missbexie
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥

Re: Canberra

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 pm

mrscampbell wrote:
missbexie wrote:
belle3651 wrote:
I am going to book Mobydisc as the DJ. Has anyone had any experience with them before?

I am booking them too!! Very well priced! For the 5 or 6 hours (can't remember) it was only $375 I think... and they will MC for free!!

I used Mobydisc and wasn't that happy with them to be honest.

Thank you!! That is very helpful. We do have a friend who will do the whole night (doesn't matter bout how long) for $400... and he's pretty good, so maybe I will get him... He usually does weddings/brithday parties etc.

MardieOCT09
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:40 pm

MissBexie,

What a shame, good luck finding another venue. St Johns in Reid is really pretty and quite big too.

I think I heard an advertisment for a wedding fair on Sunday, does anyone know where it is? Maybe the Brassey? I wasn't obviously didn't listen properly. :D

MardieOCT09
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm

I found it:

The Brassey of Canberra from 10am to 4pm on 15 March 2009

Niki
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:46 pm

missbexie wrote:
omg, ok we have waay too many people to fit in Gold Creek Chapel!!!
I don't know what to do! We're obviously going to have to find another place but it means we lose that stupid non-refundable $300 deposit. I think that is kinda dumb! It's still over 6 months out so they can replace our time...
I am upset cause I love that chapel! I so badly want to get married there but we've done our list and with all the people we know will come is already at like 160 people, and that's if none of Joe's army mates come from townsville (which I know a few will come).
Bah!! Any suggestions on other churchs still beautiful and not expensive? Any other ideas??

Bexie how many people are you having?? The Chapel can hold 120 comfortably and you can open the doors aswell? I don't think people will mind too much if they stand during the (30 min) ceremony? We are having around 100 ppl and I think it will be fine!

My difference in price with the dress was around $1k....I know, awful! But the dress is something my mum has bought and will be buying for me and my sisters, which is good for me anyway!

katbunney
Little Miss Pink BunnEy
Little Miss Pink BunnEy

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 pm

I highly recommend for decorator is A touch of Elegance. They were absolutely fantastic and were the best price we could find...he has an insane business..on the day we got married we were 1 of his 12 weddings that he set up 8O you wouldn't know that cause he works all the night before to get it done. I highly recommend him.

missbexie - You can get married at other outdoor venues like the Carillon, Botantical Gardens if you don't want a church..

missbexie

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:53 pm

OK I am breathing now!!!!
Called lyn this morning and figured out we can fit 30 people outside too, they just open up the side doors and put out chairs there... not the best view but better than not coming at all!!
And I have been more ruthless :oops: with the guest list and got it to 145 with room for 5 extras... (these are again the 90-99% def will come people) out of our total list of 170ish...

Wow tell ya what... I didn't sleep much last night! Suprised me how stressed I was!!! lol. But it's all sorted. Thank God

Thanks everyone for your help!

missbexie

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Oh and can anyone help with cheap chair cover hire??
We're looking at paying like $900 just for stupid chair covers! If we DIY it will still be around $550.
Cheapest quote I have got is $3.30 per chair DIY or $5.50 inc set-up/pack down.
If we DIY, guess who's going to be putting chair covers on in her wedding dress between photo's and reception?? That's right! ME! lol...

DonsLady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 pm

What's my ticker up to now?... I'm going to start the lite n easy ready made dinners at the 2.5 year mark - Ordering will be simple at 28 dinners home delivered per month ($240) & then concentrate on slowly raising my activity level over the next year so then I have one year to learn to maintain my weight rather then yoyo'ing 15 kgs... and getting involved with regular exercise - be it walking or simply riding my recumbent exercise bike. If I am successful my goal is to go to Fernwood or another ladies gym at least 3-5 times a week. :D

Woohoo I just read the preview post - I have 19 days till I start my diet... April 1st... 2009.

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Just placed a tentative booking with Poachers Pantry for the wedding reception.

Now to convince the FH that the guest list is the last thing on our minds at the moment. He is saying he doesn't want to put a booking until he's seen the guest list. I'm trying to tell him that the more important thing is to put down a booking for the reception so we have a reception venue. THEN further down the track (say December) we can start thinking about the guest list. There's 9 more months and there's bound to be fluctuations (not that I'm expecting to be much cos most of the list is immediate family).

