A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

admin helper
site helper
site helper
Topic Author

Adelaide

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 pm

Adelaide brides - share your ideas, info and stories here.

doona

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:40 pm

Looks like I am the first to kick off the Adelaide section. Our wedding is going to be held at Ada Ryan Gardens in Whyalla. which also is located by the beach which will make a great photo op!!!!

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:01 am

I'm in Adelaide too, we're probably having our reception at the ballroom function centre in town and ceremony at st peters cathedral.

I'm getting married on the 20th septembr 2008, what about you?

Summer Bride
I want it all
I want it all

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Thank God! Finally some Adelaide brides :D This is what I've booked so far:

Church: St John's Anglican Church in Halifax Street
Reception: The Adelaide Pavilion on South Terrace
Photographer: Evermore Photographics
Videographer: Premier Video Productions

Over Christmas I will be seeing the following:

Makeup: trial booked with Gabrielle Boulton
Hyatt: for wedding night accommodation
Decorations/Flowers: Labours of love

Plus meeting with the Pavilion as I haven't actually seen the room yet, a hairdresser who is a friend of a friend and my dressmaker for my BM dresses.

I will also try to see Bensons Limousines if they are open and How Sweet It Is for cakes, once again if they are open. I also want to try and find some shoes as no luck in Brisbane. Has anyone been to the Glass Slipper in town?

As if Christmas isn't hectic enough!

Its great that there are some other Adelaide girls on here now, we can share all our knowledge and recommendations :D Its especially frustrating for me since I live in Brisbane and can't just jump in the car and go and look at stuff. I hope I will be able to get 80% of it sorted at Christmas time then I will only have to do a few things in my next trip in April. Will have to leave the DJ until then, after I have sorted out my list of songs.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 pm

Have you ever been to the hyatt before? I stayed there after my formal and it cost an absolute fortune, I would reccomened rendevouz allegra (beautiflu rooms, great breakfast, half the price) Think it's in waymouth Street, but I must admit the Hyatt was nice, jsut not a really big room and we were on 2nd to top floor.

The reception venue that you're booking do you know their web address? I'm looking for a nice place with reasonable prices at the moment.

When are you getting married?

Summer Bride
I want it all
I want it all

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:40 pm

I have stayed at the Hyatt before, long time ago though. I am meeting with them to see if I can negotiate a good rate for us and some of our interstate guests, they are more exy than other hotels but that's where FH wants to stay so I guess I can let him have ONE thing his way hehe.

http://www.adelaidepavilion.com.au/

My brother had his reception there, although theirs was a lunch time reception. The food was really nice and the servings generous. Also as it is in Veale Gardens there are some nice spots for photos. You can get married in the gardens and go straight in for the reception.

My wedding is 24 November 2007.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:01 pm

Wow, the first page I loaded up looked pretty's. Thanks heaps. This is the type of thing I was looking for.

2007 you lucky bugger, lol, i'm in 2008!! Oh well, gotta get a house first, lol.

Anyways keep us updated with what's happening.

Mel

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:22 pm

Surely there are more Adelaide brides! There arn't many of and, so we gotta stick together, lol. :) How's things going you other Adelaide girls?

me009

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:41 am

Im getting married in october 2007 at Hardy's Winery at Reynella. Has anyone been to a wedding there before?

clt1982

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Well im pretty organised. My wedding is the 22nd September 2007.
Ive pretty much covered most things wit still 9 months to go. But time flies these days so it will go in a flash.

Ceremony booked - St Cyprians Anglican church North Adelaide
Reception Booked - Sferas on the park
Flowers booked - Memories wedding flowers
Limos booked - Cloud Seven
Makeup and Hair booked - Jodi Nash
Photos booked - V Images (h2b cousin doing for free)
Dress - Ordered Due in Feb
Bonboneire - Finally arrived from USA took 3 months
Rings ordered
Cake ordered (my nana is making it)
Marriage counselling booked in for Janurary
DJ booked (as part of a package Sferas does)
Wedding Night - Hyatt (as part of a package Sferas does)
Honeymoon is to America we have booked the cruise part of it but not the flights over. Cheaps flights due out in Feb.

I still have to get Bridesmaids dresses and groomsman suits, stationery (ideas of what i want but not ordered yet. Veil and a few other little things.

If any of you guys need help just ask.

me009

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:31 pm

have you had your trail with jodi nash yet? Are you getting airbrush?

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Yay, more Adelaide girls!

We're in sept 2008, so a long time to go still. We've booked St Peters Cathedral in North Adelaide and haven't decided on a reception venue yet, thinking about Ayer's house on North Terrace or a few of the Hotels in town.

My Nanna is making our cake (little does she know, lol)
Video will be done by my uncle
Photos we're thinking lion and blue, from Hahndorf, they're photos are great! So Pretty's.

Cars: we're going to approach teh American muscle club of adelaide and see if anyone will drive us, they generally do it cheap, like $50 per car. Saves a lot of $$

My Aunty might make my dress, and I've started making Bombonerie. Quite organised actually, lol :)
Last edited by mel_043 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clt1982

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:23 pm

me009 wrote:
have you had your trail with jodi nash yet? Are you getting airbrush?

Hi me009,

No havent had trial yet probably not till about 2 months before. Im going to go airbrush and see what it looks like. Im not a bit makeup person so if i dont like it ill change to hand applied. Have you also booked her?

me009

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:14 am

yeah i have. think ill do what u are. try the airbrush and see if i like it.

Shan 19/01/08

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:35 pm

Another Adelaide bride here! Doesn't look like there are many of us!

I'm getting married on 19 January 08. I wanted earlier but Ayers House was booked out until then (and that was back in June 06!) So far I've organised...

Reception - Ayers House (and cake)
Church - St Johns, Adelaide
Photographer - Studio Mode
Videographer - Davlin Film
Cars - All American 57s
Music - Amicus Strings (ceremony) and Keep the Change (reception)
Flowers - Fab Functions

I'm picking my dress up next weekend, so excited! Just have to find dresses for my BMs. Have got invites and bonboniere planned, just need to make, and need to organise suits for the guys from Axel Beers!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Shan: We we're looking at Ayers house are you using the brasserie? It's gorgeous, but we're not sure everyone will fit in there withouth being squshed.

Shan 19/01/08

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:21 am

Hey Mel,

Yes we're using the Brasserie. We're hoping to only have about 120-130 people so will use the Brasserie to sit everyone and leave the wooden floor at the front for the band and dance floor.

We're hoping it won't be too squishy as it can seat approx 180 people in total.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:03 pm

I was told that it can hold 120 sitting?? is your reception cocktail or sit down dinner?

We looked at a few photos and were worried that 120 people would be too squished, even with 100 I thought it's be squished.

Shan 19/01/08

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:20 pm

We are having a sit down dinner.

You can fit approximately 120ish people in the actual glass part of the Brasserie but they can fit extra people on the woden dance floor part if you need.

We are having ours set out so that we have the long bridal table along the front (10 people), then three tables of 12 down each side, and one table of 8 at the back on each side. And also another three tables of 10 through the middle.

So that's 128 people But we're hoping to not have any more as I want to keep the wood floor section free for the band and dance floor.

Shan 19/01/08

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 pm

I've just checked the website and it says that it can seat 200 for a banquet or 300 for cocktail? I'd recommend going to have a look at it if you haven't already as they'll explain how they utilise the space of both the actual Brasserie and the wine bar/coach house.

How many people are you thinking of having?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43