A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

tamflowers
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: North Queensland

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 pm

For ladies who are getting married in Mackay I just found out about Campbells Cash and Carry. It's a warehouse that only sells to people with an ABN, having said that, it doesn't matter what industry you're in, so long as you have an ABN. My Step Father is a Chippie and has an ABN so my Mum and I are going there to get the lollies for the wedding. They have big bags of lollies, and all sorts of food there which is great, I saw the lollies and lolly pops for between $10 - $15 a bag of between 1 - 1.5kgs. So for between $30 - $40 I can get all of the lollies for the guests without having to worry about postage ect!!!
If you know anybody, or know anybody who knows somebody that has an ABN in ANY sort of industry, go on over there and get your food for the wedding for nix!!! Apparently it's where all of the local businesses go to get all of their food supplies. AND they even have SPECIALS!!! I got a bag of about 175 santa chocolates there this week marked down to $5!!!
I just had to tell you all.
Tam

min2807

free Trash The Dress session - March Bundaberg

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 am

I've been keeping an eye on my photographers website and blog since the wedding because i love her work so much (naomivphotography). Today I noticed that she mentioned some other photographers who are friends of hers and very good as well. This was on one of their blogs.... thought it might be useful to a bride or former bride out there.

"Trash the Dress - Free session offer!
Something that I have wanted to do for some time is a “Trash the Dress” session. This can be hard to offer to clients as here in Bundaberg it is almost unheard of. What am I talking about I hear you say? Have a look at my all time favourite video online here: http://www.stillmotionblog.com/?p=139

I am looking for a couple that have recently been married (or maybe are engaged, or just in love!) and are happy to be my models for this shoot. It will be most likely held in March (whilst still warm) on a weekend, later in the afternoon for that lovely warm light. In return for their clothing and time they will receive a free booking fee and a 8*12 print (valued at $125). The bride will need to either wear her own gown or mine (sized 6/8). It will be great fun that’s guaranteed I am looking for an adventurous couple that are happy to do what I am envisioning.

Interested? Please email me at susan@susanwall.com.au Due to the needs of this shoot I will be asking for several couples to come and meet me and then I shall choose a couple that are most suitable. Please email me any questions you may have."

Her website is http://www.susanwall.com.au, take a look

mackay

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Sarah Jane :)
Yes I found a band (well a duo but close enough!). We are having Karma.... they used to be The Fix but one of the guys has moved down south so they are now just a duo! We went to Souths Leagues club last weekend for our engagement dinner (just family and our attendants) and they were playing there and my dad went and asked them if they did weddings as he thought they were great! They are reasonably priced too - not much more than what a DJ was going to cost!!! Let me know if you want their number :) How are the rest of your plans going?

mackay

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:26 pm

tamflowers wrote:
For ladies who are getting married in Mackay I just found out about Campbells Cash and Carry.

Hi Tam,
Thanks for that! I am yet to decide what to have for our gift things (can never remember the name!), but thinking of having jelly beans or our fav lollies in those little clear boxes? Might have to go and have a look and see what we can find (my parnter has an abn so....).

carly_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Sorry girls, im not up for the public scrutinising what i write. PM me if u want to keep in touch through the planning process. Best of luck!
Last edited by carly_s on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mackay

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Carly,
I am using Debbie Moss, although that probably won't help you as she is having a baby is May (I think its May!). Just a suggestion, maybe you could call where you are getting married at Hamilton Island and ask them for any reccommedations. Not too sure what their prices would be like but if they come recommended from there then you would think they would know about some great locations and what works and what doesn't which will definately show in the photos!
Hope :)

Also..... Can anyone recommend hair and make up people in the Mackay area? I would prefer a mobile person but if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great!

mish79

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:42 pm

I would also be interested in hair and make up in mackay. I am finding it hard to find mobile people which is what I really want. I think it would make the day so much easier!!

Breesmum
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:39 am

is there anyone in here getting married in Cairns?

tamflowers
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am

It is REALLY hard to find mobile hair and make up people in Mackay. I think one of the ways is to ask around at Hairdressers, waxers, ect and ask if they know of or can recommend anybody. We're getting our hair done at my Mum's hairdresser and just going to a local pharmacy to get our make up done by a inexpensive make up technician that's close by. Even though Mackay is getting MUCH bigger of late, the services haven't really kept up with the growth of the area and it's really sad and makes it even more stressful in a time that is already stressful enough.
Tam

Rachel007

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:42 pm

anyone looking for cheap chair covers and decor hire

ange11

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi girls :D

I'm getting married in Agnes Water/1770 on 13th September & i'm finding it hard to find music for our reception!!

I have been looking for someone (DJ or Band - i'm happy with either) in the Bundaberg & Gladstone areas to travel to this area...but i'm not having much luck...there doesn't seem to be many in the searches i've been doing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for music around the bundy/gladstone region??

:heart:

09/09/09

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2bmarried

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 am

Hi

I am getting married at the Dolphin Heads Resort Mackay in just over a week... 11/07/09....not long now.. :-)

09/09/09

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:51 am

Trudles

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi

I'm thinking of getting married in Port Douglas cause this is where we got engaged + we just loved the place. Has anyone used Port Douglas Catering b4??? Or does anyone have any advice for a wedding in Port Douglas??????

Chickology

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi Trudles,
Welcome to WC, why don't you come and join us in the Port Douglas thread viewtopic.php?f=46&t=55306

I am planning a PD wedding and that thread (Dee in particular!) has been really useful to me!

carly

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi could I please have any feedback from people that have been married at, or enquired to get married at Villia Botanica in Airlie Beach? I have been looking at the website and it looks amazing but am concerned about the cost as it looks so spectacular. If anyone could please help me with prices that would be great.

09/09/09

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi carly

I enquired ages ago about this place villabotanica and she sent me some prices on email i will try and find - but all i did was email them and she sent me some packages/prices it started at min 20 people and up i think, it looked amazing and i wished i had done this and only invited a few of my close family!
The package covered loads of things which was great and i was impressed but prices started from $5000 up wards but i would send them an email with up to date prices.(as it could be all different now)

Hope this helps :)

http://www.villabotanica.com.au/index.php

ayla77

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm

I am getting married in port douglas in a little church overlooking the beach!! it's going to be a gorgeous ceremony! :D :D

Raegan

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi,
I was just wondering if you guys know of any mobile hair and makeup people in mackay i thought i was organised but i left this out opps any help would be appriciated thanks :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11