A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Re: Tasmania - Part 2

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:15 pm

misspony wrote:
Tracylacy that would be wonderful if you could report back and let me know what you think of it! That being said, I just got an email back from the people at Steele's Island and I will have to save a small fortune to be able to afford the wedding there 8O Might have to keep looking if we don't get a massive windfall!!

Really Misspony? - I would have thought that it wouldn't be that expensive - I thought my friends who are getting married there were trying to do their wedding quite cheaply. It surprises me that it is expensive.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:35 pm

misspony wrote:
Unless I misread the email (which is quite likely given how sick I am at the moment), minimum cost for the hire of the venue was $3,300 not including any meals or anything.

Good grief - if that is indeed correct the hire cost is around the same as the total cost of my reception 8O

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:40 pm

yep I am surprised that it costs that much - it is close to how much we are spending on our whole reception too!

Future_lms

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 am

Seriously I'm going nuts! We went out to Meadowbank 3 weeks ago and tentatively booked for 17th Nov 2012. Since then we haven't heard from the function manager at all!!!!!! She was supposed to send us a quote for the ceremony and reception as well as when we needed to put down a deposit. I've emailed a grand total of twice and called her once but still nothing and its driving me batty! Any one have any suggestions about what I should do? I really really really love it out there but I'm so cranky with this woman! Seriously how long does it take to write an email!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:13 pm

wow MissPony - it looks as though you are not mistaken - I cen't believe it is that much - that's disappointing - but I would prefer Stuarts Bay Lodge anyway, it's so beautiful down there. That was one of the first venues that we looked at, but we weren't sure whether it would be big enough, as we hadn't cut our guest list at that point.

So happy for you that the church is free on the date you want - another beautiful venue.

That is a disappointing effort from Meadowbank Future_Ims - I have been out there too and it is lovely. It worries me to hear about suppliers that are too lazy to get back to their customers promptly, because it makes me wonder how much care they will take on the actual day. I'm not sure what to suggest - maybe contact the management and tell them about your unhappy experience so for, they might be unaware of how this particular function manager handles things.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm

misspony wrote:
Future_lms wrote:
Seriously I'm going nuts! We went out to Meadowbank 3 weeks ago and tentatively booked for 17th Nov 2012. Since then we haven't heard from the function manager at all!!!!!! She was supposed to send us a quote for the ceremony and reception as well as when we needed to put down a deposit. I've emailed a grand total of twice and called her once but still nothing and its driving me batty! Any one have any suggestions about what I should do? I really really really love it out there but I'm so cranky with this woman! Seriously how long does it take to write an email!

I know exactly how you feel. I am having the same problems with the guy I have been organising things with at Stewarts Bay Lodge. I had emailled him originally and organised a time to come and see the venue when I was back in Tassie with mrpony - we turn up for the arranged appointment and he had no idea who I was, had no idea that we had organised the meeting, had no idea about what I had requested we were looking for about the reception venue and then spent about 3 minutes showing us one possible reception option.

When we had to change the dates, I sent him another email asking if the new date is possible, that we were still after just one room, not the entire restaurant and I get an email back saying "we are really busy at that time of year so can't give you exclusive access to the venue". Hello? That isn't what I asked for... I replied saying we were only wanting the one room that he had shown us, this was about a week ago - still haven't heard anything back from him. I am getting my fingers ready to type an email back to him asking if we should look for another venue for our reception. I really don't want to because the room and venue is exactly what we want, but if he is going to be this useless now, what will he be like when he actually has to pull his finger out and do something??

I really hope you both get some satisfaction soon - this is so unfair. It's not rocket science after all. Good luck.

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:16 pm

ok, which one of you lovely ladies booked Paul Redding photography?

He just sent me the sweetest email! He wanted to thank me for 'kind words on a wedding forum' I thought it was really nice of him to acknowledge the recommendation. :D

MissPony, the wedding at Steele's Island was beautiful - such a beautiful venue. There is heaps of room and they have just finished building a new outdoor/indoor function area. It's a covered in area with those plastic zip up sides (not sure if I have described that properly!) so none of the view is spoilt. The couple got married on the beach - they walked down the steps to the beach and the guests stood up the top looking down on the ceremony. I will post a pic so you see what I mean.

Picture that shows the view from inside

Picture that shows where they got married

I have seriously distorted the pictures, as I don't like the idea of posting pictures of other people without checking with them - hopefully they would be ok with this.

Misspony, how are you going with SBL? It will be such a shame if it doesn't work out - it would be perfect otherwise.

