A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Adelaide - Part 2

Sat May 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Kitty Kat, you could try Karen Hedger - she's fantastic!

Jessie_Lou
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

Question: Where are you planning on spending your wedding night? We are going to book a hotel room and spend the night as we dont leave for our honeymoon for 2 weeks after the wedding. Any recommendations? Stamford Grand is OUT of the question (FH spent his wedding night there when he married his ex). Thinking the Shores Hotel looks nice and they do a wedding night package. Anyone want to share where they went, or planning to stay???? :D

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue May 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Jessie_Lou wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Question: Where are you planning on spending your wedding night? We are going to book a hotel room and spend the night as we dont leave for our honeymoon for 2 weeks after the wedding. Any recommendations? Stamford Grand is OUT of the question (FH spent his wedding night there when he married his ex). Thinking the Shores Hotel looks nice and they do a wedding night package. Anyone want to share where they went, or planning to stay???? :D

Our room is included in our reception package.

As far as nice hotels go - according to Trip Advisor some of the best ones in Adelaide are (excluding apartments and hostels)

1) The Crowne Plaza
2) Mantra Hindmarsh Square
3) The Sebel Playford
4) Majextic Roof Garden Hotel
5) The Hilton

Of those I have stayed at the Playford and it is nice -what about the Stamford Plaza on North Terrace? Is that out as well as the Grand?

sachick90
I survived and got married

Fri May 27, 2011 2:46 am

We will be staying at the old Hyatt, now the Intercontinental as one of my friends works there :) there are heaps of nice hotels in the city though :) FH and I have stayed at the Stamford Plaza and didn't like the room that much, however that could just be us lol.

01Kitty_Kat

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Update on my wedding hell with our venue, Camelot Castle.

I have had to fly from NSW to adelaide to sort out all the issues with our booking. They have screwed up our accommodation bookings, our best man, aunt of my fiance and one of my interstate friends are all left without a room on the night before the wedding. WE booked our wedding back in 2009 and suddenly they have a wedding at the venue on the friday, the night before our wedding and we cannot occupy these rooms. Hmmmmm.

Every time we call we get told different things and I no longer can trust that my interstate guests will have a roof over their heads for our wedding. I am going with my dad to the venue to try and sort this mess out. My mum seems to think they will prob cancel our booking if we try and deal with this and I am freaking out that 5 months out from the wedding we will be left with no venue.. and trying to organise an interstate wedding :(

does anyone know if they can do that? THey have a $1500 deposit from us....

I dont want to NOT deal with it, because i may have stranded guests... but then again, I dont want to be lost with no wedding venue.

This is a total nightmare. Don't ever book camelot castle sa for your wedding. I would never wish this on anyone :(

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Kitty Kat sounds like the rough end of the stick you have, i have heard similar stories about this place tho, speshly with the bookings of weddings that if one is the day before they will still book it and then not care about yours ( as im sure they pushed and got more money out of the new wedding on the friday )
good luck with your meeting with them, cancel all the room bookings i say

my sugestion is organise a bus to hire out at the end of the night that can take your guest to a motel.
and even a pick up from a place and take your guest to the castle.

wont be hard to put a note in the mail to everyone of your intentions.

sachick90

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Yeah I agree with miss Donz,

It might be easier to find accomodation elsewhere and have a bus take the guests there.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Just received this email from Bridal on Pultney Ladies - don't know if it helps anyone....

Half Price Sale!!
Bridal on Pulteney
All Fiorenza stock
Bridal Gowns
Half Price!
Yes 50% off every
Fiorenza gown in store!
Sale starts
9th to 23rd July
Phone 8232 3889
BridalonPulteney.com.au
info@bridalonpulteney.com.au
Bookings essential.

KitKat10

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi All,

We are planning on heading to SA for a very small wedding, there will be me & FH (obviously) our 1yo DD and our best friends and their 3yo DD. Can anyone suggest somewhere small, lovely, intimate and cost effective.

All help much appreciated :)

01Kitty_Kat

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

miss_donz wrote:
Kitty Kat sounds like the rough end of the stick you have, i have heard similar stories about this place tho, speshly with the bookings of weddings that if one is the day before they will still book it and then not care about yours ( as im sure they pushed and got more money out of the new wedding on the friday )
good luck with your meeting with them, cancel all the room bookings i say

my sugestion is organise a bus to hire out at the end of the night that can take your guest to a motel.
and even a pick up from a place and take your guest to the castle.

wont be hard to put a note in the mail to everyone of your intentions.

You might be on to something there. There is a wedding the day before ours and I'm worried the venue wont be clean and tidy and ready for our day.... :(

Jessie_Lou
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 am

Anyone want to share what they are doing / have done for their hens night in Adelaide?
I want to do something fun/unique but I'm not into the whole dunk stripper scene.
Any ideas???

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:40 am

Jessie_Lou wrote:
Anyone want to share what they are doing / have done for their hens night in Adelaide?
I want to do something fun/unique but I'm not into the whole dunk stripper scene.
Any ideas???

Can't help sorry, I have only really been to the drunk stripper things!

For mine we are considering morning or afternoon tea at the Grand and then cocktails into night but that's about it.

sachick90

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:47 pm

L.I.W wrote:
Jessie_Lou wrote:
Any ideas???

Can't help sorry, I have only really been to the drunk stripper things!

For mine we are considering morning or afternoon tea at the Grand and then cocktails into night but that's about it.

Hi,

Sorry I have no idea about hens nights, haven't even been to one yet, the only ones I know are like a high tea or maybe a winery tour.

My BM's are planning mine and it's going to be a surprise so can't say what mine is either.

Sorry I can't help more

Sprout

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:35 am

can someone help?

we are after a winter wedding reception but are having issues..
we want to have this type of look;

but we are looking at the riverside golf club

I dont think the blue winter lights will go :(
Does anyone know any venues were its like.. window-less and would suit this?

very flexiable with prices/formalness.. we like casualness like cavery meals, platters, and formalness too. Not fussed.. just trying to find something appropriate!

HELP!
:|

Mrs Kylo
I survived and got married!
I survived and got married!

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 am

sophie81

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 am

Hey girls, wondering if anyone can help. We are having a garden ceremony in November 2012 and we are not sure about decorations. We haven’t chosen a garden yet. I love the idea of the isle overlooking a nice garden or lake, but I'm just wondering what people think about having some decoration at the end of the isle to get married under, like an arch?
Has anyone come across any companies here in Adelaide that will hire anything?

sophie81

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 am

Hi Sprout, I'm not sure about venues but i know a couple of companies that might be able to help with the decoration ideas and maybe the venues, Lush Lighting or Atmosphere events........

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:21 am

Hello Sprout

The Hilton comes to mind for what you are after. If you go to Rapture events website and go to photo gallery - weddings - there are a few shots on the second page of thumbnails. The Observatory might also suit.

I would actually suggest contacting a lighting company (Rapture is meant to be great) and see what they suggest. Given they will be creating the look it may be they have ideas where it could be best created.

I have also heard decent things about Lush Lighting - they have some great shots on their website.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 am

sophie81 wrote:
Hey girls, wondering if anyone can help. We are having a garden ceremony in November 2012 and we are not sure about decorations. We haven’t chosen a garden yet. I love the idea of the isle overlooking a nice garden or lake, but I'm just wondering what people think about having some decoration at the end of the isle to get married under, like an arch?
Has anyone come across any companies here in Adelaide that will hire anything?

Try
Aisle Style
Wed Events(they have a portable Gazebo)
Set Your Scene
Bliss Events
Rapture Events

sophie81

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh cool thanks LIW I'll have look and see :)
If you come across any others let me know :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41