A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

whint
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Brisbane Part 3

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm

I looked at hillstone, I thought it was very nice indeed :)

We finally booked a ceremony venue.... we chose Cupids Gardens at Burpengary :) So happy with our decision!

Eskimo84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 pm

I helped out for a wedding at Hillstone and it was great :) I also danced at one there but it was cocktail... still was fab!

I'm getting married at Toapaires... it's so beautiful!! So excited :)

xx

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am getting married at the Albert Street Uniting Church followed with a reception on the Rooftop Terrace of the Brisbane Powerhouse.

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

white_rabbit wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am getting married at the Albert Street Uniting Church followed with a reception on the Rooftop Terrace of the Brisbane Powerhouse.

welcome!
when are you getting married?

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:23 pm

ooo welcome white_rabbit!

FH and I are thinking about Albert st Uniting as his parents got married there eons ago. And I was just looking at the Powerhouse website and the rooftop balcony (although i only saw one photo) looks awesome - i was sad i'd have too many people for it. Do you have a date yet?

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:45 pm

welcome white rabbit. Albert st church is one of the ceremony locations we are looking at however I dont like the timings for sunday weddings so we need to think about it more

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:57 pm

We are getting married on the 24th of April 2010.
The Rooftop terrace is just stunning
http://www.brisbanepowerhouse.org/conte ... functions/
if you have a click through the photos its the room lit up with red lights.
Very alternative yet elegant - I am so excited :-)
some people have also had their ceremony on the blacony which would save on ceremony costs as the balcony is included in the rooftop hire.

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 am

white_rabbit wrote:
We are getting married on the 24th of April 2010.
The Rooftop terrace is just stunning
http://www.brisbanepowerhouse.org/conte ... functions/
if you have a click through the photos its the room lit up with red lights.
Very alternative yet elegant - I am so excited :-)
some people have also had their ceremony on the blacony which would save on ceremony costs as the balcony is included in the rooftop hire.

Welcome White Rabbit!

Albert St Uniting is lovely. And the Powerhouse is a fabulous venue! Look forward to seeing your plans as they unfold ...

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:47 am

HI girls,

Sorry to crash your thread but I was just wondering if any of you have used deja vu imagery for photography??

We are thinking about using them for our wedding.

Thanks Tegan

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Has anyone been to an engagement party or wedding out the back of Sassafras in Paddington?

whint
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:19 pm

welcome White Rabbit :)

we won't be having an engagement party... we got engaged just over a year ago and it has never come up! :roll:

well we now have our celebrant booked... yay! We have our locations booked... double yay!!

Now... my dance teacher has had to pull out due to a family illness :( Sad for both of us... but this has now left me with no dance teacher.... I was going to go with Lillywhite Dance but Kate rang yesterday to pull out .... does anyone know of any other good wedding dance teachers/choreographers? We want to do the waltz then move into the jive.... I have emailed a few places that do wedding dances but not sure if they do the jive as well???? The dance is one of the most important parts of my day.... so I hope I find the perfect one...again!

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi ladies,
Hope things are going well with your plans.

Im sure this qu has probably been asked before, but I am looking for reccomendations for somewhere to go for my hens night.

I was thinking a nice cocktail bar with eprhaps some tapas or other light food available. Maybe James Street, or Southbank, or somewhere in the city?

In case you cant tell, I dont really go out much. The last cocktail bar I went to was Lava Lounge in the Valley which I think has closed down now.

Any help would be great, thanks.

april09
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Loz& Rob...

don't know of anywhere but just wanted to say Thanks for passing on the details of your soon to be sister in law. She came over yesterday to do my hair, gave me some great tips and did a fantastic job on my hair.

Am looking forward to calling her this week to confirm my booking!

yasmin
His Princess
His Princess

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Loz&Rob wrote:
Hi ladies,
Hope things are going well with your plans.

Im sure this qu has probably been asked before, but I am looking for reccomendations for somewhere to go for my hens night.

I was thinking a nice cocktail bar with eprhaps some tapas or other light food available. Maybe James Street, or Southbank, or somewhere in the city?

In case you cant tell, I dont really go out much. The last cocktail bar I went to was Lava Lounge in the Valley which I think has closed down now.

Any help would be great, thanks.

I personally love jade buddha on eagle st - cheap(ish) cocktails, good food and a great view!
I'm not familiar with too manu places over the southbank side sorry!

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:57 am

Hi ladies, has anyone heard anything about the video company, Cherished Moments , The videographers name is Shane Dempsy? Anything would be great! Thanks

jessi_jujubean

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi Lovely Ladies!

just wondering if anyone has been married at the Belevedere hotel at Woody Point (redcliffe) at brissy north?
We are seriously looking and would love any opinions!

Also, i know prob not the right place to type this, but anyone gone on a p&o cruise for your honeymoon?

So excited, even though our big day isn't til next september. . . :D cant wait!

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Jessi - my BM's sister is having her reception at the Belvedere and so far has had no issues. Its hard not to go wrong with the view like that though!

A few girls here have had their reception's there too, I think Kristen_86 and princessbridzilla??

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:42 pm

whint wrote:
welcome White Rabbit :)

we won't be having an engagement party... we got engaged just over a year ago and it has never come up! :roll:

well we now have our celebrant booked... yay! We have our locations booked... double yay!!

Now... my dance teacher has had to pull out due to a family illness :( Sad for both of us... but this has now left me with no dance teacher.... I was going to go with Lillywhite Dance but Kate rang yesterday to pull out .... does anyone know of any other good wedding dance teachers/choreographers? We want to do the waltz then move into the jive.... I have emailed a few places that do wedding dances but not sure if they do the jive as well???? The dance is one of the most important parts of my day.... so I hope I find the perfect one...again!

i dont know where you are located but our dance teacher has a room at his house where he takes private lessons, he is in McGregor (just behind graden city) let me know if you want his details. and we are doing a jive, so i know he will be able to help you.

GorgeousGiggles
Aaron's Future Wife
Aaron's Future Wife

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:17 pm

jessi_jujubean wrote:
Hi Lovely Ladies!

just wondering if anyone has been married at the Belevedere hotel at Woody Point (redcliffe) at brissy north?
We are seriously looking and would love any opinions!

Also, i know prob not the right place to type this, but anyone gone on a p&o cruise for your honeymoon?

So excited, even though our big day isn't til next september. . . :D cant wait!

I am having my reception at the Belvedere in September this year!!! The packages are awesome!

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:16 pm

i am getting married next year in October at Cedar Creek Winery, Mt Tamborine, cant wait
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15