A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Re: Tasmania - Part 2

Tue May 03, 2011 11:04 pm

We went to look for rings today - I think FH has decided on the one he wants - I am pretty sure that I have decided on plain WG band as well. One shop was knocking money off the price without us even asking!

I also got to meet my Goddaughter to be today :D :D She is the cutest little thing, born this morning at 9.09 so I got to meet her at 9 hours old :heart: :heart:

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Tracylacy wrote:
We went to look for rings today - I think FH has decided on the one he wants - I am pretty sure that I have decided on plain WG band as well. One shop was knocking money off the price without us even asking!

I also got to meet my Goddaughter to be today :D :D She is the cutest little thing, born this morning at 9.09 so I got to meet her at 9 hours old :heart: :heart:

Awwwww :D

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Tracylacy wrote:

I also got to meet my Goddaughter to be today She is the cutest little thing, born this morning at 9.09 so I got to meet her at 9 hours old :heart: :heart:

Nawww How cute :-)
Clucky now :P

DaniBride2Be wrote:
Everything is going good here but i'm in the mood to spend money and can't think of what to buy next for the wedding :roll: :lol:

Yeah i am like that but have no money to spend

Rachael-lee

Mon May 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey guys,
Can anybody reccomend a photographer in the South that doesn't charge an arm and a leg!!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Tue May 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Rachel,

I don't really have a recommendation for you, but there are definitely heaps to choose from - it was really hard for us to choose!

Not sure what you mean by an arm and a leg, but we're going with a guy called Paul Redding http://paulreddingphotographer.com.au/index.php/wedding-photography/

I just noticed that a friend of mine used him for her recent wedding and I have just sent her a facebook message to ask her what she though of him, so I will let you know.

I just searched in the yellow pages and checked out all their websites and either got info straight from there or emailed them and asked for info.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 19, 2011 1:19 am

I'm interested in what your friend thought of the photographer too - I'm getting close to deciding on one now.

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Great report about the photographer:

"He was fantastic! Had lots of gear, turned up early and stayed a little later. We got out pics back the Thursday after the wedding! He was great xx."

I'm super excited about him now :D

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 20, 2011 2:46 am

Tracylacy wrote:

"He was fantastic! Had lots of gear, turned up early and stayed a little later. We got out pics back the Thursday after the wedding! He was great xx."

That's great news :mrgreen:

I'm pretty close to booking Ron Verdouw for my photography, Rachael. His rate seems to be about the same as Paul Redding for bride preparation, ceremony, and part of the reception, and you can tailor the package to suit your needs. Both of these guys look good but I just seemed to be drawn back to Ron. I love his work - simply gorgeous pics - and my beautician (who does heaps of weddings) suggested him and showed me some pics he had sent her before she even knew I was looking at him. He supplies proofs on disc but not high resolution images which may be a deal breaker for some. He has explained that the lab he uses in Melbourne is calibrated the same as his equipment which will result in high quality pics whereas your Big W labs, for example, may not be and would therefore result in pics of a lower quality and that would in turn reflect on his professional reputation which I can understand.

Good luck with your search :D

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 pm

how everything going tassy ladies

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Tazkaz, the high res photos were definitely what interested us, more for the future than for the now. When I spoke to Paul on the phone he was talking about changing up his packages a little, as he was a bit worried about people taking his high res photos and 'ruining them' at Bigw! It sounded similar to what you are talking about with Ron Verdouw.

We have not finalised our quote with him, and he seems pretty flexible, so we are going to ask him about prints and the like when we get around to that.

It was his photos along with his prices and flexibility that drew us to him.

We're off to see FHs mum tomorrow, so I'm hoping that she might have some mock up invitations for us to have a look at.

I also saw a ad on the notice board at Basketball for a cake maker - so I'm hoping to check that out soon too.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sat May 21, 2011 12:22 am

Tracylacy wrote:
Tazkaz, the high res photos were definitely what interested us, more for the future than for the now. When I spoke to Paul on the phone he was talking about changing up his packages a little, as he was a bit worried about people taking his high res photos and 'ruining them' at Bigw! It sounded similar to what you are talking about with Ron Verdouw.

We have not finalised our quote with him, and he seems pretty flexible, so we are going to ask him about prints and the like when we get around to that.

