A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Re: Adelaide - Part 2

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:07 am

Julez wrote:
Hey Everyone!! Came across this bridal dress auction if anyone is interested!!

http://www.weddingsa.com/evansclarke/default.htm

this auction finishes today - some real bargains on there 8O

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 am

any suggestions for tailors in adelaide apart from tailors of distinction? we want to get FH a made to measure suit and am budgeting up to $500. is this possible? we're near town (parkside) but can go south, west or northeast if need be...preferably not way north.

Milly03

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey Jetsetterjess,

I think there is a good one near the Arndale shopping centre somewhere, a friend of mine went there to get the suits made for her wedding and he was pretty cheap, and he ended up making all of her BM's dresses as well.......though this is not much help without the name of the place!

I will try and find out and let you know :)

sallyison

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Who is everyone using for their hair and makeup?

Id like to get a mobile artist but having a bugger of a time. I had a lady booked in for a trial on Saturday, and she turned up an hour late & and didnt even call to say she was running behind :e_evil:

So now trying to start all over again :(

b2b??

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Hey Sallyison, I haven't organised my hair and makeup yet as we are still in the early stages of planning, but my friend is using Ninette's for her wedding this October (I'm one of the bridesmaids). We had a trial with them earlier this month and they did a really good job. I think it's costing us $180 each for both hair and makeup. We had the trial in their store but on the day they'll be coming to us.

For our wedding so far we've decided on a location now and a rough time ("late next year" FH says) so I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see when they're available and hopefully choosing a date that way. I've always been interested in animals and the environment, and I'm a life member of the zoo, so we're looking at Monarto Zoological Park for both our ceremony and reception.

Since FH is still completing his PhD I'll be in charge of organising most things so will probably be on here for inspiration fairly often :D

Oh, and I found THE dress on the weekend when I was on an op-shop tour with my FMIL and her mum. It fit perfectly and only cost me $60 (see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=117011 for pics). I'm going to get rid of the bows on the sleeves, probably change it to cap sleeve style using the material that is currently making the bows??? not 100% sure yet.

Anyway my main concern is to keep the wedding as environmentally friendly as possible.

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 am

I'm using Karen Hedger of Complete Look for both hair and makeup. She is fabulous and such a lovely person!

Oh, and the auction that jetsetterjess mentioned is back online. Apparently they're just going to keep relisting the unsold dresses until they sell! I bought a dress for $150 for my TTD shoot.

sallyison

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Kellyansapansa wrote:
I'm using Karen Hedger of Complete Look for both hair and makeup. She is fabulous and such a lovely person!

Oh, and the auction that jetsetterjess mentioned is back online. Apparently they're just going to keep relisting the unsold dresses until they sell! I bought a dress for $150 for my TTD shoot.

where abouts is the auction? The original link from jetsetterjess isnt working.

01Kitty_Kat

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Well I flew home 2 weeks ago and did some wedding organising!

I went up to Camelot Castle where we are having our wedding in Nov 2011. Its everything i hoped for and more and now im super excited about our day!!!

Got my photographer sorted too. She is based in Redwood Park and her name is Allison Hernach. Her work looks simply beautiful and after speaking with her at length, I love her manner - I think she will be great with our guests. Very calming, gentle and thoughtful person!

I think she is putting me in touch with a hairdresser too, and also a celebrant.

In other news, a friend of mine asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding this October so coming home for that. She is having her wedding at Al-Ru farm in One Tree Hill. Very excited! Ive never been a bridesmaid before!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:37 pm

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 pm

^ yep that auction site is great. i bought my veil ($12.50) from there and saw the dresses which are gorgeous.
we also bought a 7 pc dining suite for $275. we were in le cornu on the weekend and saw the same chairs at $100 per chair and the table would have been at least $300 worth i reckon so it was a good price in the end.

i am looking into mobile hairdressers atm. found one called dvine hair and body and they are avail after another wedding party they are doing in the morning at mclaren vale. we're having a late ceremony (4ish) so it should be fine. also sent a query off to la bella sposa but haven't heard back yet. another WC/WSA member gave me details for the owner of justcuts at seaford who does wedding parties so i can also try him. and i found a few 'work from home' hairdressers in the southern area i can also ring and see what they're like. but anyway will get on top of that this week.

