A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Rachael-lee

Re: Tasmania - Part 2

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Any ideas of what to do for a hens night in hobart??

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 pm

we're doing Laser Skirmish for mine, then going out for dinner, then staying the night somewhere - I'm not sure of any other details, my BMs are organising it and they have only told me the bare minimum

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi misspony :-) Hope your planning is going well. I'm an April 2012 bride but secretly engaged so planning has been interesting at times lol. But I have the dress, wedding and reception venue, celebrant, tentatively booked photographer (will be meeting him soon), printed invites etc. so I'm happy with that.

Just found out this morning that my beautician who I've been going to for years has a wedding booked at Port Arthur on the same date as mine :cry: (21-4-12). She knew the month of my wedding but couldn't remember the date. I hadn't officially booked her though it was briefly mentioned on other occasions and basically unspoken she would do the makeup as I'd been going to her for so long. Not her fault but disappointing. She said she'd ring the bride and ask if she would mind if she left 2 hours before the wedding but I didn't expect her to do that and it would be tight to fit it all in. Sounded like she would get to my place at 3pm if possible and my ceremony is at 4:30pm. She would have to do myself and my daughters makeup and then we would have to have time for the photographer and the last thing I want is to feel rushed. Still it might be do-able, I'm not sure. There I've had my little vent anyway :)

Hope everyone else's plans are going well :D

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:59 pm

I have popped some updates in my S&T I have been a busy little bee :D

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:26 am

Hi misspony :D There appears to be one or two "juniors" at the salon who may still be training. If all else fails I could have a trial with one.
We're secretly engaged because we have been together since last Christmas Day. FH was worried I think that his family would think he didn't know what he was doing :roll: He felt a year together more appropriate for the announcement so he says it will be announced on Boxing Day. I've met his family and get on well with them btw.
And yes it is very difficult at times when all you want to do is talk weddings :mrgreen:

Future_lms

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi everyone,
I've just started planning our wedding and was just after some venue suggestions! We're in Hobart and really have no idea. I've had a look at Meadowbank online and I love it but it may be out of our price range :( . I've also had a look at Barilla Bay which looks really pretty but not entirely sure about the whole ceremony at the same place as the reception thing. Which comes to my next question... Any ceremony venue ideas? We've decided not to get married in a church but really have no other ideas!

Thanks!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Future_Ims,

Welcome to the Tassie thread.

what sort of a venue are you after? There are heaps of places around - have a look on this website, it is all Tasmania http://www.bridetas.com.au/

Future_lms

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Tracylacy
I love bridetas! Just bought the latest mag. I'm really not sure! Don't really know where to start! FH and I are having a couple days off together to have a look at a few places. Just need to get a list together. I really like the whole reception at a vineyard concept but they seem to be on the expensive side of the scale or quite a distance out of the city which would then cause issues with people driving etc. as for the ceremony, I just can't think of anywhere!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 am

Yes misspony I agree. When he's the right one you really do just know :mrgreen:

Welcome Future_Ims :mrgreen: It's probably not what you're looking for but FH and I are having both our ceremony and reception at Newlands House. It's perfect for us as we love historic homes and it has an intimate feel to it which is what we wanted. It's in Mount Stuart so it's pretty central. Very reasonably priced too as we wanted well under $100 per head and this is waaaay under :mrgreen: I'm sure you'll find something suitable - good luck!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Have just put some pics of the replacement bridesmaid dress for my daughter and also my wedding dress. Not sure whether to keep the train or have it removed but time will tell. Pic of me there too but not in the dress :mrgreen:

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Arrrghh confussed where to have our weddin :(
want meals bout 30 a head and somewhere nice on Nwc :(

Future_lms

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 am

Tracylacy,
We have considered Newlands house but it turns out my future in-laws got married there and we kind of want to be a bit different.

We're going to go check out some places next week and we currently have four choices being Meadowbank, Hadleys, Barilla Bay and the Hilltop Granton. I'd also love to go to Peppermint Bay, but its so far out of the city and we really can't afford to charter the catamaran down there! I don't think finding a reception venue will be a problem though, more where the heck we're going to have the ceremony! I just can't think of anywhere and my google searches aren't helping that much.

Future_lms

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:59 am

Has anyone heard anything about Stonefield out at Brighton?

Greengirl

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been around much on the forum, but I just thought I'd check in on the Tassie thread. I am getting married on 7 Jan 2012 at Avi Fauna and Flora Garden in Margate. Our reception is at The Beach in Blackmans Bay. I've booked and organised all the main stuff, now just working on the details! There are SO MANY little things to do 8O

Future_Ims, What type of ceremony location would you like - indoor, garden, beach, something else? I haven't been to a wedding at any of the places you have shortlisted so far. I have been to lovely weddings are Cascade Visitor Centre in South Hobart - they have a garden you can get married in and a reception room. I have a friend who is getting married in December on the Bellerive Boardwalk and having her reception at Bellerive Yacht Club. There are lots of parks in Hobart where you can hold your ceremony, or there is Mawsons Pavillion on the water front - your organise these places through Hobart City Council.

Hope that might give you some ideas!

Rachael-lee

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:12 pm

My fh and I are getting married at glenlusk gardens in berridale. It's a private garden and very beautiful it might be a ceremoy venue to consider Ms_Ims!!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Welcome greengirl. Wow your wedding is not far off - I hope it's all going well :mrgreen:

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Welcome also to Rachael-lee :D Wow we're getting a few more Tassie girls here :mrgreen:

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:55 am

misspony wrote:
I've just discovered a Tasmania-centric wedding forum!!

http://www.tassiebride.com/forum/index.php

I am misspony on there as well, join up ladies, hopefully we can get it going a bit :D

I just joined :mrgreen:

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:28 pm

How romantic MissPony :heart: I think NY day is a great day to get married!

I am going to a wedding at Steeles Island next weekend. It is right near where I live - we are going to walk home after the wedding, that's how close to me it is!! It is right on the beach and you can stay there - it would be a really good venue for an informal beach wedding. There are steps down to the waters edge right in front of the venue. I might see whether I can get some photos for you if you are looking for any information in particular about it.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:01 am

misspony wrote:
So mrpony and I have changed our date - the November date was never set in stone, it was just a guideline really and all depending on what date his sister and family can travel from Germany to Australia.

Our new date is now January 1st, 2013. We first met on New Years Day 2011 so it is reflective of that plus the whole new beginnings type thing (even though we are already technically married, but whatever!).

Woo hoo misspony :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22