A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mrsctobe2011
Bridezilla in the making ♥

Re: Tasmania

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 am

John Casimaty is prett good for cars - I called him in a panic last weekend when a bridal car pulled out (yes, on the day of the wedding!) and he organised one for me. http://www.chauffeursdirectory.com/hobart_stretch_limousine.html

I have an email from him with prices, if you want to PM me your details I can forward it on to you :)

mrsctobe2011

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 am

Juzzy84 wrote:
Oh and to whom ever recommended PMC photography, i have to say a big thank you! I was originally going with Mark Seaton, but he has been promising to call me for close to 2 months, so i told him not to bother and last week, after reading this thread, i emailed Paul and thankfully they are available on the day and have been a lot more open in terms of communication and helping us get the wedding photography that WE want.

Anyway, thank you!

Who is Mark Seaton? I just googled him and couldn't find a website - never a good sign for a photographer!

We are going with Wayne Enright from Deloraine - very casual, very affordable, and his photos are great!

Juzzy84
♥ forever & always ♥
♥ forever & always ♥

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 am

mrsctobe2011 wrote:

Who is Mark Seaton? I just googled him and couldn't find a website - never a good sign for a photographer!

We are going with Wayne Enright from Deloraine - very casual, very affordable, and his photos are great!

He was referred to me by Cradle Mountain Lodge (we are getting married there), figured it was easier to go with someone whom the lodge had worked with previously. Yeah, as far as i know he doesnt have a website but he sent me a CD of his work, which was actually quite good. But his communication (or lack of it) really put me off. Im getting a better deal with PMC and they are soooo much easier to deal with.

Ive heard of Wayne, his work looks good too!

Hobartgal31

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.
We went to see some of the churches and loved St George's in Battery Point - so we have pencilled that in and have an appointment with them next week..it's such a pretty setting.
Also we booked in the Tin Men for the band and Anthea Auld (sp?) as the photographer after a fair bit more research.
So everything's coming together yay!
Still need cars (looking at that John Casimaty site now (thanks) and flowers. I am sure there are posts re flowers if I have a look back but any recommendations are appreciated!
7 months exactly today hehe

mrsctobe2011

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Hobartgal31 wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone.
We went to see some of the churches and loved St George's in Battery Point - so we have pencilled that in and have an appointment with them next week..it's such a pretty setting.
Also we booked in the Tin Men for the band and Anthea Auld (sp?) as the photographer after a fair bit more research.
So everything's coming together yay!
Still need cars (looking at that John Casimaty site now (thanks) and flowers. I am sure there are posts re flowers if I have a look back but any recommendations are appreciated!
7 months exactly today hehe

Well done Hobartgal31!! Sounds like you've had a productive few days!! :D

feebeegee

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 am

hi all - i've only just discovered this forum and am quite excited ... wedding plans are going swimmingly ... engaged 19 Sept 2009 - wedding booked for Sunday 19 September 2010!! a morning wedding - so we get to enjoy the whole day together and not have to wait until the afternoon or evening to see each other!! very exciting!! second time round for me (let's not talk about that), but first (and only...) time for H2B ...

I've begun checking things off the list - this will be the ebay wedding of the century - can't believe how expensive everything is to buy at regular shops. Tried on a couple of dresses, and in the end found one on ebay - yes it's from China - really really cheap (1 tenth of the price of the dress I tried on...) and good feedback, so crossing my finger - the dress should arrive in a week or so (i am so hoping it will be ok...). One of the problems I had was that none of the dresses I tried on had sleeves - and me, being a chunky sort of gal, really don't want to expose my upper arms to the world at large ... so found an ebay seller who would add sleeves to the sleeveless dress on his website, as well as make a chiffon wrap for good measure ... (can't wait for it to arrive...) ... white dress, red shoes ...

theme of the wedding will be 'RED' - so we're asking everyone to wear something red if they can - either their whole outfit, or just a splash of red, red scarf, red tie, red shoes - anticipating that the photos will be amazing (if everyone plays along...)

met with the celebrant tonight and she is now booked - just need to work out what sort of ceremony we would like - I told her the main focus is FUN!!. booked local hall for reception, and Golden Roast. A little untraditional, but we're going to have one of those 'pay for your meal in lieu of a gift' weddings, which means we can invite everyone we would like to, and then they choose whether they are able to come or not ... takes a lot of the stress out of it I'm thinkin'... actually getting married on our property at Levendale in a special little place we cal Paradise Patch - just beautiful - the location of the proposal - so even doubly special ...

looking to order flowers, and although have made some enquiries, nothing finalised yet - any ideas on who I could get on eastern shore or hobart area??. also looking for bridesmaid dresses - one for my 19 yr old daughter and the other for my 'mature' 45 yr old bestie ... any suggestions as to how we find something that will compliment each other whilst not being exactly the same (given the age difference??)

photographer is tricky - H2B is actually a photographer by profession, so he said he'll be handling that (hopefully with one of his colleagues...)

have found rings (on ebay of course) but don't want to rush in and get everything now - but then don't want to leave everything until the last minute either ... what does everyone think - should i just get them now or should I wait??

also wondering if anyone has any suggestions about my flower girl (9yrs old) need a style of dress to suit her she is rather tall for her age and a big little girl (about a size 12-14) want something that she feels comfortable in, but don't want to draw attention to her problem areas with too much gathering etc ... any ideas??

wedding cars is H2B's job - he's talking about a helicopter ... yeah right, i can just see me climbing out of one of those and falling flat on my face!!! I hope he's joking!! i think my anxiety levels would go through the roof!!

