A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Re: Gold Coast - Part 2

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:24 pm

sandy_1902 wrote:
thanks for that

i am so glad i 'fired' my photographer.. i sent her such a nice message last night saying i wont need her sevices etc while i loved my epics im over the lies etc..

and she deleted me of her facebook... no message back nothing!! i was pretty gobsmacked..

Oh my gosh. 8O That's so rude! What exactly did she lie about? I hope you get your deposit back (if you paid one).

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 pm

oh a number of things,

that she was sending me a disk of all our epics.. time and time again about when they would be ready, and the just got rude towards the end when i just tried to talk to her so its just like.. sigh anouther thing i have to deal with! im not even going to bother,, it was oly 100 so covered the epics

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:45 pm

sandy_1902 wrote:
oh a number of things,

that she was sending me a disk of all our epics.. time and time again about when they would be ready, and the just got rude towards the end when i just tried to talk to her so its just like.. sigh anouther thing i have to deal with! im not even going to bother,, it was oly 100 so covered the epics

Oh okay. 8O I hope you find someone awesome! I was about to recommend our wedding photographer, but then I remembered...We're getting married on the same day!! :mrgreen: *lol*

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:48 pm

haha yes im already annoyed you cant do it!! i need to stop looking at your website lol

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:01 pm

I need some help on a ceremony sight.. near southport but Not southport, but not to far away lol.

any ideas?? lookig for a garden maybe by the beach or something

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:27 am

sandy - not sure what parks are around that area but maybe a drive will do the trick to help find the spot

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:27 am

What about McIntosh Island? There's no beach views but it's a nice park there (I hope I got the name right, it's ages since I've been there!).

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 am

yeah you got it right..

df doesnt like that park.. no idea why

we are thinking the benowa gardens maybe

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 am

does anyone have pictures of a weddding at rosser park in benowa??

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm getting married there in a month I'll let you know how I go :)

~Becc~

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey Ladies :) Is anyone planning a wedding at the North Burliegh Surf Livesaving Club, or been too a wedding their before?

cheryblk

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:58 am

We want to get married on the Gold Coast beach - I still do not know where is trying to find 'that' point. But was told that Palm Beach is a very good area, and not so tourist.

allskt06

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this forum, so I hope I am posting in the right section..

I wanting some help. Ifeel I am going round in circles. I want to get married in the Gold Coast or Hinterland region, but fail to find anything I really want. I could be asking too much. All I want is a place where I can have both ceremony and reception in the one place, I want buffet with drinks packages included maximum of $90 per/head for approx 50 people, as we are on a budget and our families won't really help out with that part.. :roll:

Can anyone out there help me? I am pulling my hair out going through one after the other.. :cry:

~Becc~

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm

allskt06 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this forum, so I hope I am posting in the right section..

I wanting some help. Ifeel I am going round in circles. I want to get married in the Gold Coast or Hinterland region, but fail to find anything I really want. I could be asking too much. All I want is a place where I can have both ceremony and reception in the one place, I want buffet with drinks packages included maximum of $90 per/head for approx 50 people, as we are on a budget and our families won't really help out with that part.. :roll:

Can anyone out there help me? I am pulling my hair out going through one after the other.. :cry:

What style are you after?? Beach.... Garden.... ???

Im getting Married at the North Burleigh Surf Livesaving Club, because I also wanted a buffet menu and the benefits of a ceremony and reception at the same venue, that was also good priced :tick: !!!!!

Good Luck with finding your perfect venue!!

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:45 pm

hey girls

is there any chance anyone has a single hoop i could borrow for an hour or so to see what my dress looks like with one underneath?? i dont want to buy one and then not like it

hezzc

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me with some info/ reviews on a couple of locations...

1. An island hideaway at Stradbroke Island?
and
2. Mantra on Salt (at Kingscliff)
and 3. Peppers Salt Resort (at Kinscliff)

If you've had a wedding here or been to one, or had any dealinds I'd love to get some feedback :) Thanks ladies!

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:01 am

hezzc wrote:
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me with some info/ reviews on a couple of locations...

and

If you've had a wedding here or been to one, or had any dealinds I'd love to get some feedback :) Thanks ladies!

hezzc - can't help you with an island hideaway and peppers salt but i have stayed at mantra and loved it...we did think of changing our wedding to there but i would be devastated if i didn't have it at mt tamborine as i love it up there soo much

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm

hezzc wrote:

and

I looked at all these venues, and we are getting married at the Peppers Resort and Spa (Kingscliff) in August this year, so obviously I'm quite biased toards that one.
Mantra and Peppers are pretty much the same, it just depends what kind of wedding you want. We are getting married at the contemplation pond/gardens at Peppers and then having the reception in the ballroom there.
If you were after a beach ceremony though Mantra might be the way to go as the hotel itself has more of a 'beachy' feel to it, although they are both equally lovely resorts, just differ in decor a little. The packages are still the same for either one, Mantra is a little cheaper accommodation-wise but guests can choose to stay in either resort as they are so close.
Have you been down there to look around? It is a really lovely place, and Louise (the main co-ordinator) and Jolene (AV and decorations etc) are lovely and very helpful. Let me know if you want any more info re: options to break down the packages/decoration prices as you can get them (still through the resort) cheaper than what the downloadable wedding kit says. However, 2 hotels means 2 weddings a day, you may be lucky and be the only wedding, but Louise says this happens rarely, so you might have to be prepared to see another bride if you are having photos at popular spots.