What about you Future_Ims? Are you still having trouble?

Got our rings today - I will post pics in S&T soon, have also got a FG dress, not absolutely in love with it, but it might grow on me - I will hang it up for a while, I think it is not looking it's best as it is all scrunched up from being posted. I want to change the sash on it to the same colour as my BMs, so have been investigating how to dye it - any ideas would be welcome.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:45 am

Tracylacy wrote:
ok, which one of you lovely ladies booked Paul Redding photography?

He just sent me the sweetest email! He wanted to thank me for 'kind words on a wedding forum' I thought it was really nice of him to acknowledge the recommendation. :D

It was me, remember? :mrgreen: I booked him in ages ago and finally got to meet him today and, of course, I had to pass on who had recommended him. He wasn't sure at first who you were but when I said month and location it clicked and he said he'd thank you :D He's really lovely and it was interesting to hear his thoughts on how he photographs weddings and about his style.

I wanted to meet him well before the wedding because I believe it's important to "click" with your photographer. I have no recollection of meeting the photographer before my first wedding almost 20 years ago (my ex-husband knew of him and booked him) and I felt really uncomfortable on the day and he even commented that I appeared uncomfortable when he started taking pics at my home.

So all in all a very productive day :mrgreen:

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 am

I was pretty sure that it was you, I wasn't sure whether you ended up booking him or not. I am about to send him an email back to arrange a meeting to finalise what we want. I am so glad to hear that he is living up to his reputation. :D

Future_lms

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Tracylacy - I'm still having a bit of trouble. I called the function manager on Tuesday and FINALLY managed to have a conversation with her. She told me she was going to email the quote through to me that day which of course didn't happen and two days later I'm still waiting. My fiance thinks I'm being a bit crazy and demanding already. I mean really if I wasn't so in love with Meadowbank I'd have thrown a hissy fit by now! I'm not being that unreasonable am I? I mean all I want is my goddamned quote which she'd already had done when I spoke to her, how hard is it to email it to me!!!!!!!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Tracylacy wrote:
I was pretty sure that it was you, I wasn't sure whether you ended up booking him or not. I am about to send him an email back to arrange a meeting to finalise what we want. I am so glad to hear that he is living up to his reputation. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He was really easy to talk to. He has his own style obviously and he doesn't formally pose people for shots but has the idea of what he's after, sets up the situation, and shoots :D So it was a pretty informal discussion. I will do a list down the track of people I want us to have pics with etc and possibly a couple of "must have" shots :mrgreen:

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 pm

I really feel for misspony and Future-Ims with the trouble they're having with reception venues :evil: I hope things are resolved soon.

Future_lms

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 am

misspony wrote:

I am considering organising a posse to go and talk to him, maybe they can go via Future-Ims venue people as well :twisted:

LOL!!! Sounds like a great plan to me! I'd definitely join in on that one.

Future_lms

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 am

Seriously just kill me now! So tempted to just elope right now. Except my mother might kill me. I got the quote from Meadowbank (finally!!!!) and they've booked our first choice date with someone else :( . So they've quoted us for 3rd Nov which was fine until I talked to the photographer I've fallen in love with and turns out she's booked for the 3rd. Serves me right for trying to organise things before I've got the date fixed.

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 am

Future_lms wrote:
Seriously just kill me now! So tempted to just elope right now. Except my mother might kill me. I got the quote from Meadowbank (finally!!!!) and they've booked our first choice date with someone else :( . So they've quoted us for 3rd Nov which was fine until I talked to the photographer I've fallen in love with and turns out she's booked for the 3rd. Serves me right for trying to organise things before I've got the date fixed.

Grrrrr :evil: You must be so annoyed. I hope you can work something out. We've been secretly engaged since April and I started organising everything then and have been lucky for the most part but it's been difficult doing it on my own and the thought of eloping has crossed my mind once or twice! Will be making the announcement on Boxing Day. Keep us all informed how you go and good luck :D

Future_lms

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am

Oh I will. I've lost my maid of honour to the US for the next month so I need someone to whinge to!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:59 am

Future_lms wrote:
Oh I will. I've lost my maid of honour to the US for the next month so I need someone to whinge to!

:mrgreen:

Future_lms

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:22 am

It's official... We have a wedding date! 3rd Nov 2012!!!! :D

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:24 am

Yay - so glad it worked out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Future_lms

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 am

TasKaz wrote:
Yay - so glad it worked out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Me too! Now I can actually do some planning!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14