A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Jess_qld

Re: Gold Coast - Part 2

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:45 pm

I live in Brissie, but my wedding wil be on Gold Coast - I love it!!! definitely :)

purrsian

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm wanting to get married on the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast - looking for somewhere for a cocktail reception, preferably with ceremony and reception locations together or within walking distance. This is the place we are currently looking at... http://www.goldcoastluxuryholidayhomes.com/Panorama.html#rate. If we choose this place, we'll stay a week with our closest family, meaning the cost of our wedding actually includes a gorgeous family holiday. I *think* this is the place, but I'm still searching other places at the same time. Does anyone have any suggestions for beautiful locations for cocktail receptions? It's hard to search for, as most reception locations are suited to sit down dinners.

We're happy with either beach or garden type locations and are looking for an outdoor ceremony location - if we choose the Panorama, we will have the ceremony on the verandah. Thanks in advance for any more suggestions!

Gold Coast Celebrant

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi, Have you looked at "Coolibah Downs"? It is a lovely place, and has various sites for the ceremony.

http://www.coolibahdowns.com.au

Good luck on your wedding day.

Sheryl :heart:

alie

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi everyone. We are getting married Sept 2012 and are wanting a beach ceremony. Currently looking at Palm Beach, although there is limited parking so I am unsure. Has anyone had a wedding there?? Our reception is in Burleigh, but the beaches/parks there are always too crowded!

We are also searching for a good wet weather option but being new to the area aren't quite sure where to start... :?

forspring

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm

hi all, :) ! how is everyone's wedding preparation going? do you know any flower market(wholesale) around goldcoast?? Im getting married around the valentines day and im a bit worried about the flower cost! please let me know ! that will be much much appreciated1 :)!

ktemly

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:21 pm

It looks like it may be on South Stradbroke Island???

PommieBear

Sun May 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi ladies!
I'm a Brisbane poster but thinking of looking Gold Coast way so hullo all!!
I'm struggling on the venue , I know what I want but we only moved to Queensland 2 months ago so sourcing this wonderful venue is something of a task!
My partner has a big family so numbers are around 140 which means I want pp to be as low was possible. I am unsure as to Consumption bar or package as his family are a mix between non drinkers & big drinkers. If the drink pricing is fair i'll go consumption. Anyway I digress.... Venue: Would like somewhere that is close to reasonably priced accommodation, that will allow us to stay late and if at a hotel or near a hotel where majority of guests are staying we can play pool there after maybe. Somewhere I can organise a big breakfast for us all the next day also. Guests will be travelling along way for a long weekend wedding so we want to make the most of our time. Whilst we are foodies most of his family are meat & 3 veg palette so I want good not amazing food. A venue that we will have to ourselves so not an rsl or anything like that. Writing this is helping me know what I want ha!!
Apologies for the above brain dump - all ideas welcome & if none I look forward to reading your posts!

Should add have t

kezzel

Gold Coast wedding

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi all, new to this, I'm very similar to an earlier posting we are wanting a cocktail wedding and have been looking at the panorama in Tallai however we have 100 guests - including the bridal party. Does anyone have any other ideas?? we definitely want cocktail, we're not fussed if we have to travel to byron or up to sunshine coast but our main thing is we want somewhere where we don't have to leave the venue - somewhere that doesn't kick the guests out at midnight.. i've looked at some beautiful places in byron but a lot of them start out at nearly $10,000 just for the venue, and then you have to hire the wedding planners with it, it would just end up costing too much. anyway thats my blurb any help would be amazing :D :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07