thanks for that link im interested :D

and wow loving the prices

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Gold Coast - Part 2

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:50 am

Tammi10 wrote:
What a gorgeous spot, we looked at having our wedding down that way, but in the end due to FFIL not in the best of health we chose Mantra Suncity in surfers as close to their house.
I am using a guy called Daniel Forrest. his web site is http://www.forrestphotography.com.au He has a few different packages but he will quiet happily do up a package to suit your budget. We loved him as soon as we met up with him.
Any way hope this helps some.

Thanks :) Yea we love it, the only thing I dont like is that with 2 hotels close together, there will probably be 2 weddings on the same day. But that's just me wanting to be the centre of attention I guess. I should probably tone down the bridezilla :lol:

And thanks for the link... his prices are AMAZING. I really like his work too. FH, has decided he wants to be involved now and he doesn't like him as much. :x I said that if he can find the other $1000 for the photographer he wants then he can go and book her...
Maybe I should just set up a meeting and hope this photographer is lovely enough to charm FH.

I also loved Suncity, I think all the Mantra hotels are lovely actually... I thought it would be nice and close too but we've stayed there before and FH wanted somewhere "new and exciting" (his words) lol boys... :lol:

Tammi10

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks :) Yea we love it, the only thing I dont like is that with 2 hotels close together, there will probably be 2 weddings on the same day. But that's just me wanting to be the centre of attention I guess. I should probably tone down the bridezilla :lol:

LOL fully understand it's your special day you want everything to be about you :P
My FH was the same wasn't too sure about him just by looking at his website but after he met him he changed his mind. And I told him the same thing cause the other photographer we really liked was about double the price so decided that for our budget he was great.
When are you getting married?

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Ooo, I'll have to let FH know that he comes recommended by the girls on WC. Although if I start another sentence with "the girls on WC think..." he may call off the wedding :lol: :lol:
Our wedding is 20 Aug 2011. Can't wait til it's here but at the same time am loving the whole planning and being engaged process :D
When is yours?

Tammi10

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:51 am

LOL I know what you mean mine is sick of hearing about it too :lol:
We are getting married on 18th September this year!!! Not long now am starting to get very excited about everything. I loved all the planing and organising. Am in a lull at the moment though have just sent them out so can't really do much else at the moment until I get those back. The 2 last major things that we have to do is pay deposit for our cake and the rings and we are doing these this weekend. Bring on the Cake tasting :lol:

elsie

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Hello all,
I am wondering whether anyone here has had their reception at the Point Restaurant at Currumbin Beach (or knows anybody who has). I know that they have recently changed owners and revamped the place and menu but I cannot seem to find any reviews by anybody who has held a function there.
Thanks.

Tammi10

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

I haven't been there since the new owners took over, but I know that my hairdresser is going to a wedding there, I will ask her what it is like and let you know.

elsie

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks Tammi that would be great. :)

Tammi10

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Can anyone recommended a good place to go and get a facial and tanning that's not too expensive. In surfers would be great as this is where we are having the wedding. Thanks in advance.

vicplayf13
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:27 pm

hi Tammi - i dont know anywhere in Surfers but from what my beautician said the ohter day you shouldnt get either facials or a spray tan done the day of your wedding. it should be done a few days b4 - i was recommend to have a facial on the wednesday or thursday for my saturday wedding.

if you wanna have a indulgent stress relief thing before ur weddingt - on the day - look at a relaxing massage or getting nails redone or something wear problems are less likely to happen after the appointyment
I see from your location under ur username section your in Nerang? are you a Gold Coast resident? if so, i'd check out Pure Indulgence at Robina SHopping Centre - near Big W - the girls have been getting me into a skincare regime leading up to my wedding and im having regular facials (every 4 weeks or so) to keepy my face hydrated etc.

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Yep I agree, don't get tanning done on the day of your wedding.
Surfers is also going to be the most expensive so if you can get it done elsewhere it'd be much better!
Yay for cake tasting too, who are you using Tammi?