I think i've decided on a cake style - and vaguely entertaining the idea of making it myself (a friend has offered to decorate) ... still not sure about my cooking abilities - but someone gave me some names today that might come in handy so that decision might be made in a few days ...

PHEW!! it's so exciting - this is almost therapeutic writing it all down ... hopefully will have more to tell soon ... really enjoying reading up on everyone else's adventures of wedding planning ... FUN, FUN!!!

till next time,

feebeegee :)

MrsW2BE

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi girls,

Unfortunately due to the poor response of WC in relation to the removal of the Duosheng thread I will be unsubscribing myself from this forum. Yes, I'm grumpy!

Anyway I've moved over to Bridez United if any of you want to catch up over there. No half as big as WC but very personal and awesome moderator. Good luck everyone... :D

Rachael-lee

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Me and my partner have decided we would like to have a beach wedding. Does anyone know of some appropriate beaches down southern tasmania?

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:16 am

Hi There

Blackmans Bay is lovely.... and if your looking for a reception renue in the same area The Beach Resteraunt has a lovely function room overlooking the beach... beautiful view.

I was going to have my reception there but couldnt find a ceremony venue (we were after a garden)

Good Luck

Hobartgal31

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:37 am

Clifton Beach has some secluded areas which are suitable although it can be windy
I have been to beach ceremonies at 5 mile beach and nutgrove

Hobartgal31

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:13 am

I would suggest that you find a place where you can plan for an outdoor ceremony but that has an option for if it does rain which is highly possible even in March. What about a vineyard?
Places like Meadowbank and Home Hill have outdoor ceremonies but indoor options and have websites.
Otherwise I would suggest Runnymede (heritage home - has a garden with indoor option)
best of luck!
We're going to Peppermint Bay too (yay)

Rachael-lee

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Thank you for your beach suggestions. I will look into them.

mrsctobe2011

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Rachael-lee wrote:
Thank you for your beach suggestions. I will look into them.

It depends on how far out of town you want to go. FH and I are getting married at Verona Sands, which is about an hour from Hobart. We are renting a beach house down there and are having the reception in the backyard! Cremorne Beach is also very nice.

jessbadkitty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Hey Jols,

I'm just in Ulverstone so not too far from where you'll be based! If you need any help feel free to PM me!

Have you thought about Hawley House?
http://www.hawleyhousetas.com/

or Glencoe Guest house?
http://www.babs.com.au/glencoe/index.htm

There are others but I can't think of names at the moment! Just got back from Hobart a couple of hours ago after my brother's wedding on the weekend!

Hope this helps... will try remember the others soon!

Jess
xox

zadora

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi all - My fiancée and I live in Hobart & are getting married in Hawaii this October. I am about to start looking for a dress and was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on their experiences in Hobart and what the better boutiques are? Thanks :)

cheryl6
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:06 pm

zadora wrote:
Hi all - My fiancée and I live in Hobart & are getting married in Hawaii this October. I am about to start looking for a dress and was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on their experiences in Hobart and what the better boutiques are? Thanks :)

Not sure what you are after but I went to Strutt design studio in Moonah and they were great. I also had an experience with Luxe (not sure if they are still under that name?) in Town and they were also good, had more Australian designers but were more expensive, it really depends what you are after.
Cheryl

Hobartgal31

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm

I found RayAnne very helpful and also Brides of hobart above Les Lees. I had pre-arranged appointments with both and they did not pressure me for time and I felt relaxed and they were really helpful.
Other people often have problems with ray anne personally but her assistant helped me and she was lovely.

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Rayanne was very good.
you might wanna try Island brides in Harrington street. they had a good range too
Luxe is quite expensive for wedding gowns but they have a good range of bridesmaid dresses. (im getting mine from there $220 each)

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 pm

To buy my dress off the shelf would cost $2500 minimum but to have it made has only come to $700 so i'm thrilled with that.

Alicia

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 pm

I've recently been looking for my wedding dress:
Trudy at Rayanne's is fantastic, very helpful and friendly. She is very honest and makes you feel really comfortable. Same with Isobel at Luxe.
Les Lees also have beautiful dresses but they don't do alterations at all.
I found the lady at Island Brides not helpful and didn't listen to what I was looking for, seemed like she just wanted a sale.
Hope this is helpful to anyone looking.

Does anyone know where I can find wedding shoes in Hobart? Most of the ones I have found have very high heels (which would make me much taller than my fiancee as we are the same height) otherwise has anyone had experience with buying shoes online?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.05