A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*Blonde*
Party Queen
Party Queen
Topic Author

Tasmania - Part 2

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 pm

A place for all the Tasmanian brides to share your ideas, info and stories here.

Part 1 of this thread is here

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Re: Tasmania - Part 2

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks!

Just posting so I know where to find it when I need it!

Hobartgal31

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi all!
Haven't posted in a while so I thought I would check in - only 4 months one week til our big day - so excited, and it's just going so so quickly!
Have organised most things now, just finalising the invitations at the moment.
Nadine at PAPERBLISS did all the paper and printing for them - I highly reccomend her work - we still did all the sticking and folding etc (although she can fully make them if you choose that option) but we wanted to have some part in making them. Love the finished result - they look really professional. In the post soon!
My fiance also made us a website with things like directions, about us, an online rsvp section - it's kind of cheesy (!) but handy for everyone to be able to access really easily.
How are everyone else's plans coming along?

mrsctobe2011
Bridezilla in the making ♥

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 am

Hobartgal31 wrote:
Nadine at PAPERBLISS did all the paper and printing for them - I highly reccomend her work - we still did all the sticking and folding etc (although she can fully make them if you choose that option) but we wanted to have some part in making them. Love the finished result - they look really professional. In the post soon!

Nadine is wonderful! Highly recommended :D

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 05, 2010 1:46 pm

What make up artist is everyone in Hobart using???

cheryl6
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have been in here.

Had my 7th baby on the 9th April so now I can get back into planning the wedding.

Peaches, I am planning on using glamour-puss for my hair and make-up, I am hoping to have a trial with them in the next couple of months so I can make sure I like their work, one of the ladies there is brilliant and I love her work (she cuts my hair and does my waxing atm) so hopefully I am happy with how she puts my hair up.

My FMIL has almost finished off the invitations, I now just have to decide how I want to word them and then they will be all finished.
I only have $100 to go on my dress and veil, I tried them both on last week and it was so nice to see them together although the dress is too big and will need to be taken in a bit (nearly 2 sizes) and that was only 3 weeks after having the baby, I am so happy to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight already.
I have asked my sister and FSIL to be my bridesmaids, I am not having a MOH, that way they have the same responsibilities. I need to get my FH to ask who he wants for his groomsmen, I would ask them myself but I think it would be nicer for him to do it.

I still haven't looked into nails yet, I have been too busy with being pregnant and lately having a newborn so I have to keep looking there.
Mainly what I need to do is pay money off the things that I have booked already, just have to get some money together first.

Talk soon
Cheryl

I also wanted to say that I went to a wedding at Hatchers on the weekend, and while the wedding itself was lovely, I thought the food wasn't the best, a bit dry (I had chicken) just my opinion.

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Well my dress arrived yesterday and i looooove it

it is however a little big and needs to be taken in

does anyone know of a place in hobart that does alterations???

Hobartgal31

Sat May 15, 2010 8:42 pm

There is a place on Liverpool St in Hobart which are v good and reasonable priced - my fiance always gets his suits done there - I forget the name but it's definitely Liverpool St so you can google it!

Goblin Face
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Filomena's alterations did a great job on my wedding dress. They are the ones in Liverpool street and they are very good.

Also, our makeup was done by Escape Beauty Lounge. They are also fabulous, not overpriced (like so many) and they come to your home too if you want.

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 am

Chair covers for hire!

We have 100 black chair covers with white sashes for hire. We couldn't justify hiring them for $7 each when we could buy them for the same price. Will put some pictures up. if you're interested email me jecwoolnough@yahoo.com. We are charging $3 each including the sash.

jezzamiff

Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Our wedding has just been brought forward from November to July - 6 weeks away! :!:

Does anyone know a good caterer? We were going to have a family friend do it but she'll be away that weekend :(

the wedding will be at Carlton, near Hobart

mrsctobe2011

Sun May 30, 2010 10:38 pm

jezzamiff wrote:
Our wedding has just been brought forward from November to July - 6 weeks away! :!:

Does anyone know a good caterer? We were going to have a family friend do it but she'll be away that weekend :(

the wedding will be at Carlton, near Hobart

When I was looking for a caterer, a lot of friends recommended Relish Catering. It all depends on what you want!

natstella

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:43 am

HI just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding at white sands resort, diamond island resort or angasi bay of fires? I am thinking of a beach wedding so if anyone has any experiences inf or pics it would be greatly appreciated as this decision i am finding really hard :)

mrsctobe2011

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 am

natstella wrote:
HI just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding at white sands resort, diamond island resort or angasi bay of fires? I am thinking of a beach wedding so if anyone has any experiences inf or pics it would be greatly appreciated as this decision i am finding really hard :)

I have a friend who worked at White Sands, I'll see if she can email me some photos of a wedding there. Where abouts are you based?

natstella

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 pm

oh really that would be great. I am based in George Town Tas
Thanks heaps :)

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:38 pm

has anyone had any dealings with Wedding Isle?

they seem to be much cheaper than Salters Hire for chairs/covers ect

StarLove

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi everyone,

We have recently got engaged and although we live in Melbourne, since I'm originally from Tassie we are looking to have the wedding down there, around the Launceston area. I'm considering Leaning Church Vineyard and also Strathlynn - does anyone know if these venues are any good for weddings? We are planning on heading down in the next couple of weeks to check out as many places as possible and would love some suggestions?

Thanks!

tasbride2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Last edited by tasbride2011 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tasbride2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Last edited by tasbride2011 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarLove

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Tasbride,

Thanks for that - we are heading down to Launceston tomorrow and will spend Saturday checking out some places. My partner spoke to Sarah at Leaning Church and he said she was really lovely and helpful and it sounds as though they can basically tailor a package to whatever you're after. I'm looking forward to checking it out. We are also going to visit Strathlynn, Josef Chromy and the Red Feather Inn. If none of them are what we're after we will probably look a bit closer to home around the Melbourne area. Will post back how we go :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.05