stuffy & rigid... if that makes sense!

We had Anne Campbell - she was BRILLIANT!!! Lots of people want young celebrants because they think they're more relaxed and fun but Anne was fantastic, she made everyone feel welcome and part of the ceremony. She may cost a little more than others but worth every cent!

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:35 pm

whint wrote:
Kat, its not IN the city but I know the Sorento Lounge does groups of 50ish people....not much to look at on the outside but its lovely inside :)

I have a meeting in a couple of weeks with Amanda Brown, she was recommended to me off a forum. So far I have only spoken to her via email and phone and I found her really nice and on my level IYKWIM, she doesn't act above me etc. Here's her email if you are interested aatbrowne@hotmail.com

ejd001

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 pm

whint wrote:

Neal Foster, the marriage celebrant. Google him, he is $400 set price, AWESOME GUY!

whint
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks for all the info... will look into all of these ones thanks :)

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:50 am

We were going to have Anne Campbell cause she is highly recomended, but just couldnt justify the extra cost.

We have found Ashley Bergh at around the $400 mark and he is such a funny guy. Really relaxing and takes on every single suggestion that we have with regards to how we want the cermony to feel and the readings that we want to include.

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi ladies! Just wanted to introduce myself as a new brissie bride!

My fiance (still getting used to that lol) proposed on valentines day after 4 and a bit years together. We're both brisbanites with his family here and mine in toowoomba so it looks like the wedding will be in this general vicinity. No massive plans yet, we've got an overseas trip coming up with our uni course to Africa from mid march to around the end of may, so probably won't get into gear with planning until after we're back...but i can still look. :D

I look forward to chatting to all you lovely ladies and picking your brains!

jacq

DanE

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Welcome to WC Aryawolf and Congratulations!!!

You'll love WC, everything you need to know about weddings (and other things) can be found here. Good luck with all of your planning! :D

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 am

Congratulations and welcome!

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 am

Congratulations Aryawolf and welcome to WC.

A few weeks in Africa sounds like a wonderful trip. Can I ask what you are doing over there? (Africa is where FH and I wished we could afford to go for honeymoon)

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks guys!

Loz&Rob - Me and the new fiance are going over as part of our degree. We're both in our final year of medicine and we get an 8 week rotation to do whatever we want related to the course and we've always wanted to go to Africa. So we're going to Ghana and spending about 7 weeks in a hospital in a relatively rural area, then spending one week checking out ghana, one week in Kruger National Park driving a rental car around checking out all the animals, and then about 6 days in Capetown.

So all in all it should be good, as well as financially draining :roll: We've got a bit to do before we go though, and now i have to figure out if i take the engagement ring with me or not......

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:21 pm

WOW that sounds likes an incredible experience!

As for the ring - I have known ladies who have left their pride and joy at home but bought a cheaper (still quite blingy) one from ebay just so they have something to wear for the trip. I honestly cant say what I would do. I guess its all up to personal preference.

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Hmm, that's a tough one. On one hand I'm sure you want to wear your engagement ring, but on the other, you don't want any additional risks.

If I were you, I'd be tempted to leave it behind. You probably won't be able to wear it during work hours anyway, so you'd be taking it on and off a lot.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Wow, its been soo quiet in here!

So FH and I decided that we won't take the E-ring with us to Ghana, so i just went out and got a simple silver band to wear while we're over there so "everyone know's your taken" - as per FH lol.

So I was wondering if anyone had any recs re a few venues. We're thinking of checking some out before we go O'seas and I've got lots saved on the computer but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies knew about/have attended a wedding or function at:
The River Room - Southbank (through Bris Entertainment Centre)
Topiaries at Beaumont in Samford
Hillstone - St Lucia

and MAN are weddings are expensive (particularly the ones you think you'll have) phwoar! Slowly going through some expectation modification currently.

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:06 pm

I've been to a wedding ceremony and reception at Hillstone. Both were lovely!

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Kwitty wrote:
I've been to a wedding ceremony and reception at Hillstone. Both were lovely!

I second that - Hillstone is a great venue.

We had a work function at the River Room a few years ago. It was quite nice. Definitely had a more casual feel than Hillstone, but maybe that's because it was rowdy work Christmas party :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.59