A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

OestaraRose

Re: Canberra

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I just took a photo of my engagement ring and wedder :)

OestaraRose

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 pm

My rings were custom made by the sale of the century jeweller - Michelle Germani in Sydney - The ring was fashioned from a hearts on fire ring -

http://www.heartsonfire.com/?utm_source ... ngs&type=1

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I've organised celebrant and ceremony venue. Will get around to reception venue hopefully this weekend if nothing upsets OH before then (haven't been feeling well).

Haven't organised anything else but then I've still got a little while to go. I'm getting the major things organised first. Not gonna start looking at dresses until I lose some weight.

OestaraRose

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Who is DonsLady - RosesAreLovely?

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:17 pm

sarahjayne wrote:

Slightly OT but has DonsLady/RosesAreLovely gone or is she just waiting for the heat to die down?

Sorry for the double post

She probably got a warning from the mods about her behaviour.

She did upset quite a few people with her behaviour - some of which was uncalled for (going into other people's threads and making nasty comments).

I think it would be best for her to stay away from this forum for a while.

missbexie
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:30 pm

yeah... we have big families!
I only wanted 130 max including bridal party... but that didn't happen!
Prob is, even if we just invited fam, it would be around 110, our fam friends take up most of the other 50 with very few close friends.
If I had it my way I wouldn't invite half my fam cause I never speak to them and why should I have to not invite my friends just cause somehow I am related to some person who never speaks to me... Bah...wedding politics

missbexie

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Ok back on topic... she isn't worth our attention! After all, that's what she was after...

SO... lol. Now I have nothing to say damn it! hehe

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:06 am

OMG, The one night I go out and don't check this thread, and it's on fire LOL...4 pages....usually there is just one answer or something :lol:

OestaraRose- Welcome!!! Sounds like all your plans are coming along nicely, how exciting :D I love your ring set, just stunning!!!!

Kaywoman- No worries, I never knew it was there either and only found it through the search engine!

Missbexie-
Bah...wedding politics
Oh, I hear you. We have the same problem, which is why the ceremony is parents/siblings/grandparents only (so like 15 people) then a cocktail reception for 150 (30 being kids!). That way they all can come and celebrate, but we can still keep the ceremony private and for those close to us. We're both from huge families too, and the majority are understanding....the only ones who weren't happy about it were the real awful nosy nasty ones (that we can't stand, hence why they aren't invited to the ceremony!)- but they're 'family"....LOL

Phew hope I didn't miss anyone....

OestaraRose

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:57 am

I was wondering if anyone had any links to makeup artists that work with good hair stylists in Canberra?

I've had a look at the past history here and saw the thread about makeup artists (looked at the links) & noticed the majority work alone.

Ideally I would like a professional makeup artists and hair stylist to visit me at my home, because the last thing I want to be doing on my wedding day is travelling all over Canberra just to get ready.

OestaraRose

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:15 am

I found a good link to wedding shoes -

http://www.suna.com.au/getcategory.php?cat=2&cur_page=z

Does anyone have any more links to wedding shoes?

katbunney
Little Miss Pink BunnEy
Little Miss Pink BunnEy

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi girls!

Well it has been a bit of drama here...

I don't really have much to add, but I like to come back and visit the forum especially the Canberra one to see what is happening. When I was getting married last year the Canberra forum was pretty quiet..glad its getting more attention from you lovely ladies.

Welcome to OestaraRose! I'm sure you will find helpful info.

I used Bentleys as I have raved about many a times in this thread and many others but you have to go to their studio they don't come to you. But it is your own bridal studio for the day and I thought it was worth it but does depend on where you live. I was only 10 minutes from Jamison so it wasn't a big deal to travel on the day and my ceremony was only 5 minutes away from my house.

On the family front, I alone have 130 relatives without DHs side. But we just drew a line and said we are only inviting the people that matter to us and who we have had some involvement with over the last couple of years. I also had an added advantage that I don't have any family of my own in Canberra so interstate wedding for my family meant I could get away more with not inviting them.

