A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

zoes

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:41 pm

Ok, think I may have seen the dress in Nov 06 Bride 2 Be mag. The dress is by Barbra Calabro (http://www.barbracalabro.com/home.html) and the dress is called 'Jean'. There is a bit of taffeta on it though...

Shan 19/01/08

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Thanks zoe, that is quite cute.

I really like this one, but don't think they stock in Australia?

http://www.dessy.com/index.cfm?go=dress ... =2058SOLID

Shan 19/01/08

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi girls, just thought I'd let you know about my cake that I booked the other day. If you want an absolutely awesome cake, go and see Nicholas at Cake Stories on Payneham Rd!! I thought his cakes were a bit overpriced, but when I went and saw them in person, and actually tried them, they were to die for!!!

We tried their chocolate mud with caramel and white chocolate mud with raspberry, and they were the nicest cakes I have ever eaten, yummo!

clt1982

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi Shan,

I went bridesmaid dress shopping today and I seen something similar to that Dessy dress you wanted at Unforgetable Bridal on Paynham road.

Shan 19/01/08

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks clt1982! I went to Unforgettable Bridal today too, but didn't see anything! But by then, I think all of the dresses were starting to look the same!

I did find a nice black Thai silk dress at Indubbio on Prospect Rd though. One of my BMs liked it, now to show the other 3!

Lineke
Queen Adelaide
Queen Adelaide

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:18 pm

It's so exciting to see all these Adelaide brides here. When I got married in 2004, I was the only one on the forum here!!

travellingprincess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:23 am

Hi everyone!

I too, will be an Adelaide bride! 9-12-07!!!! Just found this forum and have read so much advice, its great. We only decided 2 weeks ago, that we will be getting married this year, as we are currently living in Mexico and thought, while we are planning a trip home, we should get married at the same time! Sooooooo, we have been super busy trying to find reception venues etc. My poor mum has been running around checking things out for us.

So far:
Reception: Ayers House (booked)
Church: Kingswood Parish (booked)
Dress: Has been ordered, will be collecting it in April, in Texas!

Still so much to organise! :D

Shan 19/01/08

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:08 am

Welcome travellingprincess! Hope all of your long distance planning goes smoothly! And good choice on reception venue! I too am having Ayers House. What room have you booked?

travellingprincess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks! We are having the Brasserie Room! I love that room! As you might already know, that room is booked out for 2 years, so that is why we decided on a Sunday wedding.

What room have you booked?

Shan 19/01/08

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:51 pm

We're in the Brasserie too, it is so pretty!!!

I asked because I booked in June last year and couldn't get in until January 2008, so I wondered how you managed to get in in December! She said that it was booked on Saturday nights through December for xmas parties etc. But if you're having a Sunday wedding, then that explains it!

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:24 pm

We really wanted to have our reception at Ayres house in the brasserie, but it's too small :( I hate having a big family, lol. makes these types fo things cost more and harder to organise, as only so many places have adequate space for a bigger wedding, lol. By Bigger I mean just over 100, but with enough room for people to breath without being 2 cm away from another guest, lol.

I'm glad we've booked the lakes reosrt now though, we put our deposit down on tuesday, so it's all set!! It feels good having that done and out of the way!

Are any of you other adelaide girls getting married at St Peters Cathedral? We're putting down our deposit next week!! :D It's so big and prettys :D

Shan 19/01/08

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:53 pm

I have a big family too, but we're having about 130 in the Brasserie without a drama, and we're also having quite a large band and a dance floor.

There weren't many places that catered for that number, most were under 100 people, or over 200 people! I didn't want somewhere that held over 200 people because it would have looked too big.

travellingprincess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:59 pm

Oh St Peters Cathedral is really nice! We are having Kingswood Parish Catholic. Its a smaller church and very quaint! :)

I too have a massive family but we hope to have the guest list @ 100! It won't be a big traditional family wedding like most of my cousins have had. Its been hard to know, where to draw the line with all the relatives.