Tammi10

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks for the recommendation vicplayf13 I will go check them out as yes am on the coast. Yes, girls that I work with told me to have it on about the Wed/Thurs before the wedding to allow it to settle down. The only reason I asked about surfers is that my bridesmaids that are coming from interstate are staying at the resort all week and thought that it would be easier for us all to walk in to get them done. But I think that I might look else where to find somewhere a bit cheaper.
I am going with a lady who operates out of the new Marina Quays Market place. The business is called Sweet Boutique & she is amazing at what she can create plus she isn't that expensive compared to a lot of other cake places.

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I love the marina quays markets, I live just down the road and it's so handy.
There is girl who has a shop there full of wedding stuff, earrings, veils, hens stuff, personalised cufflinks and socks etc.
She is quite reasonably priced too.

Yea, the Wed/Thurs before is a good idea. If you drive it may be easier getting out of surfers, if not then walking distance is probably good.
I've never had a spray tan (embracing the pale :D) so I cant recommend anyone but I can ask my sister who she uses if you need a rec?

natrev78
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Gold Coast Girls. I haven't been on this Gold Coast thread before as I got married seven weeks ago in Melbourne, but I live on the Gold Coast. I'm actually just wondering whether anyone would be interested in helping me out by having a Lorraine Lea linen party (and of course, getting free linen for yourself). I've just started up and am looking for some parties to help get me started. It's a great idea for a bridal shower too - you end up with heaps of free linen - towels, sheets, doona covers, placemats...whatever you like. I'd be so appreciative if anyone is interested. Thank you.

Tammi10

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 am

dandas wrote:
I love the marina quays markets, I live just down the road and it's so handy.
There is girl who has a shop there full of wedding stuff, earrings, veils, hens stuff, personalised cufflinks and socks etc.
She is quite reasonably priced too.

Yea, the Wed/Thurs before is a good idea. If you drive it may be easier getting out of surfers, if not then walking distance is probably good.
I've never had a spray tan (embracing the pale :D) so I cant recommend anyone but I can ask my sister who she uses if you need a rec?

Yes isn't she great. She is getting in a couple of brooches for me to go on my bridesmaid dresses & I think I will have a look in there for some earrings for myself & the girls.
I've never had a spray tan myself but I have really noticeable tan lines and as my dress is strapless thought it looked a little silly. I am going to ask around the office as quiet a few of the younger girls are very girlie and should be able to recommend some where for us to go. They have been useful with their recommendations for where to go to get manicures and the fake nails.

LISSY_2B_OBRIEN
Everything happens 4 a reason
Everything happens 4 a reason

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey guys.....please see my post regarding Quality Hotels Mermaid Waters - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116867&p=1837604#p1837604

CarlyLovesJake

Beach or Winnery??

Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi everyone , i'm new on here and wanted to say hi!!
My FH and i meet on the gold coast 3 yrs ago and now are travelling around Australia.We Just got Engaged while on our trip in Alice springs.
We want to get married back on the goldy , but i'm kinda in two minds , at first we were thinking of having our wedding at a winnery, but after looking into it , it is kinda turning out to be a little expensive.
So now we're considering a beach wedding , maybe at Tugan SLSC or Burleigh SLSC , can anyone give me some feedback of these places please.
Plus i'm still not totally sure about changing venues , i'm totally undersided now.Help!!
Also the fact that we are going to be organising everything over the phone because we'll still be travelling oz and prob will be in Perth just before the wedding.
It all kinda seems inpossible.
:?

nella

Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi everyone. It is 10 months until our wedding and we still aren't 100% on a venue! We were thinking having the ceremony at St Margarets Chapel (at the Arts Centre) and the reception at Evergreen Restaurant. Has anyone been to either?

Was also thinking about Boulevard Gardens in Brisbane but would prefer a chapel.

Does anyone know any other chapels on the GC close to surfers?

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:24 pm

There is a chapel at coolibah downs (you can just use the chapel if you want) its stunning!!

I no a few people who have had their wedding at coolibah and have found no fault with the food

nella

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:33 pm

I have looked at Coolibah Downs and it is amazing! How far would it be from there to Surfers?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11