It was his photos along with his prices and flexibility that drew us to him.

We're off to see FHs mum tomorrow, so I'm hoping that she might have some mock up invitations for us to have a look at.

I also saw a ad on the notice board at Basketball for a cake maker - so I'm hoping to check that out soon too.

I can understand re the high res photos Tracylacy. That's been the only "negative" (if you can call it that) with Ron. But it may well be the way a lot of photographers end up going who are concerned with potential poor quality pics of their work being touted about to other potential clients. Yes Paul's photos are lovely aren't they :D It's nice to know there are some great photographers such as Paul and Ron about who don't charge like a wounded bull :mrgreen:
Oooh good luck with the cake maker - I'm still to organise one. Been too busy with booking venue, celebrant (Booked Kay Haward at the Wedding Expo - she's lovely), and trying to finalise a photographer. Happy planning everyone :mrgreen:

jimmysmum
♥ Fairy Bride ♥
♥ Fairy Bride ♥

Sat May 21, 2011 11:05 am

there is also steve watts i was going to use him when i was in tas if i remember corectly his prices were pretty good http://www.stevewatts.com.au/

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sat May 21, 2011 3:19 pm

jimmysmum wrote:
there is also steve watts i was going to use him when i was in tas if i remember corectly his prices were pretty good http://www.stevewatts.com.au/

Yes you're right :D I checked him out also and his prices are very good.

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Oh i am really thinking about changing my venues. I did have boat harbour and wharf hotel wynyard but i am not 100% sure. I atleast want a great place for the Reception that actually looks like a place for weddings!
I have googled and they are all lovely but the food is expensive or food we dont eat!
HELP!!!

PHOTOGRAPHERfinder

Tue May 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Tracylacy wrote:

Good to hear that you are happy with your photographer. He definitely deserves a good rating and review :wink:

jthomson

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Ladies,

Please excuse the misplacement of this post, I have just joined and am extremely confused on where and how to post. This was the only way I could write in the Tassie Bride forum, so here goes........

I live in Melbourne and am marrying a Tassie boy, we are planning to have a cocktail wedding in Tassie at a luxury house 20 minutes south of Swansea called The Lair. Has anyone had or been to a wedding here or at Avalon Coastal Retreat? If so what are your opinions on the food? We are looking for a catering company and welcome all suggestions (cocktail catering).

We are also required to HIRE FURNITURE. I am looking for nice bar tables and stools (preferably white stools or chrome). I am having trouble finding FURNITURE HIRING COMPANIES in Tassie. Can anyone recommend a company?

Again, please excuse this out of place post. All help would be greatly appreciated.

J :D

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Jthomson!

We are using Olive Tree Catering - they do all sorts and you can customise what you want. I think they are pretty reasonably priced and I have heard really good reports about them and their food and service.

They are also attached to a party hire company called the http://www.weddingisle.com.au/estore/ they hire heaps of things and are also reasonably priced.

Other hire companies are:

http://www.salters.com.au/home
http://weedingpartyhire.com.au/

Good luck with your planning :D

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 pm

welcome miss pony :)
LOvely church thats beautiful.x
im in burnie not hobart but there is some yacht clubs( bellerive,lindisfarne) yacht clubs.... :D

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi Misspony! Welcome :D

OUr best friends got married at the Church at Port Arthur a few years ago and it was awesome and beautiful.

It was one of out choices when we were trying to decide where to get married.

I love the idea that it's a church but not a church at the same time - I love church weddings, but I don't think I could bring myself to get married in a church as I would feel like a hypocrite as I am not religious.

There are quite a lot f good venues in Hobart, but keep in mind that it is a good 1 - 1 1/2 hour trip from Hobart to Port Arthur, that is quite a distance when you factor in the time that will be spent getting photos etc - because you will HAVE to have photos at Port Arthur!

Our friends had their reception at the Cascades Colonial Accommodation - they have the old mess hall which you can hire and they just got a caterer to do a spit roast.

There is also the Stewarts Bay Lodge, which I have heard is a really nice venue for a wedding reception. They are right on the water too.

I'm sure the others can help you with venues in Hobart, unfortunately I can't as we are getting married at Eaglehawk Neck and didn't look at any venues in town.

Good luck with your planning :D

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 am

Sounds as though everything is going well misspony :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4