My advice to anyone is to only invite who you want to be there as its a special day. Yes there are wedding family politics but I still reckon its the best thing we ever did!

Heavenly Melody
Cheeky Cherub
Cheeky Cherub

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Dont be fooled ladies.

Don's Lady/ Rosesarelovely/ Oestara Rose :roll: are all the same person.

She's back again with a new username and hoping people wont notice, under the guise that her wedding details are a 'surprise' - she isnt posting them because we will recognise her things.

She is using a similar avatar and username to her previous incarnation. She has also commented on her own dress... how sad and pathetic... and complemented Bexie after previously insulting her in the Zero Love thread.

After offending multiple users on WC and getting a warning for her rude, racist comments on WC (she called me a 'typical asian' - whatever that means :wink:), she has logged onto Easy Weddings and gotten kicked off that forum too. Now she is back on WC as Oestara Rose and trying to ingratiate herself in this thread.

Now that she has been found out - yet again!!! :lol: Lets wait and see what unoriginal insults she shall throw around now. Maybe her catchphrase 'none of your business!!!' or 'I am reporting you all for instigating problems!!!' :e_sleeping: :e_sleeping: :e_sleeping:

What I want to know is when this vicious bigot of a woman will be banned from WC for good!!!

OestaraRose

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:24 pm

I have not been on this website before and was told about it from a good friend who has also posted on here a while ago. I don't appreciate being told I am someone else in 'guise'... If you have any problems with this board? Take it to the mods. I find all of this very amusing and am wondering if it really is worth my time being here if I am going to be insulted.

Heavenly Melody
Cheeky Cherub
Cheeky Cherub

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Oh now youre going to try and plead ignorance. At least youre trying something new! :lol:

missbexie

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:53 pm

omg...
is any thread in here sacred!

I just want to talk bout weddings, dresses, hair, shoes etc! I don't have anyone to do this with in Wagga!!! This is the only place I can just talk about the wedding!!! grr...

They can track the IP address anyways, so if it is her, she'll get banned... if not then she'll stay...

Just try to stay on topic and ignore nasty comments...

OestaraRose

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 pm

I came here to talk about weddings also. I'm doing some of my wedding planning online to save time...

I work 10 hr days and don't have time to travel all over Canberra in my time off!

missbexie

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Well lets talk weddings,

If anything rude or offensive or nasty is said by anyone, I will report that user to the Mod team straight away... No more mean-ness in here!!

I'm trying to find cheap gold fish bowl style vases in canberra.. I don't really wanna pay over like $8each cause I have to buy like 20 of them!
Any ideas?

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks for the concerns and warnings Heavenly Melody. I'm sorry such awful comments were made to you :( , and to Missbexie...I just hope the one user doesn't turn people off the Canberra thread, as we seem to have very few posters in here as it is. It was lovely, helpful and supportive until this incident, and I hope it returns back to just that!

Well lets talk weddings

Sounds lovely :heart:

Katbunny- It's great that you've come back, I bet you have heaps of advice and recommendations!!!

Missbexie- I'm trying to work out what shape vase you mean....fishbowl as in round ball like shape with small opening at top, something like this?Image
I used these at our engagement party, they came in black glass, white glass or clear glass, and came from a "Hot Dollar" shop, cost $2 each. Not sure if that is the shape/size? Oh and saw your S&T, it's all looking great!

WHOOPS- Sorry for the big photo.....forget how to make it smaller again :oops:

missbexie

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:31 pm

very similar!
Maybe a little bigger? What I mean by fishbowl is the classic kinda rounded bowl that people put goldfish in?

But I am def going to check out hot dollar now!

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:34 pm

LOL I'm a shocker at descriptions :oops:

Try Go-Lo, Hot Dollar, The Reject shop, Clints, All those "Crazy Jim's" or "Crazy joe's" etc etc types of places, they usually have similar stuff!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08