A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bec31

Re: Tasmania - Part 2

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:51 am

Hi Misspony - I'm a newbie to all this wedding planning, so still learning alot about what needs to be organised for a wedding to actually happen! lol.

I'm not getting married until Nov 2013, but i was surprised with how soon venues/celebrants all book out. Once we had set the date, it was a huge challange to get all the places that we wanted to be available on the same day. I'm beginning to have nightmares about a wedding dress and how i wont be able to find "the one" thats within my budget. I could always spent a little more, but i REALLY don't want to as the wedding is already going to cost a fortune and we have already discussed that we will not apply for a loan for this wedding.

I have gone back and read a little in this forum and i'm just wondering if you have come down from germany yet? It must be much more difficult to organise a wedding from overseas. I'm finding it hard just to plan it locally.

Hope to see more tassie girls in here!..

Angasi catering

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi girls,
I have a wedding catering and planning business and I don't mean to stalk you on the forum ;) I'm just searching out the best way to get our name out there to brides to be! I had a very successful restaurant and wedding reception venue, Angasi - at the Bay of Fires and now we are mobile catering weddings all around Tasmania and assisting with wedding planning . I have been closely involved in over 60 weddings, and can provide professional and very unique receptions tailored to budgets in any location, and I mean ANY. Any thoughts on how you searched for venues and catering etc would be so great if you can spare a second. I know it's hard to find caterers and magical venues in Tas, but im not sure how people are searching for these services online.
All the best,
Anita - Angasi Catering

Court

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey I'm new here and we are considering having our wedding at the Cataract Gorge, saw that someone had added a picture of a good place but wasn't exactly sure where to find it, would love somewhere private but as you can't actually book a spot we will probably have to choose a couple of potentials just in case. Also the laws saw you can't have alcohol in there but has anyone done it without any trouble? Thanks :)

wannabemarried

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi misspony! :)

I am in the South of Tassie, looks like you are North?

We are having a Sunday wedding and I just got a quote for hair/make up of $170 ($120 for a trial) - at first I though that was expensive, but I think it may be reasonable?? It is a mobile service, so she will come to my house. And I don't think I have any other options, because none of the salons here are open on Sundays!!

claire_bear000

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Well it is less than a year until my wedding, and our plans are slowly coming together, I'm in the middle of dress shopping but haven't found 'the one' and beginning to think I'm not going to!
As we are planning from the UK this has been interesting but here's what we are doing:
Red Feather Inn - booking out the whole inn for the weekend, so family can stay too. This is perfect as it's close enough to the airport for out-of-towners and is pretty much all-inclusive, definitely the easiest way to go about this!
Michelle Dupont Photography - can't wait for our photos, I love everything I've seen from her!
Celebrant - friend of my Mums
Flowers - I want to do myself (even the bouquets). I've booked into a workshop later in the year and am going pretty simple (a few stems in lots of little vases) so don't see a problem. I had my parents go to the Evandale markets to see how much bunches of flowers would cost, does anyone have any other suggestions for getting seasonal flowers cheaply? I am open to getting the bouquets made by a florist but I'll decide after the workshop!
Bridesmaid dresses - will be made to measure from etsy, but I love them! They are a purple-grey floral print, knee length.

So I think we've got all the basics. I also intend to do my own makeup...
Does anyone have any recommendations for photobooths? Tassie really doesn't have a lot of options for entertainment. I think if I could have anything I'd want a mariachi band (doing covers of our favourite songs of course!)

claire_bear000

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks Miss Pony! Hmm yes I might be interested in someone for decorations, although the catering is part of the deal already.
That's a great little spot on the facebook group, I'll definitely have a look!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31