A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Future_lms

Re: Tasmania - Part 2

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:09 pm

misspony wrote:
Yay! That was my date too until we had to change it!!

Does this mean that your reception people got back to you? I still have had no news whatsoever from Stewarts Bay Lodge. I've been too busy with starting a new job to do anything about it just yet.

Yeah they did. I ended up calling her until I actually got put through to her rather than leaving a message. A new job would definitely be a more pressing matter than worrying about stupid people who have the inability to reply to emails and phone calls!

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:26 pm

misspony wrote:

But the good news is that I potentially have a photographer who I love! Alice-Jane Webb from WebbProductions is free on our date and has very reasonable packages plus a style that I really, really love. So another thing to discuss with mrpony this afternoon and then hopefully we will be able to have another thing booked.

I never thought that wedding planning could be so stressful, I am starting to understand Bridezilla's now!!! :lol:

Firstly Congrats on your new job, that's great and so close to xmas aswell.. Bonus.....

Oh Webbproductions work looks fab and they look like they take put every bit of emotion into it too :D
and Oh planning is stressful hey just for one day hahah Goodluck though, and Ashame about the location, I'd be frustrated with the communication grrrrr

Future_lms

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:47 pm

misspony wrote:
We certainly cannot afford the prices that SBL now want us to pay that is for sure...

That sucks! I hope you find another place that you love

Have any of you guys looked at honeymoon registries? The honeymoon forum doesn't have much. Was just wondering if you have any travel agent impressions or reccommendations?

Future_lms

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Actually while I'm thinking about it. Do you guys have any DJ reccommendations for the Hobart area? I really should look into it at some point soon!

dec2012bride

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi all, FH and I are getting married on December 15, 2012.

We have booked the Tramsheds at Inveresk for our reception but we are stuck for ideas on where to have our ceremony.

Help me please!! Anywhere in the Launceston area would be a help!!!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:02 pm

dec2012bride wrote:
Hi all, FH and I are getting married on December 15, 2012.

We have booked the Tramsheds at Inveresk for our reception but we are stuck for ideas on where to have our ceremony.

Help me please!! Anywhere in the Launceston area would be a help!!!

What about at the Gorge? Can you get married at the Gorge? That would be beautiful

Rachael-lee

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey everyone,
I got married last weekend and just wanted to give a bit of feedback on our suppliers.
We got married at Glenlusk Gardens in Berriedale and the gardens were beautiful and the owners were lovely and helpful on the day. We had no problems with our 60 guests but if you had more then this I might imagine you could have a possible problem with parking!!
We had the reception at the Glenorchy RSl. The food was delicious and the staff were lovely!! The only downside was that we had to back up the night of the wedding which was easily enough done!!
Our celebramt was Jill Webster who was lovely kind helpful just overall wonderful!!!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Miss Pony - I hope you hear back from SBL as it would be an awesome venue - I would however be worried that if they are this unhelpful whilst you are only in the planning stages, that the are not likely to be much better once you have paid a deposit etc.

If you are interested, we had our reception at the Eaglehawk Community Hall - $80/day to hire and we brought in caterers and served our own alcohol. It was awesome and a perfect venue. There are also amazing photo ops down the road that the tessellated pavement and on the beach nearby.

It is approx 1/2 hour drive from Port Arthur and there is accommodation at the Lufra hotel which is just up the road which is also amazing. I should have some pictures soon - there are a few in my S&T, but I don't think any of them show off the venue very well.

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 pm

It would be nice and close still for everyone if you have your reception at the site - where abouts is the function room at the site? We had dinner at Felons Restaurant with my Mum a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing, so at least I could tell you that they seem to do good food there :D

I have pictures in my S&T - only non-pros, but they were taken by a guest who is really good with a camera and they have come out really wee. I can't wait to get the Pro pics, I think they should be a couple of weeks away.

Future_lms

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:28 pm

misspony - congrats on everything coming together for you. I love Sarah Williams. We were going to use her originally, until Meadowbank screwed up the date for us and she was no longer available :(.

