A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Luckycharm

Re: Perth

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:25 am

We're having our wedding & reception at the Sittella Winery. We LOVE the food, that was the main requirement but the outside is also lovley. Our sit down menu will run about $75 per person, so for 80 people it's 6k. Since your guests aren't heavy drinkers, you can minimise your drink package. The wedding coodinator, Stephanie, is wonderful and quick at responding to e-mails. It's not as lavish as Caversham, but I would rather have more money for the honeymoon than an hour ceremony location.

Garden Girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 pm

have you looked at getting a marquee and catering in somewhere on the foreshore?

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Perth ladies,

Trying to gather some support for a Perth bride/married gals catch up! Is anyone interested in something like this?

Some of the girls and I did one in late 2010 and it was fabulous! We had coffee and chatted for a few hours about anything and everything wedding and non-wedding related.

PM me if you have any questions or are nervous :D I promise I won't bite!

Hope there is someone out there that wants to catch up with an old married gal like me :(

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Mrs Manco wrote:
Hi Perth ladies,

Trying to gather some support for a Perth bride/married gals catch up! Is anyone interested in something like this?

Some of the girls and I did one in late 2010 and it was fabulous! We had coffee and chatted for a few hours about anything and everything wedding and non-wedding related.

PM me if you have any questions or are nervous :D I promise I won't bite!

Hope there is someone out there that wants to catch up with an old married gal like me :(

Maybe I should fly over for a weekend instead of getting my Cricut...You know that I would do that too, yes!? :heart:

Nawww you're a sweetie pie :heart: I wouldn't want you missing out on your Cricut though! Not in a million years! :D

lisha_1988

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 am

A fantastic guy has set up a FB page specifically for Perth brides! Come join us so we can all help one another out :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/perthwed ... 620250089/

adelem
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:03 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142393519184535/

This facebook group for brides is awesome too :) also a great spot to sell your stuff after the wedding aswell

lilmisshaley

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 am

Hi girls! I live in Perth but are getting married in Auckland, NZ 9th Feb 2013. My fiance and I have been living in Perth for 10 months now and love it here! So far finding it ok planning the wedding from here, but will probably get harder as we get closer.

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Welcome lilmisshaley! My friend did the same thing (planning a wedding in NZ from Perth) but she did have some family in the area to run around and do things for her. Have you got some people "on the ground" that can help you out?

September2562

Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 am

Hi girls! Our date is 22nd september and we are having trouble finding a photographer and a dj, any reccomendations? We are on a tight budget (which has been blown three times!!) Idealy id love a photographer who could put all our photos onto a disk that we could then print ourselves.
Thankyou :)

robbieslady

Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 am

September2562 wrote:
Hi girls! Our date is 22nd september and we are having trouble finding a photographer and a dj, any reccomendations? We are on a tight budget (which has been blown three times!!) Idealy id love a photographer who could put all our photos onto a disk that we could then print ourselves.
Thankyou :)

Hi, try Kevin McGinn, he was reasonably priced and provides your edited photos on a disc.

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm

lisha_1988 wrote:
A fantastic guy has set up a FB page specifically for Perth brides! Come join us so we can all help one another out :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/perthwed ... 620250089/

I just joined :D

Hi all - we are looking at a venue in the Swan Valley next weekend so hopefully we'll have a set date & venue. I feel like I can't start properly planning til I have this in place, so very excited if we go ahead with this.

robbieslady

Mon May 28, 2012 5:37 am

nelle_mrs2b wrote:

Hi all - we are looking at a venue in the Swan Valley next weekend so hopefully we'll have a set date & venue. I feel like I can't start properly planning til I have this in place, so very excited if we go ahead with this.

What venue are you looking at? I love the Swan Valley, we looked at a few there :)
Do you have a date in mind?

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm

robbieslady wrote:
nelle_mrs2b wrote:

What venue are you looking at? I love the Swan Valley, we looked at a few there :)
Do you have a date in mind?

We are looking at Valley View on Saturday morning. The website looks lovely & the events planner seemed nice, and I like the fact the package price per person includes everything, ie ceremony costs, meals, beverages, linen etc.

We want April 2013 so will see what they have.

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 pm

So we made our booking at Valley View for 19th April 2013 last week. I'm excited to finally have the date so I can start planning everything around that.

Few questions for the Perth ladies...

-Ilkka Kadala Photography... anyone used him? Or know someone who has? I am impressed by his work on his website/fb page, also impressed with his view on weddings and his package cost. Just curious if anyone can give a personal review?

- Valley View's own DJ. Anyone used him?

I'm a bit behind in planning. I wish I could contribute more on the Perth Wedding FB page - but my work has banned FB access so I can only look at forums. Wish I could cos I seem to be doing most of my wedding planning/browsing at work lol.

skittles88

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 pm

nelle_mrs2b wrote:

Nelle, I know exactly what you mean ! It felt like nothing was really cemented in the ground until we found our Reception Venue (Esplanade River Suites, Water Wall Room).

We looked at a few before this one and wasn't entirely convinced each venue we went to see.. which made me panic even more !
(These are BYO Food Venues)
Swan Districts Football club- which is fantastic INSIDE but because we have alot of smokers in the family I didn't want everyone bailing on my party to go downstairs for a smoke!

The Boulevard Centre- Really beautiful function rooms for younger couples (No spirits allowed though)

I don't think we went to any other's, we ended up deciding not to go BYO just because I couldn't be bothered hiring caterer on top of everything else arggh!!

adelem
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 pm

http://www.abia.com.au/ this site has a directory and the ratings of every supplier from celebrants, photographers, flowers etc and the ratings come from brides that have used the services.

adelem
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm

GET over $1000 on your wedding NOW FOR FREE! Download the free app' http://moblalbum.com/hAL6jZ5SaQ/gallery/93650
& select add to home screen. With 10 of Perth's top Wedding Suppliers
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28