A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

laridae

Re: Tasmania

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:03 am

Anyone used Tsunami in Lenah Valley for their hair/makeup (do they even do it?) they are pretty close to where I live so would be convenient. Anyone got any idea what they charge?
Thanks
Louise

Rachael-lee

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi all,
Im new on here so still figuring it all out :)
I'm just wondering if anybody on here has used The Golden Roast as catering?
Or been to a function catered by them??
If so how was it??
Cheers!

laridae

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 am

Hi Kalua
There is a open garden a short way (less than 1km) up Nierinna Rd in Margate - its fairly nice - its on the right hand side of the road. Not sure what its called. Also - the conservatory at the botanical gardens is a little more private than the open sites (thats where I'm having mine) - but might be a little warm in November. Or Cascade Gardens is nice. Or perhaps the Thermal Pool at Hastings Caves? The area around it is quite nice - you could do a catered BBQ/roast for the reception. The Golden Roast I think is around $20-$30 pp - I've heard good things about them - they nearly catered my work xmas do last year (they turned up along with another caterer my work was choosing between 2 so booked them both and forgot to cancel one - so they turned up started cooking and then were sent away - the food looked really good though)
I'm having my reception at The Windjammer in Moonah ($35 pp) - which is cheapish - they offer a buffet style meal. But the resturant is themed (Nautical/Pirate theme) - which works well for me 'cause I'm having a pirate themed wedding/reception, but may not suit if you are going for something more traditional. My sister hired the local hall and decorated that for her wedding - guests were all asked brought a plate of food instead of gifts.

*carebear*
Almost there
Almost there

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Hey Girls.
Nice to see some new people in here :)

Thanks for that laridae. :)

You seem to know a bit about places lol do you know of any good places that can be hired out so you can get your own catering in?

We were basically dead set on having the whole wedding at cascade until we had a look at it set for a wedding last weekend. it was set for 80 which is around our numbers and it just seemed to squashed in for what i want.

So now im trying to find another venue that isnt to expensive but also a bit roomy as well was think of hiring a place and getting catering but have no idea where i could hire that will let you bring your own caterers.

Ive nearly given up on the whole thing because both times ive booked and nearly paid a deposit something has happened and puts me straight back to square 1!

Im not a very good planner haha

*carebear*
Almost there
Almost there

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Rachael-lee wrote:
Hi all,
Im new on here so still figuring it all out :)
I'm just wondering if anybody on here has used The Golden Roast as catering?
Or been to a function catered by them??
If so how was it??
Cheers!

One of my friends partner knows one of the people that run Golden Roast and i have heard great things about them!

Rachael-lee

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks!!! Ive been on to their website and the picture of the food looks delicious but you cant really judge from that!!!

laridae

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 pm

You can normally hire out community halls and bring in your own catering - plus they don't normally charge much for the hire fee. My sister hired out the hall at Snug - I was looking at the one in Lenah Valley 'cause its close to where I live. Some of the councils have info on their websites on what halls are available (http://www.brighton.tas.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=231 , http://hobartcity.com.au/HCC/STANDARD/F ... KINGS.html ) - and some of the halls just have signs outside them. The phone number for the Lenah Valley one is 6228 5811 (Mrs F Ibbott). Thats the one on Creek Road near the oval.

Rachael-lee

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:03 pm

The lindisfarne rowing club hire fees are quite good and you can bring in a caterer there.
The only thing is you have to be a member to hire it. The membership fee is $20.
They have table and chairs for up to 150 people I think. It was reccomended to me from a friend who's work uses it for functions.

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 am

Has anyone had a wedding at Hatchers Manor?

kristi1986

Re: Brickendon

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey Everyone!
Im also new to this site...... My fiance' and I are getting married 13th November 2010 at Brickendon in Longford.. its absolutly beautiful out there! We have booked our reception at The Tramsheds in Launceston, but I am wanting to know if anyone has any feedback they can give me on the Tramsheds, as I don't know anyone that has had/been to a reception there, but my photographer reccomended them to me.
Look foward to hearing from anyone who has any feedback!

Cheers,
Kristi

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Went to a wedding at Brickendon and it was gorgeous. Think they had their reception at The Happy Chef which was awesome.

kristi1986

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 am

Yes Brickendon is beautiful!
I have been to the Happy Chef also, and they do the best food! The only thing I found, was the venue was a tad small for us. But if I was having a small wedding, I would deffinatly go there!

littlemiss123
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Does anyone have a contact for Horse and Carriage hire in the north of the state?

I've only found one ad and thats for sheffield which isn't very practical and they also use standardbreds but i have my heart set on clydesdales

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 pm

A friend got married at Brickfield and they had a horse and cart. Will try find out for you. I'm getting married at Hatchers and they have one I can use. I can also take my own horse along!

jessbadkitty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Does anyone have a contact for Horse and Carriage hire in the north of the state?

I've only found one ad and thats for sheffield

Could I possibly get the details of the one in Sheffield? I would love to look into it! :wink:

Sorry I can't help you out with what you're after! Good Luck!

Jess
xox

charliebanks

Tasmania Query.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Hello all. First time here... hope I'm posting a question right. jaja

Anyway... I am getting married in Tassie in November... I was wanting to know what the weather is like there that time of year. One thing specifically is the daylight... my co-ordinator suggest a 5:00 service... I am weary because I still want there to be enough daylight for us to get photos done afterwards... however she assured me that around that time of the year- the sun should stay out until 9pm... is this true?? Thank you ladies!!

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:50 am

Yep with daylight savings you shouldn't have any problems. At the moment it's gets dark around 5:30-6pm but come November you'll be fine. Best to talk to your photographer about it though. The weather is usually good November to. Should be warm without being too hot. We are using Helenna Blundell from Reflective Image. She's great price and we've loved the work she's done for us so far. This is some of it.

littlemiss123
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:23 pm

the number for the sheffield horse and carriage service is 6491 2030

you can look up what time sunset will be in november, top nov temps are around 18-22 degrees depends on what part of the state though. we're getting married at the end of november and sunset is at 8.25 on the 28th Nov. there is about a half our difference between the start and end of nov in terms of sunset times.

kristi1986

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm

admin helper wrote:
Tasmanian brides - share your ideas, info and stories here.

Anyone had their reception at the Happy Chef in Longford?
I am thinking about changing ours to there, but am just a bit concerned as we have about 80 people coming to the wedding, and it seems quite small inside.
Any info anyone has, would be great :)
Cheers!

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:36 am

Friend had hers at happy chef and I'd say she had around 80. It was a nice size and didn't feel like a tight fit. Plenty of room with the dance floor, bar etc.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.44