A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:42 pm

We did have a look and almost booked it. Now that I think about it I told the guy that we waqnted a very spacious setup and he said 120 would be good. so maybe with different setups it can hold different amounts of people.

Shan 19/01/08

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:33 pm

I definitely think they could make it fairly spacious if you are only having 120 people. I'm having it set up differently due to the fact that I'm having a large band, but if you were just having something like a DJ, then they could utilise that space and spread people out a lot more.

Summer Bride
I want it all
I want it all

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:04 pm

I booked my car today with Renaissance/Bensons Limousines - they are the same company, Renaissance bought out Bensons which was a bit confusing cos I thought I was going to see Bensons and it turned out to be Renaissance.

Anyway I met the owner of the company, Bill and he was such a lovely man. The 10 seater of theirs that I wanted was already booked but Bill rang around to a couple of other companies he knew had them to try and find me another one. What a nice thing to do. In the end though I ended up booking their 6 seater instead as it is only 2km between our church and reception so it can just do a couple of trips.

I really value good customer service so I thought I would let you all know :D

renee_18

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:57 am

hi im from adelaide looking to get marriedin 08 or 09 depending on when family gets back from england.

im not sure where to go yet i love camelot castle but not sure about the reception. is cocktail better than sit down? i have no idea what im doing so some help would be great

zoes

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm getting married in Feb 08...hopefully! Nothing booked yet...have been very slack! :roll: Also being a bit too fussy I think with what I want. Looking at getting married in Church of the Epiphany in Crafers (though costs lots of $$) and reception maybe at a winery...or something?? Having cocktail rather than sit down...I just want something a little less formal. But I have to get something book by the end of this month or I'll miss out!! No idea what flowers I want either...I did want poppies but they won't be in season :cry: I just want something bright and happy looking (if that makes sense?!).

Who's going to the bridal show next weekend? Anyone been to any before? Are they worth going to?

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:41 pm

Yay! More adelaide brides 2 be.
I'm in sept 2008 and today we booked our venue (The lakes resort hotel in West Lakes) we thought we'd book early as things are booking out fast.

I suggest that if you're planning on a particular date you get in early or you'll miss out on the bargain places. If you're looking for a nice venue that would suit either a small or big budget then I reccomend the lakes, we could do it for either $45 per person for a base menu but we're doing $90 per person for a fancy meal with 3 choices for each course and fancy table candellabras and stuff.

The lady there was really ncie and very helpful.

Good Luck,

Mel

zoes

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Im supposed to be heading out with FH on Sunday to check out a few places. I want somewhere that is intimate and a bit different from anythng else. Ideally would love to have it in the gardens of a cottage in the hills with views of rolling hills and vineyards...but just can't seem to find too many places that do this!! :( I know if I don't book something asap I'll miss out.

I've been to a wedding at West Lakes Resort Mel..was really lovely. Great views too :)

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Was the service good in terms of table service for drinks (i'm a bit worried that they will take ages to bring out the drinks, as this is what has happened at some other places :? )

Have a look on weddingsa website, they have a huge list of reception venues in the hills and all over adelaide, there's also a forum of all Adelaide girls.

zoes

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:34 pm

From what I can remember, service was good! I know I was pretty tipsy by the end of the night, so there definitely was never a lack of alcohol on my table! :D I think I might've gone up to the bar once to get a new bottle of wine, but that's about it. Anyway, that's what your bridesmaids are for!! :D

Yep, I've checked out that other website and got a few good ideas from there. Was looking to have it at Longview winery in Maccelsfield, but they wanted $1500 venue hire! I thought that kinda sounded a bit expensive?? :?

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:27 pm

That is fairly expensive, but it depends if their meals are a good price. Sometimes they make their meals cheaper (to grab your attention) then slap a venue hire fee on top. One place we looked at had this, not sure where it was now, lol.

Bronzed Goddess
Drummer Girl
Drummer Girl

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:07 pm

me009 wrote:
Im getting married in october 2007 at Hardy's Winery at Reynella. Has anyone been to a wedding there before?

My brother had his reception there a few years back, it was fantastic, good choice!!.

We are planning for end of 2007/ beginning 2008, we are having a very small wedding (approx 30 people) and keeping it pretty low key. I just went to my sisters wedding on Friday and its got me all excited, its just started to sink in, im getting married!!

We have only just began planning, still in the discussion stage of what we want to do exactly. So far we are thinking garden wedding and having the reception at home. :D

feralkelpie
The Kung-fu Kelpie
The Kung-fu Kelpie

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Unley has some really good bridal shops. If I had the money I'd go and spend spend spend down there but it's a long way to go for me. Come to think I'd probably elope to Adelaide/ The Lady Chapel at St Peters is really beautiful. The Botanic Gardens offers a heap of different settings for location photography but I think you may need a permit. It's worth checking out.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:38 pm

We're getting married at st peters! Got our info night on the 6th of Feb then we'll put down our deposit.

Do any of you girls have some alternatives to throwing rose petals, confetti or rice as we can't have this at st peters because of the location (near the parklands). I was thinking of having little bottles of bubbles or soemthing. They sell them in woolworths fairly cheap and the bottles are in bright colours, lol I like bright colours :)

How's everyone going, not much talking going on in here.

Mel :)

feralkelpie
The Kung-fu Kelpie
The Kung-fu Kelpie

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Bird seed??

Shan 19/01/08

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:52 pm

mel_043 wrote:
How's everyone going, not much talking going on in here.

Mel :)

It is a bit quiet isn't it?!

Well, I need help with BM dresses, any suggestions?!

I've been to plenty of places but can't find anything I like! Who would have thought it'd be so hard to find a nice simple black dress?!

feralkelpie
The Kung-fu Kelpie
The Kung-fu Kelpie

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Myer or DJs.... Marion has some nice shops too. Been a while though since I've been there.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:44 pm

I got a nice black dress from portmans in tea tree plaza, maybe try there or any of the other shops near there in tea tree plaza or even myer, they have some nice dresses that I looked at.

Shan 19/01/08

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:07 am

Hmm, have looked at all of the above and have found nothing.

The closest thing I've found was at a bridal store but it was full length (which I loved) but my mum and sister said 3/4 would look better. Could always order them and have them altered if I can find anything else I guess...

The hunt continues this weekend!

zoes

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:20 am

I think I may have seen some nice black ones at the Bridal expo yesterday (either that or I saw them in a bridal mag). What kind of style are you looking at? These (I think!) were strapless and had an a-line skirt. Did anyone go yesterday and see these or am I just making them up??!!

Shan 19/01/08

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:32 am

That's the sort of thing I'm after! Except the girls don't want satin or taffeta, so I'm looking for chiffon or something similar!

I went to the expo but didn't see it, but I didn't have a really close look at dresses because I thought I'd found 'the one' until my sister tried it on later in the afternoon and decided she didn't like it because it was full length!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46