A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Re: Adelaide - Part 2

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Haven't been to Tiffins on the park but hope it goes well!

Does anyone have recs for a restaurant in the west end of town (hindley st, north terrace, king william st)?
Want somewhere to hold my hens dinner that's nice, not too exxy and has a bar as well.
We will more than likely be going to Madam Josephine's after so don't want to have to walk all over....

~sara~

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks girls!
FH is very excited! hehe.

I have 3 children 5, 2.5 and 1 and am studying at uni full time, so I need to be organised. Hard enough keeping up with all that without adding wedding planning into the mix.

Jess, you could have dinner there beforehand? I don't venture in to town very often, so I'm not much help. Hope you find somewhere.

.Danni.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi girls!

FH & I have secured the cycad collection in the botanic gardens for our wedding ceremony (which we are VERY ecxcited about! :D), but we don't really have any ideas how we're going to set it up... Has anyone been to a wedding here and/or have any ideas they could share?

~sara~

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Hello,

well, went to Tiffins. It was okay, but it is a lot smaller then we thought it would be. If we were having a smaller amount of guests at the reception, it would be fine.

I have no idea who from FH's family would come over from Sydney, his mum thinks NONE of them :o :cry: which makes me sad, considering his Aunty and co went over to the USA last year for a family wedding. *sigh* He keeps asking his mum about all these people and she says 'nah, don't invite them they won't come anyway', but that's not the point and she doesn't know if they will or not, I mean it is FH's wedding! They are his family, he grew up over there and were a big part of his life up until FH and his parents and siblings moved here 10 years ago. Maybe she's just saying that to save us money, I dunno.

Anyway, we have 2 other places we are considering. Would have loved Glen Ewin Estate, but it's out of our budget :cry: So, we have..... Adelaide Royal Coach and Adelaide Pavillion. At the moment I'm leaning towards Adelaide Royal Coach, because we get DJ, a room for the night of, centrepieces if we want them, chair covers etc, everything we'd need/want for a very decent price. If only their customer service was better! I called yesterday morning to arrange a time for us to look at the hotel and the functions manager wasn't available so the girl said she'd leave a message and get her to call me back, I'm still waiting. I just sent her an email, so lets see if that helps!

ohhh........ Danni, I just checked out your S&T and saw you've booked the Pavillion! Great to hear you've had a good experience with them so far. Will definitely be checking them out!

bride2be2010

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi girls,

I realise most of you possibly already have ur wedding dresses but just in case...I am looking to sell my Maggie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the Adelaide in light gold (more like a champagne colour) and is a size 12. It has been taken up in the hem very slightly and has a tie up back, so could fit a size 12-16. I purchased the dress from Jenny and Gerrys and I am looking to sell it for $850 ono. The dress comes with the Maggie Sottero certificate.

Please feel free to PM me for further information or more photos of the dress. I truly loved my wedding dress but it's taking up way too much space in our wardrobe and I don't plan on wearing it again! It has been dry cleaned and boxed.

Here is a link to a photo of me in the dress:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/viewBri...fstyle%3dA3157

And the official Maggie page:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...15&style=A3157

:D

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey everyone! It's been a while, nice to see some new faces in here. :D

Good luck selling your dress bride2be2010 - it's absolutely gorgeous but I already have my quota of dresses. Apparently three is enough for any girl. *sigh*

Sara - I don't think you're mad booking things so far ahead. If you know what you want, it's much better to book it now than potentially miss out later because you thought it was too soon. We booked our big stuff about 18 months ahead of time and it meant we didn't miss out on anything we wanted - yay! We have the same issue with all of FH's family being in Melbourne. We're inviting them all but we only have a very vague idea about which of them will actually come over. We were planning to send out our invitations quite early so we had a better idea of numbers as soon as possible, but it looks like that's not going to happen now.

Danni - congratulations on booking the Cycad Collections - that is a stunning spot! Before you start thinking about decorating ideas, you might like to check the terms and conditions of your booking as I believe there are some restrictions on what you can and can't have there. That might help you narrow down your options a bit anyway.