But I'm sure we will manage!

RebekahT
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:37 am

Hi everyone!

I’ve been reading bits and pieces of the forum for a little while now and thought I should join in!

I’m another Adelaide bride and I don’t have too long to go now at all! As the rest of you have done, here is what I can think of so far:

Ceremony & Reception Booked: Carrick Hill
Flowers booked – Blooming Bridal – fabulous service and so much cheaper than anywhere else I got quotes from
Stretch Jaguar Daimler Booked: can’t remember the company name but he is giving up the business after my wedding day
Hair Booked: The Hair Lounge on Magill Road
Photos booked – Family Friend
Save the date magnets and invites etc we did ourselves
Dress – mum is a dress maker and she is nearly finished!
Bonboneire – Ordered bottles through http://www.newdirections.com.au and we’ll be filling them with port
Rings ordered
Cake ordered: Family Friend
String Quartet for Ceremony: The Amicus Strings
DJ booked: Miracle X DJ
Wedding Night booked: Hilton
Swarovski crystal necklace: Dream Collection @ TTP

Mainly trying to finish of all of the menus, placecards etc at the moment. It’s a lot more work than I had thought, but I’m glad I’ve done it! What is everyone else up to at the moment?

travellingprincess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Hey RebekahT!

Welcome! You definitely don't have long to go now!

We still have alot to organise! Have booked church and reception! My dress will be ready in April!

I only have 9 months to get everything else organised!! :)

RebekahT
Almost there
Almost there

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:30 am

Yeah, I don't have too long to go now!

TravellingPrincess, you've got the main things booked there, now you can just add around those main things!

So are you organising your wedding from Mexico? Or did I read that wrong? :oops:

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:34 pm

If any of you Adelaide girls are looking for a florist have a look into Blooming Bridal. She operates from home and has very reasonable prices and does some beautiful work.

If you go onto the weddingsa website and then go to florist section her details are tehre. Send her an email of what you're after and she sends a quote in teh form of an image with all the details and photos of things similar to what you're after. she also decorates guest tables adn has vases/mirrors for use on your tables.

Just an idea for all you girls on a budget, or anyone for that matter, her prices are great and so is the quality.

travellingprincess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:26 am

Yes, we are organising the wedding from Mexico! I feel a bit restricted with trying to organise everything but I have a great support group back home, with my mum and sister helping out alot. And thank goodness for the internet, it has been so useful. I have alot of spare time on my hands, which allows me to read and search for many ideas on the net, especially this forum, it has given me so many thoughts and ideas, things, I would never have thought of! :)

RebekahT
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:19 am

mel_043 wrote:
If any of you Adelaide girls are looking for a florist have a look into Blooming Bridal. She operates from home and has very reasonable prices and does some beautiful work.

If you go onto the weddingsa website and then go to florist section her details are tehre. Send her an email of what you're after and she sends a quote in teh form of an image with all the details and photos of things similar to what you're after. she also decorates guest tables adn has vases/mirrors for use on your tables.

Just an idea for all you girls on a budget, or anyone for that matter, her prices are great and so is the quality.

We are using Blooming Bridal and the lady that runs it is wonderful. Very good prices compared to everywhere else too.

RebekahT
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:31 am

travellingprincess wrote:
Yes, we are organising the wedding from Mexico! I feel a bit restricted with trying to organise everything but I have a great support group back home, with my mum and sister helping out alot. And thank goodness for the internet, it has been so useful. I have alot of spare time on my hands, which allows me to read and search for many ideas on the net, especially this forum, it has given me so many thoughts and ideas, things, I would never have thought of! :)

Wow, even being here in adelaide I don't know what I'd do without the internet. Even just on this forum there is so much information to help you find something, or even just put your mind at ease about what you've chosen already!

Plus you're right about family, my mum has done so much to help me out.

Hope everything is going well, long distance for you. When do you get into Adelaide before your wedding?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4