A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:49 am

ahk, thanks for that. We're currently looking at DJ paul slow, he's around the 550 mark, but I've heard that there's a DJ floating around for around the 400 mark, which would be great.

me009

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:30 am

Im getting married at harys winery in reynella. Does anyone know where we go around that area for photos?

zoes

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:39 am

Maybe some vineyards? I spose the beach isn't too far away so if you really wanted beach photos you could go down there. Are there any old buildings that way? They always look good in photos and if there are any local parks that have nice flowers/trees? Maybe you could go for a drive around the area one weekend and suss out a few places. Alternatively, your photographer might've shot some photos in that area and may be able to help you with some locations. Are you having both the ceremony and reception at the winery?

travellingprincess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:45 am

Hi everyone!

How's everyone going with all their plans? Haven't been in the Adelaide thread for a few weeks! So just thought I would drop by!!

No updates for me at the moment, other than I pick my dress up in a week! I ordered it 2 months ago and its ready! We are going to visit my sister in the states for a week and I will be picking up my dress at the same time. I am excited, as I feel its all starting to become real!!! Also, my sister is my bridesmaid, so we will be buying her dress, shoes, jewellery etc aswell. Its going to be a busy week for us, thats for sure! Shopping, shopping, shopping (yay!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Male Bridesmaid
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 am

Excuse me for crossing the border into Crow Eater territory but I would just like to thank travellingprincess for her warm welcome to WC. :D

Peter

p.s. Thanks for letting me intrude, and best wishes to all the brides in Adelaide

cwiggles

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:57 pm

I've just moved to Adelaide from Sydney and am having soooo much trouble finding bridal shoes!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Apparently there is a specialty bridal shoe store but its closing down!!!

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Have a look at the shoe shed, they have some lovely shoes starting at $20, but the ones I like are $80 ish. Also Betts and Betts and williams shoes have some good shoes or even at ahrbour town.Or if you're game (depending on your budget) have a look in rundle mall there's a few shops in there (glass slipper, myer etc)

Good luck.

cwiggles

Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:23 pm

Thanks Mel! I went to the bridal fair over the weekend and saw a stall there for a shop in Melbourne Street in North Adelaide. So You or something. I checked them out and they have a massive range of bridal shoes that were pretty reasonably priced! They started at around $50 and were definitely what I was looking for! I was a bit hesitant as I didn't want to spend too much on shoes I might not wear again but the one's I got were beautiful and only cost me about $100!!! One less thing to worry about!!!

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:27 am

ohh, I'm gonna have to go have a looksy now!! How's everyone else going? Any one got good hair reccomendations?

Summer Bride
I want it all
I want it all

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:29 am

I'm thinking of having some kind of musicians play in the church garden after the ceremony while everyone is mingling and having champagne.

I didn't really want a string quartet, I was thinking something more upbeat - I really like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra type stuff, swing I think its called. I've rung a few jazz bands etc but nobody seems to have what I'm looking for. I don't even really know what I'm looking for :oops: Can any Adelaide girls help? Its frustrating being so far away.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:10 am

Are you after a band? We went to a wedding last yr in november and the bride's brothers band played, they did a lot of michael bouble (or however you spell it) and frank sinatra type of stuff and some jazzy stuff mixed in, very talented. I can find out fi they perform at weddings normally for you if you like.

Summer Bride
I want it all
I want it all

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:40 pm

Thanks mel, that's the kind of thing I am after but just like a four piece acoustic type ensemble, just background music really not a full on band as such. There also won't be any power in the garden. The other thing I am finding with some groups is they have a 3 hour minimum booking. I really only need them for an hour after the ceremony.

But yeah I would love some more info on this band if you think they would be suitable for what I need :D Thanks.

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Wed May 09, 2007 1:20 am

I know wat type of thing you're after, but they would need power, they're a full on band. Sorry...I'll keep my eye out for anything else suitable.

Are any of you going to your usual hair dresser for wedding hair? My hair dresser wants to do my hair, she's fantastic, but I'll have to go to the salon, do you think this will be ok? We're haing a 1.30 ceremony in North adelaide and I live in northern suburbs (modbury area) I;m worrying about time, but I guess if we book early we'll be fine... Just me worrying I reckon, lol.

flair4hair
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 17, 2007 5:14 pm

Hope you don't mind me butting in? I'm an Adelaidian too and just wanted to say hi :D .
It seems like such a small world when you come onto something like this and discover people your communicating with are just aroung the corner!
Good luck with all your wedding plans!!!
Cheers :e_clap:

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Thu May 17, 2007 6:05 pm

It's no prob you,re welsome to but in anytime.

Do you mind me asking what sort of prices you charge for wedding hair? I'm on the hunt for a hairdresser, I've choosen one so far, but worth a look hey?

If you don't want to display prices on here just PM me.

Thanks
Mel

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Mon May 21, 2007 1:30 am

If anyone on here is looking for a cheap but good DJ look up on the weddingsa website under reception planner, then entertainment and look at goodvibrations DJ, he's got great prices, good customer service and great package.

We're getting him for 5.5 hours of DJ and MC duties

various lighting effects included and microphone to use

$450!! Everywhere else is over $550 and doesn't include the lighting effects, they're extra!!

So glad that's booked, nothing really left to book! :D but sad that I now don't have an excuse to search all day for wedding stuff 'everything's booked Mel, do some uni work' is what h2b wil say from now on, lol.

Bride.2.Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Great DJ you've picked there Mel ;)

H2B and I are getting married on 15/11/2008. So far our arrangements are:

Ceremony: Freshwater Duck Pond at West Lakes (booked)
Reception: The Lakes Resort (booked and deposit paid)

Havent booked any of these yet, but this is who I am considering so far:

Celebrant: Susie Cardwell
Hair & Makeup: possibly Jodi Nash...I really want airbrush
Cars: not sure yet....want one 6 seater for a reasonable price
Photography: out of our budget, so brothers girlfriend is taking photos for us
Bonbonierre: Personalised clear boxes from kardella.com.au filled with choccy hearts
Entertainment: jukebox from superjuke.com.au
Cake: either Sugar & Spice or Scrummys

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:19 am

Hey Bride.2.be, do you need to pay to use the duck pond for photos? Or can we just rock up! lol.

bel82
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi everyone!

just wondering if you guys can help me...

i'm in melbourne but am matron of honor for my sisters wedding in march 2008 (she is in adelaide). both the other bridesmaids are from interstate as well so does anyone have some ideas for a hens nights in SA?

I know my sister wants to do a weekend away in feb at a winery or something... has anyone got any recommendations/advice?

i would GREATLY appreciate any help/info you can give me since i'm completely clueless!

thanks!

mel_043
I got a jar of dirt!!
I got a jar of dirt!!

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:59 pm

I would reccomend signing up for the weddingsa forum, some of the girls there might be able to help.
The website is: http://www.weddingsa.com/forums/
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38