Niki
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:32 pm

missbexie wrote:
Oh and can anyone help with cheap chair cover hire??
We're looking at paying like $900 just for stupid chair covers! If we DIY it will still be around $550.
Cheapest quote I have got is $3.30 per chair DIY or $5.50 inc set-up/pack down.
If we DIY, guess who's going to be putting chair covers on in her wedding dress between photo's and reception?? That's right! ME! lol...

Miss Bexie I'm using 'A tough of elegance' and his price was $5.5 for cover and sash and also included set up and pick up (which I thought was awesome). We are also getting a bunch of other stuff from him like table arrangements, canopy and lights. He does do a crazy amount of weddings every weekend and in my experience he was the best supplier in terms of responding quickly to emails, price and time/experience in the industry. I went to a few other places aswell - one place I visted in person and was told that they would send me a quote and never did!

Gald to hear you are staying at the Chapel :) :)

Niki
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Oh and Bexie he may also give you a deal if you are going to hire that many covers!

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:53 pm

I have 19 days till I start my diet

How exciting for you, Good Luck! And remember, it's not just a "diet" but will be a healthier lifestyle, changes for the better, you'll feel so full of energy and fantastic!!!! It can get tough, if you need some support feel free to PM me, I know how hard the struggle is, and am still doing it every day!...Why is there no "thumbs up" smiley LOL

Kaywoman, I agree about booking first then worrying about numbers! Usually most places you book only want a rough idea until a couple of weeks prior to the actual day anyway. We did a "guesstimate" (ha ha, or guestimate should be more accurate) just so we had a fair idea of what we'd be looking at paying for food/per head etc. As long as you have the venue booked and secured and think that you fit into their limited number/maximum number etc then it's fine....men don't get it sometimes :roll:

missbexie

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:55 pm

I got a quote from him and no deal... still $5.50 which will be like $900!!! We just don't have that kind of money to spend on something as silly as chair covers.
I want a ceiling canopy and he quoted me like $400 but I can get one for $290 so I think I'll do that instead...

And yes I am VERY glad I am staying at the chapel!

:)

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 pm

*mamabear* wrote:
Kaywoman, I agree about booking first then worrying about numbers! Usually most places you book only want a rough idea until a couple of weeks prior to the actual day anyway. We did a "guesstimate" (ha ha, or guestimate should be more accurate) just so we had a fair idea of what we'd be looking at paying for food/per head etc. As long as you have the venue booked and secured and think that you fit into their limited number/maximum number etc then it's fine....men don't get it sometimes :roll:

Tell me about it :laugh:

I've told FH I've put a tentative booking and we have 14 days. Now he's mumbling about having bills and rent to pay this month too..... :roll: *sigh* It's so difficult being male..........

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:45 pm

It's so difficult being male..........

:lol: *Snorts* :lol: They'd have us believe it...and then we marry them :roll: :lol: LOL

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Yea.......... 8O

FH reckons I only wanna marry him for the ring

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:26 pm

rofl!!!!

Have found a place that does spray tanning, and am going to book in for a trial. Please don't let me turn Orange :P
I'll update on how it goes... :lol:

DonsLady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 pm

*mamabear* wrote:
I have 19 days till I start my diet

How exciting for you, Good Luck! And remember, it's not just a "diet" but will be a healthier lifestyle, changes for the better, you'll feel so full of energy and fantastic!!!! It can get tough, if you need some support feel free to PM me, I know how hard the struggle is, and am still doing it every day!...Why is there no "thumbs up" smiley LOL

Mamabear thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement... I'll keep you all up to date on how I am going :)

BTW - I won't be buying a dress from 'Zero Love" - They make too many mistakes for me to be stressing over a dress... So I will buy a second hand designer dress from the net instead. I have a quite a lot of time to choose something tasteful.

Cheers,

DonsLady :heart:

DonsLady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm in love with this Maggie Sottero - Nyna dress - 09 - They have it for sale at Brides of Manuka -

http://www.bridesofmanuka.com.au/galler ... temId=2181

But I found a website that sells authentic Maggie Sottero dresses & other designer dress for up to 1/3 off the actual retail price in America!!!...

http://www.bridalgown.net/storefrontpro ... i=68820306

The dress works out at about $1,300 AUS - Including postage and insurance to Australia BUT it takes about 4 months to arrive.

I think I'm sold on this dress...

I wonder what the difference between white and diamond white is?... Anyone care to fill me in?

I think my wedding dress search is over... Yayyy...

Cheers,

DonsLady :heart:

DonsLady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Here is a photo of the front and back of the dress -

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... le=A3235CS
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02