Bought the dress today!!! So excited. Rayanne Bridal has a sale on this weekend and the dress was half price down from $2700 so it happily comes under the budget which is awesome! I forgot to tell you guys about the first dress shopping trip we went on... We found the bridesmaids dresses fairly easily at Storr's in Hobart. I tried on a few dresses there but nothing really popped. We went to Island Brides after that. They were really helpful up until the woman (not Sally) put a dress on me that was DOUBLE the budget that I had given her. It was an incredible dress and looked wonderful but there was no way in hell I was paying that much for it. Just really turned me off going in there again. Especially when she did ask what the budget was and she still went ahead and put that one on me. Annoying. Anyway doesn't really matter that much now that I've found the one.

Also with Meadowbank being taken over by Frogmore Creek, there's a new functions co-ordinator working there now. She replies to emails within like half an hour of me sending them! So in love with her just for that reason!

Hope everything is going well for all the other Tas brides out there!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Yay for booking your photographer Misspony - I have heard good things about her.

I am still ducking in to have a look, but the Tassie numbers do seem to be dwindling!

Anna25

Thu May 24, 2012 10:41 am

Is it any one know southern cross florist?i thinking order my flowers there, i had seen catalogues with bouquets looks amazing and prices so good!!but would be nice if some one had deal with them so i can not worry. :D

claire_bear000

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi Ladies :? First post and this looks like the place!
I'm just in very early planning stages and am looking at either the East Coast or Launceston, and just wanted to post a sort of shortlist of possible venues and see if anyone has photos/recommendations?
I'd prefer to have the ceremony and reception at the one location, and somewhere either with/close to accommodation for interstate/overseas guests.

Here's my ideas so far:
Piermont
Kabuki by the Sea
The Banc (Swansea)
White Sands/Diamond Island
Milton Vineyard

And near Launceston:
Bay of Fires Vineyard
Red Feather Inn

OK so it's not that short!
Love to hear from any of you!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:20 pm

If I was from up Launceston way I definitely would have got married at the gorge, the whole place is so beautiful!

claire_bear000

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:42 am

Oo lovely thanks for the replies! Yeah I do like the Gorge, and the restaurant is just lovely but I was worried about being gawked at by tourists a bit! I haven't been in that fairy glade part for years, that is gorgeous isn't it...
I am from Launceston originally, but because so much of my family is still there I thought any travelling guests can be well looked after, and I think they know it's going to have to be a bit of a holiday and hire car job.
I'll let you know how I get on deciding :)

claire_bear000

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:56 am

I'm literally just starting out, more about the inspiration at the moment than anything else! But one of the biggest challenges for us so far is whether to have a Tassie wedding, UK wedding (or both) or destination. So if we have a Tassie wedding (which is looking most likely and FH is keenest for) I want it to almost be a showcase of what we can offer down there. On a budget! That's why Bay of Fires vineyard is on the list, their Pinot is our favourite wine. And Freycinet region so the in-laws can see our fab beaches!
Just seen a bit of your show and tell board Misspony, love those cupcake towers!

claire_bear000

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 am

Yeah we live in the UK at the moment, going to make planning a bit interesting :( Are you doing all of yours from abroad? How many times have you visited to sort things?
Love the cupcake stand, very textured and sweet! And DIY too, can't beat it!

Anna25

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 am

Hi girls, here excellent wedding florist in Hobart, she work by appointment and charge much cheaper than florist stores, I pay for my bouquet 150.00 $ and in few stores I asked prices been around 300.00 and + we save money on bridesmaids bouquets and arrangement at total we save 1200$ with her!
Here is website of her: http://www.southerncrossflorist.com
they also have page on Facebook
Good luck girls!

Cheers

claire_bear000

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 am

Hiya MissPony, hope all planning is going well! Can you tell me about what you are having to do re legalities? I dread paperwork, one of the most horrible things about being abroad and I am not sure how the wedding process works when one of the couple are non-Australian?

claire_bear000

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks so much for the reply, that put my mind at ease a bit, seems like not too much hard work! I am getting a bit wedding inspiration-obsessed, but unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to do any proper planning till the new year because I am in the process of applying for a new visa here, and I've got my fingers crossed but if for some reason it is rejected and I have to leave the country in a hurry then whatever we'd planned might have to be changed. Sigh!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39