I also want to see some tailors this week or next hopefully. there are a few on torrens road (near arndale - thanks Milly 03). there's thanh tailor, unique menswear and another is tony tailoring, and there are a few others in that area i have seen on hotfrog etc. nino the tailor is at allenby gardens plus i found one off ebay that has a shop on pirie st in the city called Australian Tailor http://australiantailor.com/AdelaideTailor.htm

anyway that's next on the to do list!

Globus

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:36 pm

I dont think Australian Tailor has any brick and mortar store in Adelaide. It's an online business. I ordered a suit from them, they came to my place to take measurement and stuff. Got my suit 2 weeks later. Their prices are excellent and the quality of the suit was even better.
About Pirie street, the only tailor i know of, is Bestitched which is not far from Amore cafe.

jessj

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi girls,

If you are still looking for hair and/or make up, try Crazy Beautiful. They are two sisters, one does hair, one does make up, they come to your house and are very reasonably priced.

Check out their website, http://www.crazybeautiful.net.au/

Hope that helps :)

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Globus wrote:
I dont think Australian Tailor has any brick and mortar store in Adelaide. It's an online business. I ordered a suit from them, they came to my place to take measurement and stuff. Got my suit 2 weeks later. Their prices are excellent and the quality of the suit was even better.
About Pirie street, the only tailor i know of, is Bestitched which is not far from Amore cafe.

this reeks of promo post - if it's your business just say, jeez. australian tailor's ebay reply gave me the address of 5/191 pirie st which, surprise surprise, is the same address as bestitched.

Globus

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 pm

jetsetterjess wrote:
Globus wrote:

this reeks of promo post - if it's your business just say, jeez. australian tailor's ebay reply gave me the address of 5/191 pirie st which, surprise surprise, is the same address as bestitched.

Not my business mate! Well maybe you are right then and they are the same business. Didn't know about this. Sorry. If you plan to get there, ask them the question and let me know.

sallyison

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 pm

hey girls, I had a look at the wedding dresses on the auction site, some good bargains there!

Can anyone reccommend a dj? I nearly booked a certain company today, then got an email with a list of things i should NOT say to the dj, i.e

EVERYBODY WILL DANCE IF YOU PLAY IT!
The DJ won?t. I guess that blows a hole in that theory!

wtf? arent we paying you to play what we want? :roll:

so, dont think ill be going with them, im not paying someone $400 play music THEY want to play.

We already have an MC too, im tempted to just hire audio equipment & use the usb, but then again im not sure... I dont want to worry about it on they day...

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:27 pm

we're using good vibrations. $500 and he does weddings quite often and is well recommended on the wsa forum. he has a voucher in the bridal discount book if you have that.
booked my hairdresser 'dvine hair and body' she's at plympton but will come to us at noarlunga on the day.

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 pm

have now visited a few tailors, if anyone wants info PM me.

Jenny

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey Adelaide brides, just thought id share some info, I just got my dress from this place in Glenelg called White Peach Boutique, I think it is quite new but she has some awesome wedding dresses all quite cheap prices. The girl runs it from home so you have to make an appointment, but if u want to try somewhere different other than the big name bridal stores in Adelaide then its worth a look, and my dress arrived in only 4 weeks and its beautiful! The website is http://www.whitepeachboutique.com.au, happy dress hunting :D

~sara~

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello girls!

I have posted in here before, but then other things got in the way. We are now back on track with the wedding planning!

Date is not confirmed yet, but will either be the 26th Nov or 3rd Dec, 2011. The venue we are interested in is available either date (and was shocked when I told her the date and told me I was very organised :lol: ) just need to check with the celebrant. We are going with Christopher Steele, he is the son of a friend of FMIL's.

We are going to look at a venue on Saturday. Anyone been to Tiffins on the Park??
FH has family coming over from Sydney, so this place would be perfect as it offers discount accom for wedding guests and we can do the ceremony at the hotel too, or across the road/down the street in the parklands. Hope it's as good as it looks on the website.

I'm sure I'll be back!

.Danni.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi Sara!

I know just what you mean about being told you're organised! We're getting married in April 2012, so most people we have seen or talked to have commented on our "organisation", haha!

I haven't been to Tiffen's on the Park. Hopefully it's perfect though! You'll have to let us know how you go :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11