Island Hideaway was our other major contender but we decided we didn't really like it. Don't get me wrong, the beach there is beautful, the idea of everyone going out on a boat together is lovely, the service is excellent and it is quite reasonably priced given usual GC prices and the inclusions. What we didn't like is the fact that you only get the island or a nominated number of hours so I would've tried to cram lots in to get the longest reception possible.
By the time you allow 1/2 hr before the ceremony, 1/2 for the ceremony, 1/2 for mingling/congratulations, 1.5hrs for photos, that only leaves MAX 5 hours at the reception, which if you start at 5.30 means you have to be gone by 10.30pm. That wasn't really long enough for us (saying that Peppers only allows til midnight, but the ceremony can be as early as you like.) Also after seeing the facilities at Peppers, Island Hideaway looked a little uh aged to us... the reception venue just didn't compare. But, I think the ceremony would be more lovely at Island Hideaway as you wouldn't have to share the beach with families and the open air chapel there is beautiful.

This is all my opinion of course, you should really go look at em yourself to get a feel for what is important to you. I haven't been to a wedding at any of these, but I'm a major over-organiser so I researched thoroughly lol.
Sorry for the EPIC post btw :)

hezzc

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Dandas-
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! Your epic reply was very muchly welcome :) At the moment I'm actually based in Mt Isa so I've been scouring the internet getting ideas for venues from afar and I keep coming back to these ones- your information was muchly appreciated... It's hard plannng from a distance but its way too exxy to fly down for a look til I can organise a bunch of things to do in the one weekend. At the moment I'm waiting for a reply back form the Peppers/Mantra organiser (name blank!) about minimum numbers etc- but I've been looking at these places as I like the idea of having everythign at the one place. If you don't mind me asking, how many guests are you having? Where abouts are you having your reception at Peppers? in one of their rooms?

Thanks for your feedback :) Good luck with your preparations!

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 pm

hezzc wrote:
Dandas-
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! Your epic reply was very muchly welcome :) At the moment I'm actually based in Mt Isa so I've been scouring the internet getting ideas for venues from afar and I keep coming back to these ones- your information was muchly appreciated... It's hard plannng from a distance but its way too exxy to fly down for a look til I can organise a bunch of things to do in the one weekend. At the moment I'm waiting for a reply back form the Peppers/Mantra organiser (name blank!) about minimum numbers etc- but I've been looking at these places as I like the idea of having everythign at the one place. If you don't mind me asking, how many guests are you having? Where abouts are you having your reception at Peppers? in one of their rooms?

Thanks for your feedback :) Good luck with your preparations!

Not a problem, glad I could help!
Must be hard being so far away! We had trouble deciding and that was with seeing the venues, so I can only imagine what just looking at websites would be like. If you come down for a weekend you should definitely check out all the places, but I can understand wanting feedback, I bet it's expensive coming all that way!

Yea Peppers/Mantra have the same coordinator, Louise, honestly I found she can be a little slow to reply but I'm someone that will check my email every 10 minutes, it takes her a few days which isn't too bad I guess, but I like to be organised early.
Apparently, on the day, Louise runs the Mantra wedding and Jolene the Peppers wedding. Jolene is just as good even though technically she just is involved in AV/deco, she has always been SUPER helpful with all my bajillion questions.
When are you looking at getting married? During peak months, I think September to May (basically not winter I think) they have a min. of 80 people. Winter there is no min. but they include free canapés if your wedding is over 50(?) people. It's been a while since we booked so I'm a little sketchy on details but I think that's right...

We are having about 110 guests (FH has LOTS of family, I have none lol) and the reception will be in the Peppers "Ballroom". They call it a ballroom, but honestly it's more like a nice function room. It's massive and very nice, but ballroom conjures images of chandeliers and gorgeous wall paper and a more old fashioned feel, where as there rooms definitely have a more modern theme. All neutral colours, pillarless and new. Both Mantra and Peppers have one room like this, they are both just off the foyer. They section off into 3 and you pay room hire depending on how big you want the room.

We also loved the idea of having everything in one place, including accommodation, we are planning to stay there for a few days, kinda make a weekend out of it. Hope I've helped a little more, let me know if you need anything else :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Gold Coasters!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53