As for me, invitations are my biggest nightmare at the moment. I booked a supplier three months ago and have been having all sorts of problems with her. I designed the invitations myself and supplied all of the materials, so she only had to print and assemble them for me. Anyway, she has been avoiding me for the last month and I have no idea how much she has actually done, if anything. I've been trying for two weeks to get the materials back from her, but she's just being impossible. We were planning to send our invitations out next week, but obviously that's not going to happen now. Grrrrr! :evil: It's under eleven weeks for us now - scary!

.Danni.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Kellyansapansa wrote:
Danni - congratulations on booking the Cycad Collections - that is a stunning spot! Before you start thinking about decorating ideas, you might like to check the terms and conditions of your booking as I believe there are some restrictions on what you can and can't have there. That might help you narrow down your options a bit anyway.

As for me, invitations are my biggest nightmare at the moment. I booked a supplier three months ago and have been having all sorts of problems with her. I designed the invitations myself and supplied all of the materials, so she only had to print and assemble them for me. Anyway, she has been avoiding me for the last month and I have no idea how much she has actually done, if anything. I've been trying for two weeks to get the materials back from her, but she's just being impossible. We were planning to send our invitations out next week, but obviously that's not going to happen now. Grrrrr! :evil: It's under eleven weeks for us now - scary!

Don't worry, we read the contract well before booking it! I think I mean more the set up more so than decorating, if that makes sense... probably not. haha

Oh wow!! I can't even imagine how much of a nightmare your invite situation is!! I hope it gets sorted out soon & you get your invites. It's scary to think there are so many unreliable people out there!

sallyison

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi Girls

do any of you know where i can buy lollies in bulk for our lolly buffet? I have googled but cant seem to find anywhere Adelaide.

TIA :D

sara

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 pm

I think it is much better to buy from somewhere online.

We are getting our lollies from here
http://www.goodygoodygumdrops.com.au/shop/cart.php

The only place in Adelaide I can think of, that would be a decent price, would be Campbells Cash & Carry, but you need an ABN to shop there. Everywhere else that we found (lolly shops, Melba's etc) were more expensive than somewhere online.

Good luck!

daphnes87

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 am

Do any of you ladies know where there are good bridesmaid dresses?? I dont want the boob tube A-line dress. I want something different. Cant find a nice design!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 pm

daphnes87 wrote:
Do any of you ladies know where there are good bridesmaid dresses?? I dont want the boob tube A-line dress. I want something different. Cant find a nice design!

Have you tried "normal" stores like Wild Child, Pilgrim, Seduce, etc? Even Myer has some great brands like Wayne Cooper, Nicola Finetti, etc.

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:23 pm

I thought some of you might be interested in this giant trash the dress photo shoot. 8)

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 am

Where is everyone? :lol: Any updates?

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:36 am

i have less than 3 wks to go and time is very precious atm so i'm not online as much!
will be glad when i go on annual leave the week before the wedding!!!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 am

Wow Jess - that's really exciting. Best of luck with the last three weeks!

hannah86

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm

sara wrote:
I think it is much better to buy from somewhere online.

We are getting our lollies from here
http://www.goodygoodygumdrops.com.au/shop/cart.php

The only place in Adelaide I can think of, that would be a decent price, would be Campbells Cash & Carry, but you need an ABN to shop there. Everywhere else that we found (lolly shops, Melba's etc) were more expensive than somewhere online.

Good luck!

Maybe a bit late to reply :wink: but you can shop at Campbells without an ABN. You just need to go to their office and they sign a form for you that you can use for a day.

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:13 pm

This weather is awful! It's my hens night tomorrow night, I have a cold, I bought a cute little dress to wear and now it's going to be freezing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 am

Check this out ladies:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/rocked-the-frock-now-trashing-the-dress-takes-the-cake/story-e6fredpu-1225948867808

Is anyone else doing a Trash The Dress shoot after their wedding?

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 am

Kellyansapansa wrote:
Check this out ladies:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/rocked-the-frock-now-trashing-the-dress-takes-the-cake/story-e6fredpu-1225948867808

Is anyone else doing a Trash The Dress shoot after their wedding?

Not Me!! I couldnt imagine destroying my dress!!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Oh, I should have said that I'm not wearing my actual dress! There's no way I'm destroying that. I bought a cheapie from eBay!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26